-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 25 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 24 25
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Christianity is an informed and evidence based faith. What folks oughta do…those who are so inclined…is to look at all of the evidence itself. And see which way the evidence points you. And then make your decision.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
Christianity is an informed and evidence based faith.

No, it's not. If you had good evidence, you would have presented it by now.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/11/24.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RHOD
Originally Posted by JoeBob
This little guy right here is a pretty good argument against Darwinian evolution.

[Linked Image from evolutionisamyth.com]

Not really sure how that is an argument against evolutions. But I am a bit amused that when you look at a beetle that shoots hot acid out its butt you think it's evidence for the Christian God.

So you’re amused when you stupidly create a straw man and then think you’re smart by refuting something I didn’t say?

So what then was your point?

English much? My point was that the existence of the bombardier beetle is a pretty good argument against Darwinian evolution.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Self professed Christians with their warped interpretations of Jesus' simple teachings and their reliance on the codicils authored by the 13th self appointed apostle do more than anyone or anything else to reassure atheists and agnostics the validity of their doubts of a God or supernatural creator.

The disagreements over the road to salvation among the hundreds of Christian sects and the disowning of the Jewish covenant despite the miraculous return of Israel as a nation takes away all credibility of these folks.

I guess Antlers has me pegged correctly as a Judaizer. Jesus was one also.

''I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Self professed Christians with their warped interpretations of Jesus' simple teachings and their reliance on the codicils authored by the 13th self appointed apostle do more than anyone or anything else to reassure atheists and agnostics the validity of their doubts of a God or supernatural creator.
Pretend (fake) Jews shouldn’t throw stones from the glass house they’re in. The atheists don’t want there to be a God. Period. It has zero to do with Jesus’ hand-picked apostle Paul. Your psychobabble Hebrew Roots movement theology is nuttier than a squirrel turd, and that’s clearly recognized by the one’s you denigrate as “self-professed” Christian’s.
The disagreements over the road to salvation among the hundreds of Christian sects and the disowning of the Jewish covenant despite the miraculous return of Israel as a nation takes away all credibility of these folks.
ALL “Christian” denominations are in agreement that salvation comes by God’ grace alone, through faith in Jesus alone ~ putting one’s trust and confidence in Jesus alone. Not cherry-pickin’ a tiny fragment of rules from the Mosaic Law to abide by and callin’ it good. The Abrahamic Covenant is still in effect. But the old covenant (the Mosaic Law) isn’t ~ just as Jesus Himself made crystal clear.
I guess Antlers has me pegged correctly as a Judaizer.
Yep.
Jesus was one also.
Nope. Not even a little bit. He introduced His New Covenant; the one prophesied about by Jeremiah. New wine in old wineskins doesn’t work, neither does a new patch on old cloth ~ just as Jesus taught.
Talk about “warped interpretations”…!

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Pretend (fake) Jews shouldn’t throw stones from the glass house they’re in. The atheists don’t want there to be a God. Period. It has zero to do with Jesus’ hand-picked apostle Paul. Your psychobabble Hebrew Roots movement theology is nuttier than a squirrel turd, and that’s clearly recognized by the one’s you denigrate as “self-professed” Christian’s.
ALL “Christian” denominations are in agreement that salvation comes by God’ grace alone, through faith in Jesus alone ~ putting one’s trust and confidence in Jesus alone. Not cherry-pickin’ a tiny fragment of rules from the Mosaic Law to abide by and callin’ it good. The Abrahamic Covenant is still in effect. But the old covenant (the Mosaic Law) isn’t ~ just as Jesus Himself made crystal clear.
Yep.
Jesus was one also.
Nope. Not even a little bit. He introduced His New Covenant; the one prophesied about by Jeremiah. New wine in old wineskins doesn’t work, neither does a new patch on old cloth ~ just as Jesus taught.

No, Hastings is not crazy. The points he brings up are areas of real debate:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yep.
Jesus was one also.
I thought you were ignoring me, but in any case I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

There are plenty of us Jesus following Christians that don't begin to believe Jesus selected Paul. There are thoughtful discussions on sites addressing this very subject. Count me very suspicious.

Did Jesus say "Oh wait it's been 4 years I forgot to say some things, I'll send a Roman/Sanhedrin enforcer and murderer to deliver the message''?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
This little guy right here is a pretty good argument against Darwinian evolution.

Not really sure how that is an argument against evolutions. But I am a bit amused that when you look at a beetle that shoots hot acid out its butt you think it's evidence for the Christian God.

So you’re amused when you stupidly create a straw man and then think you’re smart by refuting something I didn’t say?

English much? My point was that the existence of the bombardier beetle is a pretty good argument against Darwinian evolution.

Okay, you don’t know what straw man is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did Jesus say "Oh wait it's been 4 years I forgot to say some things, I'll send a Roman/Sanhedrin enforcer and murderer to deliver the message''?
No, but Jesus clearly did say, “This man (Paul) is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.”

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Okay, you don’t know what straw man is.

Yes, I do. It’s the argument that I never made that you made up and then refuted.

You should stop. My IQ is at least two standards of deviation higher than yours.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/11/24.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ANTLERS - " ... It has zero to do with Jesus’ hand-picked apostle Paul. ..."

Didn't Paul say that men should not touch women, no marriage, no kids, etc., which would infer that women should never touch men, because "the end is very near? Any day now." "The end is very near," has been being prophesized by verious religions for thousands of years. End tiimes, end times, end times ... any day now. Very soon. Better be ready !!!!

Paul's demand that men and women should never touch each other brings us to the Roman Catholic Church and celibate preists and nuns.

That's the mainstay of religions today, seems to me. End times, any day now. Be ready. Be afraid. It's coming .... soon.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But you’ve taken the quote that you posted completely out of the context in which it was said. It was claimed by another here…someone who clearly despises Paul because he, like Jesus, teaches contrary to this other person’s already established position and agenda…that Paul is the reason why atheists are atheists. I refuted that. Atheists are atheists because they don’t want there to be a God. Period. It has zero to do with Jesus’ hand-picked apostle Paul.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
But you’ve taken the quote that you posted completely out of the context in which it was said. It was claimed by another here…someone who clearly despises Paul because he, like Jesus, teaches contrary to this other person’s already established position and agenda…that Paul is the reason why atheists are atheists. I refuted that. Atheists are atheists because they don’t want there to be a God. Period. It has zero to do with Jesus’ hand-picked apostle Paul.

You are in no position to speak for all atheist.

Good thing you don't believe in maintaining The Law, especially that part about bearing false witness.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/11/24.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Atheists are only self proclaimed atheists ....,
because they hate that the Bible clearly states that sexual perversions are sin

the sins that self proclaimed atheists rebel against God for, are

Pedophilia
Homosexuality
Bisexuality
Crossdressing

Every single atheist considers those as "Love is Love" because they all engage in one or all of those perversions ...... and it enrages them with a demonic hatred of Christians because they know the word of God prohibits these sexual perversions

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Pedophilia
Homosexuality
Bisexuality
Crossdressing

Every single atheist considers those as "Love is Love" because they all engage in one or all of those perversions ...... and it enrages them with a demonic hatred of Christians because they know the word of God prohibits these sexual perversions

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No, but Jesus clearly did say, “This man (Paul) is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.”
Sure he did. Sent someone nobody would trust. They were onto him and “all of Asia’’ turned against him and the Jerusalem Church ran him off. He had to be rescued by the Army and put on a ship. Think about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Pedophilia
Homosexuality
Bisexuality
Crossdressing

Swamplord: That sounds crazy. Surely you are engaging in hyperbole?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Pedophilia
Homosexuality
Bisexuality
Crossdressing

Swamplord: That sounds crazy. Surely you are engaging in hyperbole?

He really is this unhinged.

His hate is so strong he's lost the ability to employ his reason. This makes people like him and GunChamp perfect targets for foreign influence campaigns such as those Russia's been running against the US since the beginning of Cold War. Of course Russia doesn't only target the right. He has counter parts on the Left equally susceptible to different kinds of propaganda operations, but they are typically yelling "Orange Man Bad".

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Perhaps someday you'll make a worthwhile contribution, but that day will not be today.

Page 14 of 25 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10gaugeman, 222ND, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 44 invisible), 2,059 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,928
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.