Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hardway
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
None, unless I'm shooting heroine he wasn't really very talented....unless playing a guitar backwards is considered a skill.
I don't remember any specific album or "song" titles because the only things a bit interesting were the unmusical electronic/audio gimmicks and oddball effects. The only interesting thing in memory was when he plucked strings with his teeth.

Musically, none of his stuff carries much weight or importance. A passing fadster.

Lol…. I was waiting for this post 😂

Yep. Knew it was coming. 😂

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
None, unless I'm shooting heroine he wasn't really very talented....unless playing a guitar backwards is considered a skill.
I don't remember any specific album or "song" titles because the only things a bit interesting were the unmusical electronic/audio gimmicks and oddball effects. The only interesting thing in memory was when he plucked strings with his teeth.

Musically, none of his stuff carries much weight or importance. A passing fadster.

Originally Posted by Redneck
Best one is the one I never heard... Just me, but his music was crap IMHO...

You did it now, you've lost ALL credibility lololol

Oh the pearl clutching will start by the Fire conservatives: their love for the only black guitarist that lit his instrument on fire and played it with his teeth is undying, his record sales sucked while he was alive...and he considered Billy Gibbons and Duane Allman to be better players, and was completely blown away with Jeff Beck's style and skills. He had serious drug issues, and is said to have been bisexual according to his band mates.

But hey, it must be George Floyd day here...start the reparations lol

PS: Waiting to hear Chet Atkins being the best string picker.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Man....you are a stupid, insecure douche bag.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Man....you are a stupid, insecure douche bag.

Yeah ok twat.....lolol, look who's insecure and butt hurt !!!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Bwanabitch1 is the poster girl for participation trophies.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bwanabitch1 is the poster girl for participation trophies.

Right, only a select few of the elite are allowed to have opinions here......freedom conservatives my ballz, fuqk off azzhole.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Keep raging little girl.

The feminine approach is bound to work eventually.

I am MAGA.
D
D
Live at the Fillmore East. An extended version of Band of Gypsies. Music was moving to a heavier less psychedelic sound. Favorite version of Hear my train a comin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep raging little girl.

Your mancrush trolling of my every post, is becoming a bit disconcerting at this point.....please take 2 steps backwards. Sitting on Lake Erie with the family awaiting the eclipse, try living life without all the hate....find Jesus bro.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
His Blues album, awesome from start to finish. The live version of "hear my train comin" is about as get as it gets with Jimi

Last edited by killerv; 04/08/24.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A small example of what made Hendrix stand out.

And that is just the rythm parts!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
AKCHOPPER: I'll be danged. I walked through that memorial structure once and saw all kinds of little trinkets there - nowadays I just drive by slowly and look at all the young folks (who were not even alive when Jimi was!) that visit there and take pictures and rest there a while. Music can take a funny hold on some people!
By the way I heard that smoking pot would stunt your growth - are you a smaller person?
Just funnin ya. Enjoy Jimi's music if thats your bag.
Still sad that Jimi joined the "27 Club"!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

I love it when the boomers can't help themselves. They can't resist the opportunity to show their a$$ when it presents itself.

Ha Ha Ha, read your own post then recall that boomers were Jimi's audience and embraced his music and made it part of the culture of an era. No flowers in my hair but I did have a bottle of LSA in my helmet band.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Higginez
What's your favorite?

I don't really have one. I recognize his talent and innovation, and I "like" his music, however, I was in college in the 80s and they played Hendrix a bit beyond the saturation point on college radio in those days. I haven't recovered from that auditory overdose I guess. I'm a little bit the same with Led Zeppelin. Unless I'm feeling deeply nostalgic at the moment, often if I hear either one, I tend to change stations. I'm kinda getting the same way with Metallica. Which is .. blasphemy.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The New Year’s Eve live recording.

I think he was in a transitional group at the time.

I can’t remember the name of it.

Machine Gun was on it.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Keep raging little girl.

Your mancrush trolling of my every post, is becoming a bit disconcerting at this point.....please take 2 steps backwards. Sitting on Lake Erie with the family awaiting the eclipse, try living life without all the hate....find Jesus bro.

Gawd....you still can't sit down after Flave got done with you!

Hahaha!

Poor democrats.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you already knew the actualities about his stuff, why did you have to wait?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you already knew the actualities about his stuff, why did you have to wait?
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by hanco
Best guitar player ever!
Other than strictly personal preference, what data was used to arrive at that declaration?
More clueless.
Kindly provide your most erudite explanation for that exclamation of "clueless", preferably emphasizing your musical knowledge and reasoning.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
better heard than seen...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People who listen to music - any kind of music - will develop their own likes or dislikes mostly according to their own personal tastes. That is normality, and personal reasoning may range from simply "I just like it (or don't)" all the way over to deep and maybe sophisticated analysis based on some knowledge and skills. Consequently, the personal likes/dislikes can differ widely - as with food, hobbies, entertainment, friends, etc.. Such differences are revealed in this thread.

Some folks here will take the opportunity to disparage, deride and even attack the tastes and comments of another person simply because of differences in their "likes" or "dislikes", but seem to avoid the related questions about their reasoning.

Such derogatory comments/behaviors have little or nothing to do with the qualities of the music itself. But, they seem to show a lot with regard to personal insecurities and maybe smallness of character.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (222Sako, 160user, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,771
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.