Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I, I am.

Dudeism. Got the certificate and the whole 9 yards.

I can officiate weddings, funerals, and bowling tournaments.

You?

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Universal something or other. For $7.99 or whatever it was, they sent me a little certificate as an ordained minister. Minister of what? I’ve no idea.

So I got that going for me.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife's mom did the internet thing so she could officiate some relatives wedding.

A few vodka tonics later it was one hell of a performance

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Universal something or other. For $7.99 or whatever it was, they sent me a little certificate as an ordained minister. Minister of what? I’ve no idea.

You got ripped. Mine was free, but for about 25 bucks I coulda got some swag along with the certificate.

Coffey cup, golf tees, and such.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
No

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N9.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am. I had been in a church for a little more than a year. I went every service and was doing all I could to be what I thought God wanted me to be. I was already visiting nursing homes and hospitals, just talking with folks and being nice to them in a bad time, not preachy, as in repent before you burn stuff. I had been invited to go with a pastor in my hometown to the local jail. We basically just read some scriptures with the guys who wanted to listen and let them ask questions about anything they wanted. Just talking with them mostly and trying to help in any way.

Then the associate pastor at my church in another town, stopped being able to do jail ministry. They knew I had been visiting in my hometown jail, so they asked me if I wanted to minister at the larger town's jail. At this larger jail, you had to be licensed to get in to minister. At my hometown jail, we had just spoken to everyone from the hall with them behind bars. At the big town jail, they put you in the big room with maybe 100 prisoners. My church licensed me, and I did that jail ministry along with nursing home visits for many years.

I've preached in several churches many times, but I've never been a pastor. I've put on a free hometown show with live music and me preaching before, in a parking lot behind McDonalds. We set up on a flatbed trailer for a stage. I've baptized folks, prayed with them for healing and to be saved. I've seen all kinds of really weird stuff and some of it unexplainable by anything except God. I've seen the best and the worst the ministry has to offer, and people at their best and worst. I've been given money and things many times, but I've never tried to get or take anything from anyone. I've always tried to be a giver and not a taker.

I don't even know if my ministry license is valid anymore. My paperwork was supposed to have been sent to the state so I could perform marriages if I wanted and to satisfy legal requirements for prison ministry. The ministry who licensed me no longer exists. I never put any importance on the license anyway except its legal requirements.

Last edited by RHClark; 04/10/24.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
I, I am.

Dudeism. Got the certificate and the whole 9 yards.

I can officiate weddings, funerals, and bowling tournaments.

You?

That's just like, your opinion, man...

Last edited by mjbgalt; 04/10/24.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I know a number of soul brothers who claim to be.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
For only 150 bucks more, you coulda be Pope.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I am, of The Universal Life Church, since 1969. My Certificate is signed by Kirby J, Hensley, hisself. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Universal Life Church here. I did a wedding for a couple of friends

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RHClark
I am. I had been in a church for a little more than a year. I went every service and was doing all I could to be what I thought God wanted me to be. I was already visiting nursing homes and hospitals, just talking with folks and being nice to them in a bad time, not preachy, as in repent before you burn stuff. I had been invited to go with a pastor in my hometown to the local jail. We basically just read some scriptures with the guys who wanted to listen and let them ask questions about anything they wanted. Just talking with them mostly and trying to help in any way.

Then the associate pastor at my church in another town, stopped being able to do jail ministry. They knew I had been visiting in my hometown jail, so they asked me if I wanted to minister at the larger town's jail. At this larger jail, you had to be licensed to get in to minister. At my hometown jail, we had just spoken to everyone from the hall with them behind bars. At the big town jail, they put you in the big room with maybe 100 prisoners. My church licensed me, and I did that jail ministry along with nursing home visits for many years.

I've preached in several churches many times, but I've never been a pastor. I've put on a free hometown show with live music and me preaching before, in a parking lot behind McDonalds. We set up on a flatbed trailer for a stage. I've baptized folks, prayed with them for healing and to be saved. I've seen all kinds of really weird stuff and some of it unexplainable by anything except God. I've seen the best and the worst the ministry has to offer, and people at their best and worst. I've been given money and things many times, but I've never tried to get or take anything from anyone. I've always tried to be a giver and not a taker.

I don't even know if my ministry license is valid anymore. My paperwork was supposed to have been sent to the state so I could perform marriages if I wanted and to satisfy legal requirements for prison ministry. The ministry who licensed me no longer exists. I never put any importance on the license anyway except its legal requirements.

You can be a smartass and quite hyper defensive on here. With estrogen-like tendencies.

No what I expected from someone who claims your credentials.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

You got ripped. Mine was free, but for about 25 bucks I coulda got some swag along with the certificate.

Tide Change,
You should have went all in $40- coughee cup, golf tees, --->> blue vest, picture of yourself on a badge.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Dayum! I coulda had a badge?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yep

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Someone on the local Faceplant posted wondering if there was anyone in town who was ordained and could officiate at a wedding. After reading the responses, I came to the realization that The Wife and I are probably the only people in town who are not ordained. (Most probably out of a car wash in Bakersfield.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Leave it up to a church to rip me off…

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Our consecrated post count king claims to be a Deacon if that counts ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Our consecrated post count king claims to be a Deacon if that counts ?

He ain’t been here for months.

Put some salve on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (17CalFan, 280shooter, 257_X_50, 260Remguy, 14idaho, 2500HD, 33 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,993
Posts18,481,117
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.