Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Where are ya ringman we feed about a thousand cows of varying sizes daily with 7 guys and use tractors. Now granted that a lot of the animals were smaller which would require less food but also a different type of food not to discount the amount of water required per animal. I can tell you that you would need an aircraft carrier to hold enough food and water for over 15000 animals for 371 days. Go ahead and smoke that third bowl. Hell I might be considered the new deflave for calling out somebody for their lunacy. Change my mind. The ball is in your court.

You are rejecting the idea of hibernation and estivation.

You are also confusing your limited experience and knowledge with someone who was instructed by The Supreme Being what to do and how to do it. That same Supreme Being brought the Flood knew how to protect the ark and the creatures in it for the thirteen months of the Flood.

Answer this if the supreme being is so supreme why not just let shiit happen which he caused and recreate the world with a fresh new start of all animals. So let me get this straight we were all descendants of Adam and Eve until the great flood and now we are all the descendants of 7 people on the ark you want to talk about a case of incest. I’ve got one for you to digest as more people claim they’ve seen big foot than claim to have seen god and as far as anyone knows we just might be a science experiment for a sixth grade alien.

There was no law against incest until hundreds of years after the Flood. God claims He can span the stars with His hand. That is too large for us to see.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Justify it how ever you want. According to you I must be a direct descendant of Noah and I would put money against it.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Dude,

That Noah guy must have had a lot of help gathering over 2 million species ( maybe subtract the aquatic ones???) to get on that boat and keep them going until the waters receded. And if he didn't get all 2 million described species, maybe there wasn't a 10th that many at the time, then that would mean there has been a lot of speciation (evolution) going on in the years after the Ark landed?

How many species have we described?

Before we look at estimates of how many species there are in total, we should first ask the question of how many species we know that we know. Species that we have identified and named.

The IUCN Red List tracks the number of described species and updates this figure annually based on the latest work of taxonomists. In 2021, it listed 2.13 million species on the planet. In the chart, we see the breakdown across a range of taxonomic groups – 1.05 million insects, over 11,000 birds, over 11,000 reptiles, and over 6,000 mammals.

Then again, one doesn't have to believe everything one reads on the internet, right? Just because a bunch of scientists have a method they use to describe an organism, doesn't mean they get it correct.......

Noah was instructed to take '...every KIND of animal...' GEN 7, not species........

IF, now, he took pairs of every genus and not species, that would substantially reduce the space needed...

The Greek word from the septuagint is genos, translated 'kind'

That would support evolution.

Rut row, now what?

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Alan_C
I’ve thought about that . You would not have to feed an animal on an ark. The ark could be just an object that a human could relate to. Animals could have been also converted to dust once entering the ark and then later brought back.

Feed them and they schit, everywhere and on everything, birds are the worst.

Just who shoveled said schit on said arc?

Hey, maybe this Noah dude invented the "poop deck"..?

How cool is that?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
As usual the faithless show up to these threads to mock the beliefs of others when they choose not to believe instead convinced that from their little corner of experience they have got it figured. Who are the boneheads again?

The way life should be.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by johnn
That would support evolution.

Rut row, now what?
Clearly, but it always amazes me, when Creationists make that argument, how they don't see that.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by tskin
Yes I do. Jesus referred to the "days of Noah".

I looked it up, Jesus quoted or referred to Genesis 18 times in total in the gospels.

I don't know all of them but off the top of my head.....

The days of Noah quote
A reference to Abel, Adam's 2nd son
A reference to Sodom and Gomorrah
A reference to God creating mankind male and female......maybe our society needs to rethink that one.

Perhaps believers should do a study on this before they relegate Genesis to equality with Aesop.

Last edited by RJY66; 04/08/24.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bluefish
As usual the faithless show up to these threads to mock the beliefs of others when they choose not to believe instead convinced that from their little corner of experience they have got it figured. Who are the boneheads again?

Just the one's unsupported by good evidence.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by tskin
Yes I do. Jesus referred to the "days of Noah".

I looked it up, Jesus quoted or referred to Genesis 18 times in total in the gospels.

I don't know all of them but off the top of my head.....

The days of Noah quote
A reference to Abel, Adam's 2nd son
A reference to Sodom and Gomorrah
A reference to God creating mankind male and female......maybe our society needs to rethink that one.

Perhaps believers should do a study on this before they relegate Genesis to equality with Aesop.

A writer of a book had a character refer to another passage in the same book.

Circular reasoning. It proved nothing.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by bluefish

Bluefish if you read the title of the thread the op asked a question.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
What did they feed the lions?
How did they breathe that high in the atmosphere?
How did they fit all of the animals in the boat, given the dimensions show that they couldn't fit?
2 elephants would need 365,000 lbs of food to survive 40 days.
Where did the water go?
How did animals end up on different continents?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnn
Feed them and they schit, everywhere and on everything, birds are the worst.

Just who shoveled said schit on said arc?

I imagine Noah assigned his son he disliked the most to be " Chief Shidt Shoveler." wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Why didn't Noah go fishing?

He only had two worms.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you can explain miraculous events......maybe they aren't!!!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
How did they fit all of the animals in the boat, given the dimensions show that they couldn't fit?
Where did the water go?

I will address only the most foolish. The ark was at sea level.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Christians...our crazy neighbors who believe in fairy tales.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
Where did the water go?

I will address only the most foolish. The ark was at sea level.

Sea level eh... great answer.....but wait just a minute.

At what elevation might sea level be if the earth was flooded and covered with water?

Did mt Everest shrink from being so wet?
Or sprout up after the flood?

Where did all the water come from?

Where did it go?

Did god make more water for this one event and then take it back to Walmart when he was done with it?

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
What? No reply? Glad I could straighten y'all out!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was a story from Babilonia that had a man build a raft for a flood in which he put his family and their animals. I've heard it said that this story goes back to when the Mediteranian first broke through to the Black Sea which at that time was a lake.

People seem to have a problem with the thought that the Bible contains some allegory. I have no problem with that and do not think it would in any way make the Bible false. Allegory is used in religious teachings all the time. Jesus himself use a great deal of allegory.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Noah’s Ark has always fascinated me. I’ve read conflicting stories on the subject. Would like to hear folks opinions and support that comes from the Bible . Let’s discuss this while being respectful to one another please!

Every ancient culture has a flood myth. This is world wide. So there is certainly some truth in the Biblical account. I think the ancients tailored what happened to their own belief system.

Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 15 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,489
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.