Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
S
Strop10 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by robthom
Some people in the UK have medical bracelets - informs ambulance / paramedics of conditions and allergies to medicines. Think they are stainless steel with a red heart logo on them. They open like a locket and have I formation inside them

They don't mark you as being private citizens though? At least not yet?

If they had recognized what he was, he could have been hammered drunk while shooting up the parking lot and they wouldn't have harmed him.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
How is one supposed to know when a violent, irrational individual is actually a diabetic having an episode?

Serious question.

It just depends on what the patient is trying to do.

If he is basically secure and not hurting anyone then you take the time to assess and negotiate with him.

If not..he would be restrained. Then you would assess.

But what if he's an arsehole and just deserves an ass-whoopin?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Yup, and that "Figuring out what is happening" part is the hard part of Emergency Services work. Most times, you have time to do the math and make an assessment. But other times you just react, because you have no time. Hundredths of a second to: see and evaluate that action, then decide what to do, set that action in motion, evaluate the action taken, hope for the best. Reaction is always slower the action. Our arm chair experts can speak to this, since they have been there done that and received a participation trophy.

If private citizens were marked for ID in some way this wouldn't have happened, although that might have resulted in his death if they assumed he was just inebriated and gave him alcohol.
It appears that you're the only one here advocating for 'markings'.
Thanks to the legislative process, you have the ability to contact your local reps and attempt to make it so. It will be a good test to see how many of your local LEOs (the ones you believe support you and your markings) agree.
Good luck with your lesson in civics.

I don't want to be marked, but I think your colleagues will want that. Had they known what he was they would have never laid a hand on him.
I've noticed you utilize phrases such as 'it seems' and 'I think' in lieu of actually having knowledge or documentation.
I can say definitively that what you 'think' is 100% incorrect as it applies to my colleagues and peers. In fact, such markings have never come up in discussion and I don't know a single copper who would want such an abomination.
Are you sure you don't want then for some reason? You formulated the idea rather quickly.

Have your colleagues ever beat each other because they got butt hurt due to not recognizing each other?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Yup, and that "Figuring out what is happening" part is the hard part of Emergency Services work. Most times, you have time to do the math and make an assessment. But other times you just react, because you have no time. Hundredths of a second to: see and evaluate that action, then decide what to do, set that action in motion, evaluate the action taken, hope for the best. Reaction is always slower the action. Our arm chair experts can speak to this, since they have been there done that and received a participation trophy.

If private citizens were marked for ID in some way this wouldn't have happened, although that might have resulted in his death if they assumed he was just inebriated and gave him alcohol.
Thanks to the legislative process, you have the ability to contact your local reps and attempt to make it so. It will be a good test to see how many of your local LEOs (the ones you believe support you and your markings) agree.

He will do nothing. He is too lazy to take the time to write an email to his states police testing and certification board about an "unconstitutional training program" that he had the time to bìtch about incessantly.

That's what he wants to do, bìtch.

1) I don't want a tattoo or other identifying markings.

2) "This training you all enjoy attending is promoting the violating of rights."

"Yeah we know. It doesn't curtail our special priveleges. Why do you think we enjoy it so much?"

Wtf are you rambling about?

Happycrapper is off his meds and on a tear lol

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/06/24.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
How is one supposed to know when a violent, irrational individual is actually a diabetic having an episode?

Serious question.

If he is basically secure and not hurting anyone then you take the time to assess and negotiate with him.

I pointed earlier that the diabetic who got beat may have previously told the cops who beat him they were in the wrong on something and they took the opportunity to retaliate. It's a remote possibility though.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Serious question.

Sometimes you would like to....but there is that whole do no harm deal they hold over us.

I am MAGA.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
My K9 bit a friend/colleague while we were clearing an industrial building........ Would you like to count that one?

If not....no, but we've never 'beat' a diabetic patient either.
Hope that helps.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Serious question.

I pointed earlier that the diabetic who got beat may have previously told the cops who beat him they were in the wrong on something and they took the opportunity to retaliate. It's a remote possibility though.

In imaginationland?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

He will do nothing. He is too lazy to take the time to write an email to his states police testing and certification board about an "unconstitutional training program" that he had the time to bìtch about incessantly.

2) "This training you all enjoy attending is promoting the violating of rights."

"Yeah we know. It doesn't curtail our special priveleges. Why do you think we enjoy it so much?"

You forgot the claims you made despite being being directly above my response to them. Not good.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Serious question.

But what if he was just a guy like you that they'd never encountered before?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Serious question.

In imaginationland?

Unfortunately no, it happens occasionally. Al Pacino even did a movie about one of the more famous incidents. Rare, but it does happen.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

You forgot the claims you made despite being being directly above my response to them. Not good.

My "claims" are statements of fact. You just want to bìtch. You have not done one thing personally to change or effect change. You bìtch. That's it.

Keep bìtching, "thinking", assuming, or imagining.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/06/24.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Serious question.

But what if he was just a guy like you that they'd never encountered before?

Decent chance a private citizen having a medical emergency could get beaten.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/san-anselmo-man-tased-by-police-during-seizure-alleges-cover-up

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
My K9 bit a friend/colleague while we were clearing an industrial building........ Would you like to count that one?

Hope that helps.

When one or more of your colleagues doesn't recognize another colleague who happens to be having a medical emergency and decides to attack them, we can see how it goes.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

My "claims" are statements of fact. You just want to bìtch. You have not done one thing personally to change or effect change. You bìtch. That's it.

Keep bìtching, "thinking", assuming, or imagining.

So are mine .

I don't want to be marked to prevent the beating incident that is mentioned in this thread.

LE aren't going to have any problems with training they are enjoying, a fact you are well aware of since it was not the New Jersey Office of Law Enforcement Professional Standards that took issue with the training business.

https://data.nj.gov/stories/s/NJ-Comptroller-Police-Training-Report/qr2h-vn6y/

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Hope that helps.

When one or more of your colleagues doesn't recognize another colleague who happens to be having a medical emergency and decides to attack them we can see how it goes.
Okay.
I'll report back if your hypothetical ever plays out.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Hope that helps.

When one or more of your colleagues doesn't recognize another colleague who happens to be having a medical emergency and decides to attack them we can see how it goes.
Okay.

I hope you do.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Hope that helps.

Okay.

I hope you do.
Full transparency: I'm only giving it another 3 years or so. Since it hasn't happened in the last 25(ish), you're probably going to be unhappy when nothing happens.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Hope that helps.

Okay.

I hope you do.
Full transparency: I'm only giving it another 3 years or so. Since it hasn't happened in the last 25(ish), you're probably going to be unhappy when nothing happens.

Usually le recognize each other so not surprising.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Hope that helps.

Okay.

I hope you do.

Usually le recognize each other so not surprising.

Dogs don't.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,514
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.