-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought $70 HP printer at Costco and buy ink off ebay for $12 per XL cartridge. It complains the cartridges aren't HP or are refilled but it still prints.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
GB4

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I like my Brother Laser printer but it just stopped working. It will not turn on, no lights, no noise, nothing.
I’ve tried a different outlet and the online trouble shooting tips.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My HP just died after just buying 4 new cartridges. I had 3 HP printers and hated them all. Last HP was bought when I was out of town, or I would only have owned 2.
I bought a Cannon with ink wells. Ink is in pretty large bottles, and I guess lasts years. Cost per page is supposedly the cheapest in that class. Ink bottles were cheap at walmart. Only had it a week, but it did well so far. If the cannon pukes I won't get a HP, I'll try another brand.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The mx920 cannon printers with the cheap Amazon ink has always been solid for me. I get about 6 years out of them but we print a bunch. 160 page closing document was no problem for it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do you think gas is expensive? A couple years ago, someone calculated the price/gallon of ink in those cartridges. It came to a bit over $1000/gal. Ink for the tank printers costs a very small fraction of that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Tag......got an HP on it's last leg as we speak.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'd have to go look. It and the Apple desktop are my wife's domain. All I know is it prints from my Apple laptop when I need it to. When needed she has me order non-OEM cartridges from Amazon.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I bought an Epson printer and bottles of ink. They are now in a box in the wifes garage. It's a POS.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Houser52
I like my Brother Laser printer but it just stopped working. It will not turn on, no lights, no noise, nothing.
I’ve tried a different outlet and the online trouble shooting tips.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
If the power company hit you with a surge, that will kill them if they are not surge protected.
We leave our Brother laser turned off when not in use and that might make a difference with power surges.
We've had one for about 9 years now and it just works.

We bought this printer (HL 2280 DW) during a promotion for $49.99
The current new model sells for $199.00 so it was a really good deal.
The wife goes to pick it up and calls me all flustered, "It doesn't print in color !"
I replied, "What do we need color for ?"
She says, "Well, I don't know."

I got onto this Brother laser model through talking with the local Cartridge World refill store manager.
He told me which laser printer to get that used easy to refill toner cartridges.
Talk to your local refiller and they will know which printers are giving good service life.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Another thumbs up for the Epson Eco Tank. My wife was burning through cartridges left and right on her old printer. Bought an Eco Tank a little over a year ago. Within two years the savings on ink will have paid for the printer

That's what I bought too. I like it and never had any qualms about using an inkjet for light duty printing.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Brother laser is the ONLY answer

I've got several of these. Got them when I use to work for Pitney a second time from 1995 to 2000.

what I use for my business is a Laser Printer, made private label for PB. The one I have hooked to that computer for billing, is over 25 years old. Ink cartridges are available remanufactured on line for pretty cheap. You can buy them rebuilt and they fill them with " ink" actually a powder, holding about 400% of what a new one costs, at a fraction of the price of a new one. I've got 3 more setting on the shelf.

For my wife and son's use, I picked up an Eco Tank at Costco, which is activated for their use at 2 different parts of the house, via WiFi. The ink for that one is cheap and long lasting also.

Printers have not been a problem in this house at all. With the Brother manufactured one, I print thousands of targets off the internet per annum.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
for years I always used the scanner on my printers. It really sucked when having to send 2 sided bank statements to my mortgage guy and accountant. last summer I bought a scan snap. its a dedicated scanner. That thing kicks total and complete ass. I can scan 80 pages front to back in like 30 seconds probably less and they scan perfectly. if you do much scanning. its highly worth it. it scanned a bunch of family pics, the photos were all different sizes. its just ate up all of them and scanned them like it was no big deal.

I think when I get another printer I am going epson eco tank.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (300_savage, 3dtestify, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 44automag, 10 invisible), 1,202 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,132
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.