Print Thread
Hop To
V
velcro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
I have been thinking about getting carry insurance but not sure which one to get.
Is there any discussion here on the forum about different carry insurance companys?

Living in the Land of Sunshine & No Basements
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian"
Semper Fi The Old Corps Era of the M-1 Garand�
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Better option would be to keep an attorney on retainer.

And the ability to fund your defense. Especially civil suits against you.

I don't trust USCCA. They have a nice building on a hill though.

GOA
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I think about this, and have for years, you have to dig and study to figure out who really does what they say, and depends on what states you travel through or live in, Barry’s post about home and ranch insurance got me to put a pen to how much , I’m 12-K with car and ranch, don’t even want to add up supplement insurance with Medicare. I think we probably need CC insurance.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
SSS, cheap smile

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dont

I am MAGA.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes, and on the cabin.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Yes, and on the cabin.
Wrong insurance type numbnuts.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Lawyers not insurance salesmen.

Link

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Let, thanks for link

V
velcro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Jim Conrad. Why not?
I had USCCA and let it expire to many caviats. Hopefully I’ll never need it but for a couple of hundred I think it’s good to have. Just wanting to make the best choice. Other then “SSS cheap” there is not a lot of input which is better then the wrong input! Any “first hand” input is appreciated

Last edited by velcro; 04/06/24.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian"
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Talk to your actual insurance agent.

Not some Robert Wagner type from the TV.

Its a waste of money if you carry any kind of insurance already.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have been told by one of the best personal injury attorneys in our area that personal liability insurance will not cover you for an intentional act. As to the specialty type coverage for carry insurance, as with all insurance you had best read the exclusions list real close. If you are convicted of anything involved in the shooting the insurance company may very well refuse to cover you.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
First rule, if you carry, don't do stupid [bleep]. I've had to not do things before because I'm armed. Use your head. It will go a lot farther than insurance that probably won't pay out anything anyway. It's just not needed.

And yes, I have used a firearm in self defense and had to go through a coroner's inquest under oath. Do the right thing and don't worry about insurance. My wife is an attorney, as well as several family members, but would not use anyone close if needed for something like this.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A very important thing to do besides having insurance is to not make any statements to the police or anyone about what happened. You make your defense attorney's job much easier if you don't admit to intentionally shooting someone. Just say "I want to talk to my attorney, I am not going to make any statements". And then don't, just give them your name, don't identify the gun as yours, don't say what the shootee did, just wait until you get a lawyer and he can tell them.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
V
velcro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Sorry I didnt get back sooner but thanks guys for the heads up on the links. Alot of great info there weather you want CC Ins. or not. Me personally, I think its worth while having it. Just being able to call someone knowledgeable about a bad situation you might be in,to talk to is worth the price. Thanks for all the input.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Hastings
A very important thing to do besides having insurance is to not make any statements to the police or anyone about what happened. You make your defense attorney's job much easier if you don't admit to intentionally shooting someone. Just say "I want to talk to my attorney, I am not going to make any statements". And then don't, just give them your name, don't identify the gun as yours, don't say what the shootee did, just wait until you get a lawyer and he can tell them.

And don't let the cops pressure you into saying anything. They know very well you have the right to remain silent, it does not make you look guilty.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hastings
I have been told by one of the best personal injury attorneys in our area that personal liability insurance will not cover you for an intentional act. As to the specialty type coverage for carry insurance, as with all insurance you had best read the exclusions list real close. If you are convicted of anything involved in the shooting the insurance company may very well refuse to cover you.

Correct, insurance company cannot / won't pay money to an insured for his intentional criminal act.

But, may an insurer subject to a contract of insurance provide (not money, but) legal representation in the event of a criminal prosecution of an insured?

And if an insurance company cannot (lawfully) do so, who has standing to complain?

Just "framing" the question for better discussion.

Last edited by night_owl; 04/08/24.

abusus non tollit usum

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,839
Posts18,478,119
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.