Architecture changed because of a ‘fairy tale’
Art changed because of a ‘fairy tale’
Jewelry changed because of a 'fairy tale'
Music has been impacted more by a ‘fairy tale’ than perhaps any other thing
Wars have been waged over a ‘fairy tale’
Countries have been established because of a ‘fairy tale’
How many children were given names out of a ‘fairy tale’
The Best Selling book for decades is based on a ‘fairy tale’

The Bible points out that most times majorities are just wrong, occasionally they get it right though!

YMMV

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do any of y'all watch a show called Ancient Aliens? Lots of stuff shown on there from ancient days here on earth. The Sumerians made tablets telling of space ships and wars between aliens. Even the bible tells of space ships in a couple of places. Noah's grandfather, or maybe Great grand father was taken to space, where He told of the looking back at the earth, as a blue orb. HIs name was Enoch. His book never made it to the main bible. In the middle east there are old palaces dug up with lots of carvings of animials that were supposedly never in that part of the world. If people were coming from space, back then, it is possible that they could have had ways to take genetic materal from animals and then remake them. Before all of you Christians jump on me, According to the bible, God was from somewhere else, ie. outer space. There is lots of stuff that we do not know, nor understand. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lol...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Armednfree
There was a story from Babilonia that had a man build a raft for a flood in which he put his family and their animals. I've heard it said that this story goes back to when the Mediteranian first broke through to the Black Sea which at that time was a lake.

People seem to have a problem with the thought that the Bible contains some allegory. I have no problem with that and do not think it would in any way make the Bible false. Allegory is used in religious teachings all the time. Jesus himself use a great deal of allegory.

The Epic of Gilgamesh is a Sumerian Flood Story, and no, it doesn't not go back to when the Med broke through to the Black Sea, it's about a flood on the Euphrates River.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
What did they feed the lions?
How did they breathe that high in the atmosphere?
How did they fit all of the animals in the boat, given the dimensions show that they couldn't fit?
2 elephants would need 365,000 lbs of food to survive 40 days.
Where did the water go?
How did animals end up on different continents?

I will address only the most foolish. The ark was at sea level.

Sea level eh... great answer.....but wait just a minute.

At what elevation might sea level be if the earth was flooded and covered with water?

Did mt Everest shrink from being so wet?
Or sprout up after the flood?

Where did all the water come from?

Where did it go?

Did god make more water for this one event and then take it back to Walmart when he was done with it?

You seriously need to give sea level some thought, my .com friend!

As to the water: Most geologists know if the earth was smoothed out like a basket ball the water would be about two miles deep. God's Word tells us He pushed down the low places (deep canyons in the ocean) and raised up the high places (continents).

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
Do any of y'all watch a show called Ancient Aliens? Lots of stuff shown on there from ancient days here on earth. The Sumerians made tablets telling of space ships and wars between aliens. Even the bible tells of space ships in a couple of places. Noah's grandfather, or maybe Great grand father was taken to space, where He told of the looking back at the earth, as a blue orb. HIs name was Enoch. His book never made it to the main bible. In the middle east there are old palaces dug up with lots of carvings of animials that were supposedly never in that part of the world. If people were coming from space, back then, it is possible that they could have had ways to take genetic materal from animals and then remake them. Before all of you Christians jump on me, According to the bible, God was from somewhere else, ie. outer space. There is lots of stuff that we do not know, nor understand. miles

You say "God was from somewhere else". You are correct. The Christian God is from eternity to eternity. He claims to span the stars with His hand. You believe in space aliens. From where did they come? Eventually you get to the Great Uncaused Cause.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You say "God was from somewhere else". You are correct. The Christian God is from eternity to eternity. He claims to span the stars with His hand. You believe in space aliens. From where did they come? Eventually you get to the Great Uncaused Cause.

The whole point that I was trying to make is that there is a lot of stuff from long ago that we do not know about, nor do we understand a lot of what we know. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Hebrews 13:7

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
How did they fit all of the animals in the boat, given the dimensions show that they couldn't fit?
Where did the water go?

At what elevation might sea level be if the earth was flooded and covered with water?

Where did it go?

Did god make more water for this one event and then take it back to Walmart when he was done with it?

As to the water: Most geologists know if the earth was smoothed out like a basket ball the water would be about two miles deep. God's Word tells us He pushed down the low places (deep canyons in the ocean) and raised up the high places (continents).

It never happened. Not in the given historical timeframe, not ever. It's a morality tale.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The whole point that I was trying to make is that there is a lot of stuff from long ago that we do not know about, nor do we understand a lot of what we know. miles

Here's what we know. All over the world there are layers of water born sediments containing fossils. We know that fossils and oil and diamonds still have carbon 14 in them. The half-life of carbon 14 is about 5,000 years. That means the carbon 14 would be completely decade into nitrogen in a few thousand years. Just last week I heard a scientists who didn't believe that. So, he started with the idea the entire earth being carbon 14 and did his own calculations. He was amazed at the FACT.

What we do know is in order to produce a fossil the creature has to be buried quickly and away from scavengers. I read about a whale that died in about 100 feet of water. Scientists were delighted they would get to see it slowly covered by sediment. What they saw was in about ten years it was completely eaten by scavengers; even the bones. Notice no one points to buffalo bones becoming fossilized.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Here's what we know. All over the world there are layers of water born sediments containing fossils. We know that fossils and oil and diamonds still have carbon 14 in them. The half-life of carbon 14 is about 5,000 years. That means the carbon 14 would be completely decade into nitrogen in a few thousand years. Just last week I heard a scientists who didn't believe that. So, he started with the idea the entire earth being carbon 14 and did his own calculations. He was amazed at the FACT.

What we do know is in order to produce a fossil the creature has to be buried quickly and away from scavengers. I read about a whale that died in about 100 feet of water. Scientists were delighted they would get to see it slowly covered by sediment. What they saw was in about ten years it was completely eaten by scavengers; even the bones. Notice no one points to buffalo bones becoming fossilized.

buffalo bone fossils for sale

I'd love to see where you read it took ocean critters 10 years to break down a whale carcass.

Last edited by Jcubed; 04/11/24.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Where did the water go?

Where did it go?

You got some things right my Christian friend.

The earth likely was covered with water, only thing is, it was 4 billion years ago, way, way, biggely way before noah was on this planet.

I also find it interesting that you accept and cite geology on one hand, and yet promote a fable on the other. I will study sea level, you can work on logic and deductive reasoning.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

WOW, just that, nothing more.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We know that fossils and oil and diamonds still have carbon 14 in them. The half-life of carbon 14 is about 5,000 years. That means the carbon 14 would be completely decade into nitrogen in a few thousand years.
Nitrogen present in diamonds and oil can be converted to C14 by particles emitted by radioactive elements in the Earth's crust. C14 decays into C12 not nitrogen.

Just last week I heard a scientists who didn't believe that. So, he started with the idea the entire earth being carbon 14 and did his own calculations. He was amazed at the FACT.
Citation needed. Who is this scientist, what are his qualifications and what did he not believe? If the entire earth was C14 it would likely be a ball of plasma from the heat produced by the radioactive decay. He was amazed at what fact? This is incoherent.

By the way, as I have pointed out to you in the past, after the great slaughter of the American bison some people made a living by gathering the bones to be ground into fertilizer. As you pointed out yourself; rapid burial is needed to produce fossils. Nothing in your post has anything to do with Noah.

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,352 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,815
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.