Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
cv540 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Hunter, 42, poses with exhausted wolf he tortured and paraded around his local bar with its mouth t… https://mol.im/a/13282963 via https://dailym.ai/android

Suspect this fellow will regret posting these pictures, owns a trucking company locally.

Quote from the Sheriff of this county

"Sublette County Sheriff K.C. Lehr didn’t know about an ugly mid-winter incident involving allegations of a tortured wolf in his jurisdiction until he read about it online in the last few days.

The cruel capture, display and delayed killing of the wolf was investigated by the Wyoming Game and Fish Department, which did not publicize what happened — or even bring sheriff’s deputies into the loop.

“They investigated, they found there was a violation,” Lehr said. “Granted, it was a slap on the hand for what seems to have happened.”

Lehr took off his sheriff’s hat, telling WyoFile that as a person he was aghast by the alleged details of the incident he’s read online: That the wolf was run down by a snowmobile, disabled, its mouth taped shut, then was brought into the Green River Bar in Daniel for cheap thrills before being shot behind the establishment. Those details have not been independently confirmed by KHOL Jackson Hole Community Radio and WyoFile.

“I don’t have anything to substantiate [the details],” Lehr said. “But if it did go to that extreme, not as a sheriff but as a hunter, as a resident of Sublette County, I find those actions very disturbing and unethical.”

“Can there be additional charges?” he added. “I’m looking at that right now in consultation with our county attorney.”

Last edited by cv540; 04/08/24.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That guy needs to be punished severely. He is a sick man.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Personally find it abhorrent, Totally unacceptable and unfortunate. Kill it and be done. Hope he goes bankrupt.

Swifty
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
If he did as posted, I have no words for such foolishness.
I’m no wolf lover and have killed some and I certainly am in favor of lethal controls when needed. Anyone who could do what the guy is accused of to any animal is flat wrong.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Dude ain’t to brite

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Dumb move to take pictures.

Not a fan of what he did too and I don’t like wolves.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Personally find it abhorrent, Totally unacceptable and unfortunate. Kill it and be done. Hope he goes bankrupt.

Abhorrent is a good word for something like that.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
C
cv540 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
That guy needs to be punished severely. He is a sick man.

I agree. Shifted from local news to worldwide news. Betting he will face judicial and extra-judicial punishment. Wouldnt want to be his insurance company.

-George Washington
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
That guy needs to be a fly fisherman- - - - -torturing his prey to exhaustion by using the smallest leader possible and artificially prolonging the "sport" of bringing the fish to hand. Then the virtue-signalling sadist "releases" it to a lingering death somewhere downstream. That kind of sadism is "legal"!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t understand the idea of parading around a 1/2 dead dog. If your going to kill it, just kill it and then do as you will.

I wouldn’t ruin a guys life over it though.

$250 fine sounds about right. Hope he learned about putting schit like that on social media.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I posted the same subject a few days ago. Be ready for the haters to come after you big time. I couldn't believe the responses, ranging from FAKE NEWS crowd to the wolf haters. Some members label anything that they disagree with Fake News, without checking the records or having a clue. I'm do not like the wolves and I am really not a fan of the reintroduction of them. Killing is one thing but cruelty should be severely punished. This is a very sick man, he needs help or a long jail sentence! Karma is a bitch, and transfers to this ass holes supporters.

BTW I deleted my post, that was a big mistake, glad to see some members have a soul! I WAS A COWARD

It makes me nervous know we have guys like this in our community!

Last edited by Switch; 04/08/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Torturing an animal is messed up, even if it's a wolf. It takes a sick mind to pull that kind of chit, posting it was really dumb.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IDIOT! Makes all hunters look bad and gives a lot of ammo to the groups that want the wolf totally protected by the Feds.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sick MOFO, who's hate is badly misdirected.

Wolves do what Wolves do; the problem lies with the idiots who introduced them where they should not be.

MM

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Don't call him a hunter! Ever!

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Man I hate wolves. Not much I would rather get than a wolf, or 3.

But, I am no sadist. And really don't like killing things, but when it needs to be done, you do it and get it over with for the animal's sake and for your personal mental health.

This guy has issues (read that in Captain Obvious' voice). In addition to his issues though, I bet that wolf represents more than a wolf to him and his buddies. I would imagine they see the wolf as a representation of the government's intrusion into their lives. So it is a resounding FU to government and environmental/wildlife groups that are forcing crap onto people out in the real world.

No excuse for hi. He needs some pretty severe punishment. But not ruin his life. Not end his ability to hunt etc for life.

Montana MOFO
C
cv540 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I am no expert on Wyoming laws but this would seem to apply.

(ii) Knowingly, and with intent to cause death or undue suffering, beats with cruelty, tortures, torments or mutilates an animal. (b) Felony cruelty to animals is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than two (2) years, a fine of not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.

-George Washington
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Special kind of stupid.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
That guy needs to be a fly fisherman- - - - -torturing his prey to exhaustion by using the smallest leader possible and artificially prolonging the "sport" of bringing the fish to hand. Then the virtue-signalling sadist "releases" it to a lingering death somewhere downstream. That kind of sadism is "legal"!

WTF, Really! Moron alert!

Last edited by Switch; 04/08/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the performance of my job I once roped an alligator in someone's yard, fought him to exhaustion on the rope, with help duct taped his mouth shut, and loaded him up in the truck, all 11 feet of him. I took him by my wife's place of employment and showed him off to the patients and staff and then hauled him even further away from his point of origin, un taped him and threw him out at a remote swampy area.

Alligators became such a problem that we started roping them, tying them to a tree and calling someone with tags to come get him.

The boy with the wolf should have just quickly killed him.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (16penny, 007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,144
Posts18,484,119
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.