-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is too cold for infrared telescopes to detect and too dark for light telescopes to see.

It is nothing more than a rescuing device to get around the fact of a young solar system.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Noah was an

ALIEN!

He begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth at about 500 years old. Easy enough for a ALIEN to do.

And the Ark was a

SPACESHIP

easy enough to get above the floodwaters that way.

this stuff ain't hard to figure out folks.

Was that an episode of Ancient Aliens on The History Channel?

No, and it wasn't Shem, Ham, and Japheth either.

It was Shemp, Moe, and Larry and it was an episode of the Three Stooges.

dudes

I don need no tellebishun show to gibb me no ideers

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dude,

That Noah guy must have had a lot of help gathering over 2 million species ( maybe subtract the aquatic ones???) to get on that boat and keep them going until the waters receded. And if he didn't get all 2 million described species, maybe there wasn't a 10th that many at the time, then that would mean there has been a lot of speciation (evolution) going on in the years after the Ark landed?

How many species have we described?

Before we look at estimates of how many species there are in total, we should first ask the question of how many species we know that we know. Species that we have identified and named.

The IUCN Red List tracks the number of described species and updates this figure annually based on the latest work of taxonomists. In 2021, it listed 2.13 million species on the planet. In the chart, we see the breakdown across a range of taxonomic groups – 1.05 million insects, over 11,000 birds, over 11,000 reptiles, and over 6,000 mammals.

Then again, one doesn't have to believe everything one reads on the internet, right? Just because a bunch of scientists have a method they use to describe an organism, doesn't mean they get it correct.......

Noah was instructed to take '...every KIND of animal...' GEN 7, not species........

IF, now, he took pairs of every genus and not species, that would substantially reduce the space needed...

The Greek word from the septuagint is genos, translated 'kind'

Last edited by Muffin; 04/06/24.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Muffin
Dude,

That Noah guy must have had a lot of help gathering over 2 million species ( maybe subtract the aquatic ones???) to get on that boat and keep them going until the waters receded. And if he didn't get all 2 million described species, maybe there wasn't a 10th that many at the time, then that would mean there has been a lot of speciation (evolution) going on in the years after the Ark landed?

Before we look at estimates of how many species there are in total, we should first ask the question of how many species we know that we know. Species that we have identified and named.

The IUCN Red List tracks the number of described species and updates this figure annually based on the latest work of taxonomists. In 2021, it listed 2.13 million species on the planet. In the chart, we see the breakdown across a range of taxonomic groups – 1.05 million insects, over 11,000 birds, over 11,000 reptiles, and over 6,000 mammals.

Then again, one doesn't have to believe everything one reads on the internet, right? Just because a bunch of scientists have a method they use to describe an organism, doesn't mean they get it correct.......

Noah was instructed to take '...every KIND of animal...' GEN 7, not species........

IF, now, he took pairs of every genus and not species, that would substantially reduce the space needed...

Great, so he let's say he took one pair of serpents, one pair of lizards, one pair of mosquitos, one pair of "cats", one pair of elephants, and so on, how do you account for the multiple species that occurred (speciation/evolution) in the intervening period of, let's say 6000 years as there's a thread going on about that?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Muffin
Dude,

Great, so he let's say he took one pair of serpents, one pair of lizards, one pair of mosquitos, one pair of "cats", one pair of elephants, and so on, how do you account for the multiple species that occurred (speciation/evolution) in the intervening period of, let's say 6000 years as there's a thread going on about that?

GOD did not 'create' mules..........HINT.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Anyone that believes this bs about taking two of every animal is on crack. I think he might have needed a bigger boat and maybe just a little bit of food and water to sustain this population of critters. Just out of curiosity how many people did Noah take with him?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Anyone that believes this bs about taking two of every animal is on crack. I think he might have needed a bigger boat and maybe just a little bit of food and water to sustain this population of critters. Just out of curiosity how many people did Noah take with him?

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK, so man bred mules for a purpose.

did man breed 3000 species of snakes in the world from the one pair God had Noah take along? or did Noah take 3000 pairs, one pair of each "KIND" ?

Or perhaps you don't believe there are 3000 species of snakes in the world?

There are nearly 3,000 species of snakes distributed nearly worldwide

that's just one source, I'm sure a search could easily find other sources with similar numbers. Perhaps the Herpetological societies have more info since they make a science of studying those thing?

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Or, at the time of Noah, just how many "kinds" of animals existed and what was the definition of "KIND" at that time?

Ar we talking along the lines of one KIND of mammal, one KIND of bird, one KIND of reptile? (prolly no need for one KIND of fish as they could prolly live in the flood waters)

In it is contentment

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Reloder28
For all of you naysayers:

Why do you think rainbows appear in the sky?

Why do you think God flooded the Earth?

Spherical water droplets (they're spherical because of surface tension) cause different wave lengths of light to be diffracted in different directions. This has been known since about 1700.

Why do you think that God flooded the earth? There is no evidence of any world-wide flood. There is substantial evidence that none occurred.

Why didn't you pay attention in junior high school?

Because junior high did not exalt the knowledge of God above the foolishness of man. God uses the foolish things to shame the wise. I see evidence of that every day.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Read the story. It is only a few pages.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

GOA
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Ringman

Read the story. It is only a few pages.
It’s a novel ringman smoke another bowl. 7876 pairs of animals on the ark you had better smoke two bowls if you believe that. 🚬

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Where are ya ringman we feed about a thousand cows of varying sizes daily with 7 guys and use tractors. Now granted that a lot of the animals were smaller which would require less food but also a different type of food not to discount the amount of water required per animal. I can tell you that you would need an aircraft carrier to hold enough food and water for over 15000 animals for 371 days. Go ahead and smoke that third bowl. Hell I might be considered the new deflave for calling out somebody for their lunacy. Change my mind. The ball is in your court.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yep. Sure do

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where are ya ringman we feed about a thousand cows of varying sizes daily with 7 guys and use tractors. Now granted that a lot of the animals were smaller which would require less food but also a different type of food not to discount the amount of water required per animal. I can tell you that you would need an aircraft carrier to hold enough food and water for over 15000 animals for 371 days. Go ahead and smoke that third bowl. Hell I might be considered the new deflave for calling out somebody for their lunacy. Change my mind. The ball is in your court.

You are rejecting the idea of hibernation and estivation.

You are also confusing your limited experience and knowledge with someone who was instructed by The Supreme Being what to do and how to do it. That same Supreme Being brought the Flood knew how to protect the ark and the creatures in it for the thirteen months of the Flood.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
the Flying Spaghetti Monster says the whole thing is a hoax.

https://www.spaghettimonster.org/about/

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Or, at the time of Noah, just how many "kinds" of animals existed and what was the definition of "KIND" at that time?

Ar we talking along the lines of one KIND of mammal, one KIND of bird, one KIND of reptile? (prolly no need for one KIND of fish as they could prolly live in the flood waters)
So, for example, no need to take all the cat species, right? Just take two cats (or three) of one species, and then, once they hit dry land and disembark, they can evolve into all the species of cats we know today, such as lions, tigers, snow leopards, house cats, etc., right? But how long would that evolution take to occur? We're talking, what, four thousand years? Five thousand since the flood? That extent of evolution takes tens of millions of years. Also, if you propose that four or five thousand years was enough time, why do we have ancient, four and five thousand year old paintings and statues of many of the species of cats we know today. Shouldn't there still have been just one kind of cat that walked off the ark at that time, assuming your "kinds" theory were correct?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
This is what happens when we try to explain a miraculous event...

The axehead either floated, or it didn't............ HINT

( . Y . )
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Ringman

You are rejecting the idea of hibernation and estivation.

You are also confusing your limited experience and knowledge with someone who was instructed by The Supreme Being what to do and how to do it. That same Supreme Being brought the Flood knew how to protect the ark and the creatures in it for the thirteen months of the Flood.

Answer this if the supreme being is so supreme why not just let shiit happen which he caused and recreate the world with a fresh new start of all animals. So let me get this straight we were all descendants of Adam and Eve until the great flood and now we are all the descendants of 7 people on the ark you want to talk about a case of incest. I’ve got one for you to digest as more people claim they’ve seen big foot than claim to have seen god and as far as anyone knows we just might be a science experiment for a sixth grade alien.

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 20 invisible), 1,652 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,627
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.