-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone who thinks Hendrix was only a gimmick player doesn't understand rock guitar (or doesn't like Jimi because he looked like a pimp).
Most of the experience stuff is awesome. The stuff he played with Cox and Miles leaves me flat.

P.S. Mitch Mitchell was a great drummer

Last edited by night_owl; 04/08/24.

abusus non tollit usum
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by hardway
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
None, unless I'm shooting heroine he wasn't really very talented....unless playing a guitar backwards is considered a skill.
I don't remember any specific album or "song" titles because the only things a bit interesting were the unmusical electronic/audio gimmicks and oddball effects. The only interesting thing in memory was when he plucked strings with his teeth.

Musically, none of his stuff carries much weight or importance. A passing fadster.

Lol…. I was waiting for this post 😂
If you already knew the actualities about his stuff, why did you have to wait?

Because you’re an old fuddy duddy who can’t resist complaining about any music that Higgenz posts…. It’s funny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
None, unless I'm shooting heroine he wasn't really very talented....unless playing a guitar backwards is considered a skill.
I don't remember any specific album or "song" titles because the only things a bit interesting were the unmusical electronic/audio gimmicks and oddball effects. The only interesting thing in memory was when he plucked strings with his teeth.

Musically, none of his stuff carries much weight or importance. A passing fadster.

Because you’re an old fuddy duddy who can’t resist complaining about any music that Higgenz posts…. It’s funny.
Actually, this reveals that you know next to nothing about what you just stated - previous postings (or absence thereof) about such music show that you are dead wrong about my basis. Your post above displays ignorance stated as a personal bias - and it illuminates the very essence of the comments about differences in taste. Thanks for the living example.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
People who listen to music - any kind of music - will develop their own likes or dislikes mostly according to their own personal tastes. That is normality, and personal reasoning may range from simply "I just like it (or don't)" all the way over to deep and maybe sophisticated analysis based on some knowledge and skills. Consequently, the personal likes/dislikes can differ widely - as with food, hobbies, entertainment, friends, etc.. Such differences are revealed in this thread.

Some folks here will take the opportunity to disparage, deride and even attack the tastes and comments of another person simply because of differences in their "likes" or "dislikes", but seem to avoid the related questions about their reasoning.

Such derogatory comments/behaviors have little or nothing to do with the qualities of the music itself. But, they seem to show a lot with regard to personal insecurities and maybe smallness of character.

Chicken fugger extraordinaire…..

LOL

Can’t make this schidt up!!!!!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Keep raging little girl.

The feminine approach is bound to work eventually.

Your mancrush trolling of my every post, is becoming a bit disconcerting at this point.....please take 2 steps backwards. Sitting on Lake Erie with the family awaiting the eclipse, try living life without all the hate....find Jesus bro.

Gawd....you still can't sit down after Flave got done with you!

Hahaha!

Poor democrats.

Diversionary tactics don't work stupid, go fugg a sheep fatboy....I'm sorry your idol boyfriend ran away from the forum, does your woman know how upset you are ?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by hanco
Best guitar player ever!
Other than strictly personal preference, what data was used to arrive at that declaration?
More clueless.
Kindly provide your most erudite explanation for that exclamation of "clueless", preferably emphasizing your musical knowledge and reasoning.

Funny how you always espouse your musical knowledge, yet you try to dismember the legacies of some of the most emulated musicians in modern history. I could have made a lot of money betting on your bloated response.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higginez
People who listen to music - any kind of music - will develop their own likes or dislikes mostly according to their own personal tastes. That is normality, and personal reasoning may range from simply "I just like it (or don't)" all the way over to deep and maybe sophisticated analysis based on some knowledge and skills. Consequently, the personal likes/dislikes can differ widely - as with food, hobbies, entertainment, friends, etc.. Such differences are revealed in this thread.

Some folks here will take the opportunity to disparage, deride and even attack the tastes and comments of another person simply because of differences in their "likes" or "dislikes", but seem to avoid the related questions about their reasoning.

Such derogatory comments/behaviors have little or nothing to do with the qualities of the music itself. But, they seem to show a lot with regard to personal insecurities and maybe smallness of character.
Chicken fugger extraordinaire…..LOL Can’t make this schidt up!!!!!
There was nothing I wished to say to or about you or any other individual except that guitar player in this thread. Now that you have inserted your vulgar response, let it stand as another of the low class "I like what I like for whatever empty reasons and I will attack you if you don't agree" examples - mimicking a charter member of the stoop to ad hominem gang. Nice show. Is this another of your cool gigue clams? Try reading the last sentence of my previous post again - for comprehension this time - and maybe grow up a bit. Still laughing about your juvenile post?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

There was nothing I wished to say to or about you or any other individual except that guitar player in this thread. Now that you have inserted your vulgar response, let it stand as another of the low class "I like what I like for whatever empty reasons and I will attack you if you don't agree" examples - mimicking a charter member of the stoop to ad hominem gang. Nice show. Is this another of your cool gigue clams? Try reading the last sentence of my previous post again - for comprehension this time - and maybe grow up a bit. Still laughing about your juvenile post?

You are the one that attacked, you stupid [bleep]. Now fugk off. Get a clue.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Best guitar player ever!
Other than strictly personal preference, what data was used to arrive at that declaration?
More clueless.
Kindly provide your most erudite explanation for that exclamation of "clueless", preferably emphasizing your musical knowledge and reasoning.
Funny how you always espouse your musical knowledge, yet you try to dismember the legacies of some of the most emulated musicians in modern history. I could have made a lot of money betting on your bloated response.
You may not know the meaning of "espouse", but kindly copy and paste here anything that I said there about anyone's musical knowledge. YOU are the one that brought up the knowledge issue. And, "dismember" is your word too - what a joke. If Hendrix has a worthy legacy I don't know much about it, understand it or care if it exists, let alone try to dismember. You try too hard to give me some credit for something in which I am not even interested. However, I did comment specifically on what I can hear in the recordings - the actual playing - comment based on having heard a lot of really good guitarists. It's simply analysis. Most emulated? By whom, and why?

So, you don't agree, but I made zero comment about your tastes or opinions. What is it in your makeup that agitates you to attack when someone does not agree with your views on a guitar player? Try to make a buck on this post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Best guitar player ever!
More clueless.
You may not know the meaning of "espouse", but kindly copy and paste here anything that I said there about anyone's musical knowledge. YOU are the one that brought up the knowledge issue. And, "dismember" is your word too - what a joke. If Hendrix has a worthy legacy I don't know much about it, understand it or care if it exists, let alone try to dismember. You try too hard to give me some credit for something in which I am not even interested. However, I did comment specifically on what I can hear in the recordings - the actual playing - comment based on having heard a lot of really good guitarists. It's simply analysis. Most emulated? By whom, and why?

So, you don't agree, but I made zero comment about your tastes or opinions. What is it in your makeup that agitates you to attack when someone does not agree with your views on a guitar player? Try to make a buck on this post.

You are the one that attacked, you stupid [bleep]. Now fugk off. Get a clue.
Another low class and meaningless post - impressive in its own right. Please copy and paste the personal attack in this thread that caused either of you two to go so vulgar.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Best guitar player ever!
More clueless.

You're such a pessimistic old fugk, you don't even realize it. Now fugk off.

PS- I knew you'd be waiting with baited breath, dwelling on my every word.

LMAO.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Best guitar player ever!
More clueless.

LMAO.
I made a bet that you would not be able to re-post what you claimed, but would reply with vulgar, baseless, nasty, empty, meaningless drivel - all 5 - and won. Thanks for the consistency - you are a hero.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not all Karen's are named Karen, boomers.

The folks that said, "not for me" know how to function. The guys that just want to be negative about his music then argue the point are...boomers.

He might have had a tattoo also! That would really get the boomer crowd on this site stirred up!!

Like it or not, Jimi's name will live on, and you are arguing on the wrong side of that.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Riverc
Best guitar player ever!
How about Stevie Ray Vaughn?
Lotta great guitar players, but Stevie Ray is my all time fave.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Buncha hippies jumpin around twitch'n and flippin screaming making fools of themselves. Sounds like a sack of cats fighting.

Listen to this you'll hear really good 'fast music' - don't bother listening if you're taking pot.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

The folks that said, "not for me" know how to function. The guys that just want to be negative about his music then argue the point are...boomers.

He might have had a tattoo also! That would really get the boomer crowd on this site stirred up!!

Like it or not, Jimi's name will live on, and you are arguing on the wrong side of that.
Right - not to my musical liking, and gave brief analysis of what/why. No comments about the guy or his life. I tend to agree with you that the name will live on, along with the guys who don't want to hear the critique.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

Right - not to my musical liking, and gave brief analysis of what/why. No comments about the guy or his life. I tend to agree with you that the name will live on, along with the guys who don't want to hear the critique.

Don't GAS about your expurt critique, dumfuk.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Best guitar player ever!
More clueless.

LMAO.
I made a bet that you would not be able to re-post what you claimed, but would reply with vulgar, baseless, nasty, empty, meaningless drivel - all 5 - and won. Thanks for the consistency - you are a hero.

You just don't seem to get it that I have nothing but scorn and wrath for you.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mrchongo
Originally Posted by Riverc
Best guitar player ever!
How about Stevie Ray Vaughn?
Lotta great guitar players, but Stevie Ray is my all time fave.

He's right up there for me, too. It appeared so effortless for him. Used to have a good friend who equally enjoyed Stevie Ray.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DouginNWPa
Live at the Fillmore East. An extended version of Band of Gypsies. Music was moving to a heavier less psychedelic sound. Favorite version of Hear my train a comin.

Band of Gypsies was excellent. Jimi and Buddy Miles were fast friends back in TN, long before he had the fame.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 61 invisible), 3,011 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,411
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.