-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some people would rather starve than use a leg hold.

Politics is War by Other Means

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I don’t understand the idea of parading around a 1/2 dead dog. If your going to kill it, just kill it and then do as you will.

I wouldn’t ruin a guys life over it though.

$250 fine sounds about right. Hope he learned about putting schit like that on social media.
Mooner, I don't often disagree with your thinking, this time I do.

first, I couldn't read the story as it required removing ad blocker, and when I tried it seemed like too much hassle.

second, if as described, the dude ran down a wolf (or any animal) to the point of exhaustion, taped its mouth closed, and paraded it around a bar for "fun", I'm thinking a fine of only $250 is rather light. A severe beating about the head and shoulders with a broom handle, perhaps for a half hour or so, and then a much larger fine along with a few weeks of community service at the local dog pound cleaning kennels would seem more appropriate.

If one of our dogs gets out and is an issue with someone's critters or is running game, shoot the darn thing.

someone tortures it like described for that wolf and they probably should hope the authorities get ahold of them before I do.

If it's a predator bothering something, kill the dang thing as I've had to do here. I don't agree with animal cruelty in any way, shape, or form, be it neglect of a horse in a pasture, or torturing a wolf.

On a happier note, I saw the first swallow here yesterday which makes me wonder whether you're enjoying spring back there compared to where you moved from. Hope all is well.

Last edited by Valsdad; 04/09/24.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Just as I thought, the mans life is totally fugged and by his own stupidity.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D$ckweed is still front and center on Drudge today….

ID’d before the world as a “Wyoming Hunter” 😡

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I have to eliminate predators sometimes, living on a cattle farm as I do, but I don't take joy in it. I also hunt. But torturing an animal, any animal, for doing what it's born to do is wrong. That wolf has the same look as a beat-down abused dog, and I've seen it too many times. It's a damn shame the way he treated that wolf and I hope he's tortured in hell continuously by wolves with red hot fangs.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Wood Troll
I have to eliminate predators sometimes, living on a cattle farms as I do, but I don't take joy in it. I also hunt. But torturing an animal, any animal, for doing what it's born to do is wrong. That wolf has the same look as a beat-down abused dog, and I've seen it too many times. It's a damn shame the way he treated that wolf and I hope he's tortured in hell continuously by wolves with red hot fangs.

That about sums it up...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I have a special loathing for anyone that tortures animals. 22 into the brain of the wolf and be done with it. POS mother f u c k e r.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by frogman43
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by frogman43
Originally Posted by cv540
I am no expert on Wyoming laws but this would seem to apply.

(ii) Knowingly, and with intent to cause death or undue suffering, beats with cruelty, tortures, torments or mutilates an animal. (b) Felony cruelty to animals is a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than two (2) years, a fine of not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.

Well you ARE correct about one thing, you're no expert on Wyoming law. The law you're quoting only applies to domesticated animals, aka "Pets" and does not apply in this case as Wolves are listed as Predators/Varmints. The wolf was captured in the "Predator" zone so there are no license violations, or such. The WG&F issued a citation for the only statute that they could against him, possession of a live wild animal.

Bad move on this guy's part, absolutely. I'm sure he will pay dearly for his lapse in judgment.

I recall a photograph that ran in a national publication many years ago of a man holding a live Coyote (with it's mouth tied shut) across his lap while setting on the stoop of a cabin in the West. He had taken it from a leghold trap on his trapline and brought it back alive. It was a much celebrated photograph.

The law doesn’t specify domesticated animals. An animal in captivity (either a zoo or captured wildlife) will quite often be considered under animal cruelty laws. Look at the Wyoming law. It clearly differentiates between animals, household pets and livestock. So you can’t say wildlife isn’t protected.

§ 6-3-1002. Cruelty to animals

(a) A person commits cruelty to animals if the person:

(i) Knowingly overrides an animal or drives an animal when overloaded;

(ii) Intentionally or knowingly, unnecessarily injures or beats an animal;

(iii) Knowingly carries an animal in a manner that poses undue risk of injury or death;

(iv) Has the charge and custody of any animal and under circumstances which manifest extreme indifference to the animal's safety, health or life:

(A) Fails to provide it with proper food, drink or protection from the weather adequate for the species;

(B) Abandons the animal. Relinquishment of an animal to a public or private animal shelter or like facility is not a violation of this subparagraph;

(C) In the case of immediate, obvious, serious illness or injury to the animal, fails to provide the animal with appropriate care; or

(D) Keeps any household pet in a manner that results in chronic or repeated serious physical harm to the household pet.

(v) Owns, possesses, keeps or trains fowls or dogs with the intent to allow the dog or fowl to engage in an exhibition of fighting with another dog or fowl;

(vi) For gain causes or allows any dog to fight with another dog or any fowl to fight with another fowl;

(vii) Promotes any dog or fowl fighting;

(viii) Knowingly permits any act prohibited under paragraphs (v) through (vii) of this subsection on any premises under the person's charge or control; or

(ix) Shoots, poisons or otherwise intentionally acts to seriously injure or destroy any livestock or domesticated animal owned by another person while the animal is on property where the animal is authorized to be present.

So this has been bouncing around for many days here in the state on various news media fronts. It's been cited many times in legitimate news sources, that the law does NOT apply to wild Predator varmints.

Can you cite the actual section of law that says it does not apply? A court precedent? Anything?

From the linked article:

“Sublette County Attorney Clayton Melinkovich isn’t so sure Game and Fish is right.

“These [animal cruelty] statutes are very unclear all the way across,” he told WyoFile on Monday. “It does appear that they may apply.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
So the guy glided over the snow with a snowmobile and ran the wolf to exhaustion. The gave it a long torturous death. Kind of like what wolves do to elk and deer all winter. Shouldn’t have taken pictures. Documentation replaces speculation. Zero F’s given for the wolf but the pictures were plain stupid.

Concur. Not a great idea dragging it around, taking pictures etc, and I wouldn't have done that myself, to be sure, but for crying out loud, getting your panties in a wad to the point of calling for jailing or hanging the guy? WTF, are they putting high doses of estrogen in the water? Pretty over the top emotional responses IMO.

OTOH, I've had the 'privilege' to listening for hours one night to a moose bawling while being eaten alive by a wolf, right across the river from my house. Tracking wolf kills and seeing the pieces ripped off the moose in the process, a bit of hindquarter and liver eaten after it finally collapses, and off to the next one...maybe I'm just a little biased

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1...

IC B3

C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
$250 fine would be ok for taking game out of season.

This rises above that by several notches. Jail time would be appropriate in my mind, and hope he gets it.

Also better be watching over his shoulder the rest of his life because his name, address, address of his company is sure out there.

Wonder if he thinks the pic snapped is still cute?

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
We make laws for people, not animals. We also make laws for people who behave like animals.

And, if that wolf was instead called a husky, or a corgi, you all would be baying for blood.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've killed multiples of so many.
Wolves, Grizzly Bears, Mountain Lions, etc..etc.etc.
I've trapped them, and shot them.
I never wanted any of them to suffer unnecessarily.
Heartlessness isn't an admirable quality in a human being.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Thegman
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
So the guy glided over the snow with a snowmobile and ran the wolf to exhaustion. The gave it a long torturous death. Kind of like what wolves do to elk and deer all winter. Shouldn’t have taken pictures. Documentation replaces speculation. Zero F’s given for the wolf but the pictures were plain stupid.

Concur. Not a great idea dragging it around, taking pictures etc, and I wouldn't have done that myself, to be sure, but for crying out loud, getting your panties in a wad to the point of calling for jailing or hanging the guy? WTF, are they putting high doses of estrogen in the water? Pretty over the top emotional responses IMO.

OTOH, I've had the 'privilege' to listening for hours one night to a moose bawling while being eaten alive by a wolf, right across the river from my house. Tracking wolf kills and seeing the pieces ripped off the moose in the process, a bit of hindquarter and liver eaten after it finally collapses, and off to the next one...maybe I'm just a little biased

Maybe you just forgot that Mother Nature is one nasty, mean and cruel Bitch.

Swifty
U
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
U
It's nothing compared to what humans do to each other. Not for anything like what he did or what wolves do.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I don’t understand the idea of parading around a 1/2 dead dog. If your going to kill it, just kill it and then do as you will.

$250 fine sounds about right. Hope he learned about putting schit like that on social media.

first, I couldn't read the story as it required removing ad blocker, and when I tried it seemed like too much hassle.

second, if as described, the dude ran down a wolf (or any animal) to the point of exhaustion, taped its mouth closed, and paraded it around a bar for "fun", I'm thinking a fine of only $250 is rather light. A severe beating about the head and shoulders with a broom handle, perhaps for a half hour or so, and then a much larger fine along with a few weeks of community service at the local dog pound cleaning kennels would seem more appropriate.

If one of our dogs gets out and is an issue with someone's critters or is running game, shoot the darn thing.

someone tortures it like described for that wolf and they probably should hope the authorities get ahold of them before I do.

If it's a predator bothering something, kill the dang thing as I've had to do here. I don't agree with animal cruelty in any way, shape, or form, be it neglect of a horse in a pasture, or torturing a wolf.

On a happier note, I saw the first swallow here yesterday which makes me wonder whether you're enjoying spring back there compared to where you moved from. Hope all is well.

Equating pet dogs to wolves is what got them reintroduced and protected for so long.

Check emotions at the door when it comes to wildlife management.

Disney movies weren't documentaries.

MAGA
C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Equating pet dogs to wolves is what got them reintroduced and protected for so long.

Totally agree about WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT. This wasnt it.

This was a twisted man who inflicted suffering and prolonged the death of an animal for his jollies.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Totally agree about WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT. This wasnt it.

This was a twisted man who inflicted suffering and prolonged the death of an animal for his jollies.

Ever eaten lobster?

MAGA
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"There’s a reason the FBI keeps track of cases of cruelty to animals: It’s often a precursor to escalated levels of violence, most famously illustrated by serial killers and mass shooters such as Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, and Nikolas Cruz, who abused animals before attacking humans.

Studies have shown that animal abuse is a better predictor of sexual assault than previous convictions for homicide, arson, or weapons offenses: Psychology Today reported that 70% of criminals who were most violent to humans in one prison also had a history of animal abuse, and other studies have found that 43% of school shooters have a history of abusing animals. Animal abuse is also one of the most significant factors in someone’s becoming a domestic abuser."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lots of people get worked up over a dead wolf who dont give a flying fûck about human children being aborted and how that process happens.

MAGA
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 34 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,438
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.