Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Lots of people get worked up over a dead wolf who dont give a flying fûck about human children being aborted and how that process happens.
You’ve got a point there👍

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm against murdering unborn children. I think intentional torture of animals is sick and twisted. I must be a domestic terrorist.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
First off, I would not have done what this guy did. I would have shot it immediately upon capture.

But in reality, people have been paid to capture and transport live wild animals for a couple hundred years. The zoos used to be full of them. Maybe there are some still in zoos, I don't know.

I really enjoyed John Wayne's "Hatari". And Clark Gable's "Misfits"

It appears to be okay if it is .gov who does the capturing and transporting of live wild animals. How did those damned wolves get here from Alaska in the first place? Not to mention the Elk, Sheep, Goats, Deer, and Bear which get relocated on a regular basis.

I have known folks who have collected coyotes under the skies of their snowmobiles for forty years. Dogs do not run very fast in three or four feet of snow. The sled will do 90 mph plus. The dog does not run far enough, as a rule, to get tired.

Looking at the photos shown here, I do not see any signs of abuse. If a leg was broken at capture, I do not see it. But if it was the dog should have been put down immediately.

Yes, a $250 fine for being a dumb ass, and behaving in a socially unacceptable manner, in today's liberal environment seems about appropriate.

IF you have ever captured a wolf, and taped its mouth shut, then hauled it down to your local tavern to show off to your buddies........ You Might Be a Redneck!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
There’s a vet drug called Ketamine that is now a favourite of druggies (it’s a chemical sister of Angel Dust). However, it was and still is used for tranquilizing animals. Like most abused drugs, it’s a disassociative, “out of body”.

However, when it was first developed it was used by itself. They soon discovered that rather than sedating animals or creating disassociation, it basically paralyzed them and they remained aware of everything that was happening to them. Instead of dying of the drug, they’d die from shock because their natural inclination is to flee or fight captivity and they couldn’t do either. They figured out that instead of being gentle in capture, they were being cruel as he!!. So it’s no longer used by itself, but used with a sedative.

Whether you like wolves or not (and face it, they’re just doing what comes naturally, there’s nothing evil about them), only an idiot would get his jollies by parading a fully conscious and terrified animal the way this idiot did.

AFA transporting wildlife, yeah, there’s been a lot of it, but the vast majority done with sedatives (really think you can keep an elephant confined in a wooden crate?). Things have gotten better in a lot of ways over the years. Absolutely no reason to equate what happened then to what this azzwhole did.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Looking at the photos shown here, I do not see any signs of abuse. If a leg was broken at capture, I do not see it. But if it was the dog should have been put down immediately.

Yes, a $250 fine for being a dumb ass, and behaving in a socially unacceptable manner, in today's liberal environment seems about appropriate.

IF you have ever captured a wolf, and taped its mouth shut, then hauled it down to your local tavern to show off to your buddies........ You Might Be a Redneck!
+1...

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I don’t understand the idea of parading around a 1/2 dead dog. If your going to kill it, just kill it and then do as you will.

I wouldn’t ruin a guys life over it though.

$250 fine sounds about right. Hope he learned about putting schit like that on social media.
Mooner, I don't often disagree with your thinking, this time I do.

first, I couldn't read the story as it required removing ad blocker, and when I tried it seemed like too much hassle.

second, if as described, the dude ran down a wolf (or any animal) to the point of exhaustion, taped its mouth closed, and paraded it around a bar for "fun", I'm thinking a fine of only $250 is rather light. A severe beating about the head and shoulders with a broom handle, perhaps for a half hour or so, and then a much larger fine along with a few weeks of community service at the local dog pound cleaning kennels would seem more appropriate.

If one of our dogs gets out and is an issue with someone's critters or is running game, shoot the darn thing.

someone tortures it like described for that wolf and they probably should hope the authorities get ahold of them before I do.

If it's a predator bothering something, kill the dang thing as I've had to do here. I don't agree with animal cruelty in any way, shape, or form, be it neglect of a horse in a pasture, or torturing a wolf.

On a happier note, I saw the first swallow here yesterday which makes me wonder whether you're enjoying spring back there compared to where you moved from. Hope all is well.

Equating pet dogs to wolves is what got them reintroduced and protected for so long.

Check emotions at the door when it comes to wildlife management.

Disney movies weren't documentaries.

Gruff,

what that fellow did has nothing to do with "wildlife management".

As I stated
If it's a predator bothering something, kill the dang thing as I've had to do here. I don't agree with animal cruelty in any way, shape, or form, be it neglect of a horse in a pasture, or torturing a wolf.

I'll stand by that.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I wonder if the guy has a "go-fundme" set up to help with the fine? Asking for a friend.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,097
Posts18,483,038
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.