Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
I have family in Kerrville, they own Gibson's Hardware.

It's a great old store,nice sporting goods dept.,and they will order whatever u need.

Rehab is for quitters!
THEY are all guilty!
Name one honest politician!
DEFINE Treason.
God bless the USA
Democrats ARE the plague!
RINO'S need to be hunted!
Who's a bigger puzzy than Paul Ryan? Mike Pence? John Kerry ?
REELECT NOBODY! Except Trump
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The boys and family will be here, four miles north of Bergheim, grilling and sipping. It's pretty rare to get all three off at the same time. We're looking forward to the gathering.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree, Gibson's is a great store!

I've got no trespassing signs all over the place. I've run people off our property several times over the years. We have a spring-fed creek in back and it not only brings wildlife, it brings tourists. Fredericksburg Texas is a destination town. We have lots of tourists every weekend and some throughout the week. My wife and I are hosting some friends and family for the eclipse. I'll be glad when it's over.

As for rain - we always welcome rain here in the Hill Country. :-)

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Something you eclipse fans may want to consider safety wise...we have millions of new residents from Central America enriching our culture...they are the descendants of the Aztecs, Toltecs etc. And history tells us that they are fond of human sacrifice and blood orgy, to appease the sun god during times of solar anomaly...and sometimes, just for the sheer fun of it too. Situational awareness, lads. (sarc)

I have made a sacrifice of pork ribs on the pit to the sun god to deliver to us three days of torrential rains!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
Pffft

Boomers would rather watch The Sons Of Katie Elder for the 9,224th time.🤣😃
i am one of those ..lol..or any othe John Wayne movie would be better than the eclipse ....screw the eclipse .I dont see the attraction and big hooplaa over it for reguler people, i have seen luner eclipses before ,it the same but reversed ,it no big deal expetiley not spend no 900 a night motel room to see it

NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I hunted in Kerr county for over thirty years. Spent money there every chance we got.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Pffft

i am one of those ..lol..or any othe John Wayne movie would be better than the eclipse ....screw the eclipse …. i have seen luner eclipses before ,it the same but reversed ,it no big deal expetiley not spend no 900 a night motel room to see it

Lunar eclipse? Not even in the ballpark.

Black sun in a ring of fire, stars in the black sky around the sun, brighter all around on the horizon like a 360 degree sunrise.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Pffft

i am one of those ..lol..or any othe John Wayne movie would be better than the eclipse ....screw the eclipse …. i have seen luner eclipses before ,it the same but reversed ,it no big deal expetiley not spend no 900 a night motel room to see it

Black sun in a ring of fire, stars in the black sky around the sun, brighter all around on the horizon like a 360 degree sunrise.

Some sharp dudes here aye Mike...

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
A few years back, eclipse viewers stormed the central Oregon area. Lots of public ground to camp! We are still cleaning up from that cluster. I never knew there were that many slob litter bugs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Pffft

Some sharp dudes here aye Mike...

Actually there is, most don’t realize what a full eclipse is really like.

The eclipse I regret missing was just a partial here in 2012 or 2013 I think.

I thought “big deal partial eclipse”, regular daylight ya don’t realize anything is different unless you look at the sun.

I didn’t realize the sun was gonna SET while in partial eclipse, I saw the photos, it looked like science fiction,

All all I would have had to do was step outside crazy

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
We just left Comfort this morning. The turkeys were tight lipped and stayed on the other side of the fence. Things in town seemed fairly normal for a Saturday morning.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We are in the dark every day 8 hours. Don’t see the draw. Not a fan.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Reloder28
We are in the dark every day 8 hours. Don’t see the draw. Not a fan.

And that's OK too.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I love that old Gibson's!

About the last one standing. Went in there many times in my youth.
Naw, there's one in Weatherford TX.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not on the rain it won't.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
San Antonio Express-News
Admission to the festival is free, but a room at the Motel 6 costs $900 for one night.
SOB!!!!!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We're in the path here as well.
I don't think people realize how cool it will be.
News projects an extra 500k ppl in the region.County state of emergency,as they think 50k just in our county.
Should be fun,grilling some protien,cranking Pink Floyd, who knows

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We had a RV parked in our gateway on the county road last night, couple from New Jersey looking for a place they could park and watch the Eclipse, moved them to the S.Ranch inside the gate safer there and not on the hi-way. nice retired couple, tomorrow is my birthday and we are having a little ranch fiesta at the main barn we are going to bring them up for a little food and give them a taste of S.Texas and watch the eclipse, should be fun. Rio7

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
in Lexington Kentucky.it seems the University of Kentucky library either gave away or sold some fake eclipse sunglasses that were not certified to be dark enough to look at the sun ,.They had it in the news for everyone who got one to throw them away .ironic UK would not have checked this being they are a UNIVERITY .to many scammers ,why take a chance with your eyesight over unknown sunglasses ,even ef they have the cert number ,there are to many scammers ,

NRA Life Member
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (7887mm08, 808outdoors, 35, ar33c9, 10Glocks, 308ld, 8 invisible), 1,240 guests, and 768 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.