Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hardway
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
None, unless I'm shooting heroine he wasn't really very talented....unless playing a guitar backwards is considered a skill.
I don't remember any specific album or "song" titles because the only things a bit interesting were the unmusical electronic/audio gimmicks and oddball effects. The only interesting thing in memory was when he plucked strings with his teeth.

Musically, none of his stuff carries much weight or importance. A passing fadster.

Lol…. I was waiting for this post 😂
If you already knew the actualities about his stuff, why did you have to wait?

Because you’re an old fuddy duddy who can’t resist complaining about any music that Higgenz posts…. It’s funny.
Actually, this reveals that you know next to nothing about what you just stated - previous postings (or absence thereof) about such music show that you are dead wrong about my basis. Your post above displays ignorance stated as a personal bias - and it illuminates the very essence of the comments about differences in taste. Thanks for the living example.

I bet you’re a real blast at a party 🥴
Good bet - you'd win.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Villanova Junction from Woodstock.

This is the instrumental he riffed in to from the Star Spangled Banner.

Hauntingly beautiful, slow jam with no gimmicks just great guitar playing.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by BlackHunter

Should listen to Steve Vai's Tender Surrender, he based it off Villanova Junction

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
And seeing as how we live here

First LP Iever bought, Geno.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Love SRV's El Macombo version.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

First LP Iever bought, Geno.

1968, parochial school dance, one of my good friend brought that album in. One of the guys that was in the crowd, along with me, that was always on the nuns' scheidt list. When I first saw that cover I said to him, "what kind of negro ( maybe a different word at that time) music are you bringing in here". He said wait until you listen to it.

Might have been the first, or maybe the second album I ever bought. Creedence may have been the first, that was a long long time ago and many brain cells have perished since that time.

Last edited by Valsdad; 04/09/24.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Band of Gypsys

Hendrix and Buddy Miles

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
People who listen to music - any kind of music - will develop their own likes or dislikes mostly according to their own personal tastes. That is normality, and personal reasoning may range from simply "I just like it (or don't)" all the way over to deep and maybe sophisticated analysis based on some knowledge and skills. Consequently, the personal likes/dislikes can differ widely - as with food, hobbies, entertainment, friends, etc.. Such differences are revealed in this thread.

Some folks here will take the opportunity to disparage, deride and even attack the tastes and comments of another person simply because of differences in their "likes" or "dislikes", but seem to avoid the related questions about their reasoning.

Such derogatory comments/behaviors have little or nothing to do with the qualities of the music itself. But, they seem to show a lot with regard to personal insecurities and maybe smallness of character.

What?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Electric Ladyland

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, a lot of my brain cells got left on the floor back then, too. I think maybe, Credence Clearwater, Iron Butterfly, Black Sabbath and Jethro Tull were among those other first five. Totally sure I was driving my parents nuts.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
None for me

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
People who listen to music - any kind of music - will develop their own likes or dislikes mostly according to their own personal tastes. That is normality, and personal reasoning may range from simply "I just like it (or don't)" all the way over to deep and maybe sophisticated analysis based on some knowledge and skills. Consequently, the personal likes/dislikes can differ widely - as with food, hobbies, entertainment, friends, etc.. Such differences are revealed in this thread.

Some folks here will take the opportunity to disparage, deride and even attack the tastes and comments of another person simply because of differences in their "likes" or "dislikes", but seem to avoid the related questions about their reasoning.

Such derogatory comments/behaviors have little or nothing to do with the qualities of the music itself. But, they seem to show a lot with regard to personal insecurities and maybe smallness of character.

What?
The fact that a person likes some performer is good. Others may not like as much, or not at all. Normal.

Some critique a performer and explain what/why they like. Others critique less favorably and explain why. Normal.

Some who like a certain performer react emotionally/childishly/nastily to another person's critique of that performer.
Instead of grasping reality and behaving as an adult, they attack/deride/get vulgar toward the person who says something they don't want to hear. Abnormal - sign of an immature and insecure person.

See the posts.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by BlackHunter

Should listen to Steve Vai's Tender Surrender, he based it off Villanova Junction

Thank you killerv - great recommendation.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

What?
The fact that a person likes some performer is good. Others may not like as much, or not at all. Normal.

Some critique a performer and explain what/why they like. Others critique less favorably and explain why. Normal.

Some who like a certain performer react emotionally/childishly/nastily to another person's critique of that performer.
Instead of grasping reality and behaving as an adult, they attack/deride/get vulgar toward the person who says something they don't want to hear. Abnormal - sign of an immature and insecure person.

See the posts.

Okay thanks for clarifying. I see what you are talking about all the time on guitar forums.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

What?

See the posts.

GFY, you old turd.

Clear enough?

Lol.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
What I find rather interesting, at least to me, is that Jimi Hendrix claimed that Terry Kath and Chicago were better performers than he. I liked both very much. Yes, different styles, but why cannot one enjoy different styles? I like semi-auto pistols and revolvers, bolt action and semi-auto rifles, etc. Why not various styles of music?

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Henryseale
What I find rather interesting, at least to me, is that Jimi Hendrix claimed that Terry Kath and Chicago were better performers than he. I liked both very much. Yes, different styles, but why cannot one enjoy different styles? I like semi-auto pistols and revolvers, bolt action and semi-auto rifles, etc. Why not various styles of music?

Terry Kath was a hell of a player, gets very little recognition for his work.....died to early also.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt

What?

See the posts.
GFY, you old turd. Clear enough? Lol.
Well BH and any others, if you wish further understanding, this guy jumped up and provided an excellent example:

"Some who like a certain performer react emotionally/childishly/nastily to another person's critique of that performer.
Instead of grasping reality and behaving as an adult, they attack/deride/get vulgar toward the person who says something they don't want to hear. Abnormal - sign of an immature and insecure person."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by longarm

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Ha,

I'm not going to dig through my box(es) of vinyl to look for mine wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,395 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,505
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.