Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I am sick of HP printers, its a constant ink grift, The machine constantly has you push a button because it only has black ink left. Its like I need more reminding. If I click cancel print on the printer, I have to do it for every page and it keeps printing. thus using even more ink up for pages I didn't want printed. what do you guys do when your sick of HP printer BS

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Brother laser...period..got 4 of em
I dont use color, but they have em
Get 12000 pages per cartridge

Last edited by LeeC; 04/15/24.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Epson, Canon, Brother, Kodak...

or buy a laser printer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been happy with my Brother for years, but when my current ink cartridges go dry (soon now) I'm going to get an Epson Eco-Tank like my wife has.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been happy with my Brother for years, but when my current ink cartridges go dry (soon now) I'm going to get an Epson Eco-Tank like my wife has.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I recently switched to a Canon laser. B&W only, but fast, and no ink to dry out.

I am totally fed up with HP printers, for all the reasons mentioned, and more. Never again.

Last edited by denton; 04/15/24.

Be not weary in well doing.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
HP printers are amazing amazing how they can constantly say that they’re low on ink and you only print a couple pages.$100 a shot for cartridge’s and in couple weeks of very little printing be low again.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Just be sure to print test page once a weak to keep the heads clean.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If you can live without color get a cheap mono printer[Brother]

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just buy a new $50 printer every year.

Listen to what elon musk says about your kazy ass working from home

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brother Laser

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
My HP office jet 8610 has separate tanks for each color. I use inexpensive aftermarket inks from Amazon.

This pack is $25.
[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

You will have to search for your printer model.

The alternative from HP is $180 and it only has one black tank, which I use the most of.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Have a Brother Color that work gave me.
I hate the damn thing.
I have a brother laser under the desk that I’m about to hook back up.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
'
Unless you REALLY need color, get a Brother laser printer.
Your ink tank and printhead problems will be a thing of the past.

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-2280DW-Wireless-Monochrome-Multifunction/dp/B004QM8J8S

I like a flat bed scanner feature like the one above and check to see if generic toner cartridges are available before you buy.
Generic carts are about 1/3 the cost of genuine carts and work just as well in my experience.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Good I thought it was just me that hated hp. It’s literally cheaper to buy a new printer when it runs out of ink

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I am sick of HP printers, its a constant ink grift, The machine constantly has you push a button because it only has black ink left. Its like I need more reminding. If I click cancel print on the printer, I have to do it for every page and it keeps printing. thus using even more ink up for pages I didn't want printed. what do you guys do when your sick of HP printer BS

I just ordered but have not received three color cartridges for my HP printer. It like yours will only print in black and keeps giving me warnings of low ink levels. When I run a report it still has ink levels at around 15% for those color cartridges. I tried shaking them like we use to in the old days but now luck.

I purchased refilled cartridges at $90.00 ea. in lieu of paying $151.00 for new HP cartridges. I hope they work.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Irving_D
Good I thought it was just me that hated hp. It’s literally cheaper to buy a new printer when it runs out of ink
'
It's even smarter to not buy an HP inkjet in the first place.
The tricolor cart models are the worst for getting butt-reamed by Mr. HP
They test their new machines and ink concoctions about 2 miles from my location.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I worked for over 30 years for HP and the majority was for the printer division and specifically the dry toner, aka LaserJet, cartridge R&D section. I do not like nor would ever buy an ink jet printer for numerous reasons. On the other hand, one of my responsibilities was evaluating test results from our competitor's dry toner printers. My data is dated, I retired 12 years ago. The results I saw clearly showed HP LaserJet had the best products in the areas of print quality, reliability, and feature richness. At that time Brother was at the bottom of the list in most areas we tested.

Printers stop printing due to liability issues and lord knows EVERYONE want to sue the big corporations. HP started doing this after a Canadian ad campaign where they stated, "Always clear, always sharp" and the only way we, the engineers could meet this claim is to stop when toner supplies are low.

Printers use the razor/razor blade business model. They make very little on the printer and the profits come from the supplies.

One of my last projects was a dry toner printer design which contained a lifetime supply of toner. The user would pay for the toner they used, no toner cartridge changes. Of course this never was implemented although I'm listed on several patents. The supply chain hated the idea due to the loss of their revenue stream.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

I absolutely threw my HP out the front door and watched it break into a million pieces. God, did I hate that POS.
Bought an Epson Ecotank, and have not been happier. Have been using it almost a year, and have yet to fill up the tanks. They say it's good for several thousand pages, and I believe them. Excellent printer and would buy it again tomorrow,

- Rogue
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Another thumbs up for the Epson Eco Tank. My wife was burning through cartridges left and right on her old printer. Bought an Eco Tank a little over a year ago. Within two years the savings on ink will have paid for the printer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (Aviator, 44mc, 10Glocks, 35, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 12 invisible), 1,294 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,151
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.