Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Darryle
Why can you not subscribe online to that magazine? You can buy the back issues, but I will be damned if I can find a way to subscribe online, either print or digital.

If you’re asking about the magazine article I posted I’m sure there was a subscription card for the print version. I’ll look when I get unpacked and let you know….I’d be happy to send it to you if you want.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by Fotis
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
If you want a high end optic with the feature set of the VX-5/6 there really is not a lot out there.

.........................excellent tracking/zero retention...............

You lost me there.

Sorry about your luck. My three have been working great for years.

I guess everything can fail from time to time

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Teal
People are putting a pile of confidence into "assembled in USA" by a guy making 17-19 bucks an hour - in the Portland area. But the machinist starts at 20....

Assemblers.

While others are putting confidence in foreign made scopes made by workers making $3.70 per hour, or child slaves.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KenMi
People are putting a pile of confidence into "assembled in USA" by a guy making 17-19 bucks an hour - in the Portland area. But the machinist starts at 20....

Assemblers.

While others are putting confidence in foreign made scopes made by workers making $3.70 per hour, or child slaves.

The Chinaman is living better on their wage than the American is at 19 an hour.

Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I dont know so but I don’t think so.

Besides, does that $3.70 an hour include a health plan, employer contributions to a retirement plan, and paid vacation?

And getting beat up at the end of the day if the Chinese employee doesn’t meet his production quota?

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

I dont know so but I don’t think so.

Besides, does that $3.70 an hour include a health plan, employer contributions to a retirement plan, and paid vacation?

And getting beat up at the end of the day if the Chinese employee doesn’t meet his production quota?

The average Chinese mfg wage in 2022 was 97,528 yuan. That's 13,472 us dollars. They'll spend 500 a month (US) on an apartment in China, downtown. 45% of wages.

19 an hour is 39,520 US gross - they'll spend 1728 a month in rent for an apartment. 52% of wages.

I guess the US guy really is living quite a bit better than the Chinese guy, spending an extra 7% just for an apartment but hey - it's beautiful Portland.

And I'd wager the average Chinaman has much more attention to detail vice the average American taking the job that pays less than what the average fast food wage is there.

The real question tho - is the Chinaman in the factory doing a high paying job and thus likely getting better talent for the job in his area vice the Leup assembler wage compared to local options. That I don't know.

Me

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
How much of "Leupold's are failing" is based on actual fact, versus targeted social media efforts by their competitors to try to gain some market share? As an example, Vortex must have one of the largest advertising/marketing budgets, based on how much you see them splashed across everything printed, filmed or blogged. In today's age of social media, "marketing" also includes paid social influencers and internet trolls that try to sway opinion or create false narratives.

It was interesting to see how effective the marketing can be. I watched my daughter's boyfriend shop for a scope at the DSC convention. Out of all the brands, he kept picking up the Vortex out of brand recognition. I think he ended up buying one of the Vortex scopes that's sourced from China.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by gsganzer
How much of "Leupold's are failing" is based on actual fact, versus targeted social media efforts by their competitors to try to gain some market share? As an example, Vortex must have one of the largest advertising/marketing budgets, based on how much you see them splashed across everything printed, filmed or blogged. In today's age of social media, "marketing" also includes paid social influencers and internet trolls that try to sway opinion or create false narratives.

It was interesting to see how effective the marketing can be. I watched my daughter's boyfriend shop for a scope at the DSC convention. Out of all the brands, he kept picking up the Vortex out of brand recognition. I think he ended up buying one of the Vortex scopes that's sourced from China.

Exactly. They target the advertising and marketing to the masses that don't know any better. Call it tactical, long range, or add certain words or acronyms and the sheep suck it up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reupold does it to themselves. Hint.

When you send their broken schit back to their VERY busy Repair Facility,they'll list a report of maladies to Vortex. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You Retarded Brokedick Professional Victim Crying Kchunts are a fhuqking riot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't pay much attention to the uber-high end scope market as I personally have no interest in it. It seems to me that most every optic seller nowadays makes products that match a certain price point, which makes perfect sense, to me anyway. It also seems to me that Vortex does a better job of marketing and warranting their offerings than most anyone else and it's paid off big time. If a guy wants an inexpensive optic, more power to him as it has no bearing on what I'm doing. I'm always amazed at people's reactions regarding what other people are doing with their own money. As a matter of fact, after the Liberty Optics screwing over their Vortex customers fiasco, and the way Vortex went waaaaay above and beyond to take care of their consumers, I have the utmost respect for them as a company nowadays. I'd have to speculate that I don't know of one single company that would have went to the lengths Vortex did to make customers happy. In today's age of bad/poor/nonexistent customer service, what Vortex did was a breath of fresh air.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've yet to see a Vortex track,repeat or hold zero. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Darryle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Darryle
Why can you not subscribe online to that magazine? You can buy the back issues, but I will be damned if I can find a way to subscribe online, either print or digital.

If you’re asking about the magazine article I posted I’m sure there was a subscription card for the print version. I’ll look when I get unpacked and let you know….I’d be happy to send it to you if you want.

Please do, I'd appreciate it.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Are you suggesting that Leupold does not engage in the same sorts of things to positively affect its own image relative to competitors?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi

Exactly. They target the advertising and marketing to the masses that don't know any better. Call it tactical, long range, or add certain words or acronyms and the sheep suck it up.
This applies equally to both Vortex and Leupold.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Are you suggesting that Leupold does not engage in the same sorts of things to positively affect its own image relative to competitors?

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, I don't know. Leupold has been in the optics ecosystem for a long time and probably has a pretty established and traditional marketing approach (conjecture on the latter point, on my part).

Heck, I'm 58 years old and own a business and all my marketing is through phone calls and handshakes. I don't do Facebook, Twitter, blogs, e-blasts etc.

A newcomer to the market might have a whole different (and modern) marketing approach that involves a more strategic digital presence and marketing philosophy, including influencers/misinformation etc., that might employ some more "black ops" as part of that approach. The old adage, say it enough and from enough rooftops and people will start to believe it.

I was just asking if we're certain there's a problem with Leupold products, based on actual fact. Or is it the proverbial a friend of a friend said... that ends up taking on a life of its own?

I guess the only one that would really know if quality and reliability of the product has suffered, would be Leupold, through their own product metrics.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Trends and Track Records matter,as not all wares are "equal",let alone close. Hint.

Furthermore,not all Manufacturers can keep pace and more than a few are cutting costs,while "offering" schittier products for more money. None of which is "secreted" information. Hint.

Spent primers remain THE Supreme Tutorial. Hint.

Just sayin'..............

Trends you say.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
A trend is more than (2)...and I'll cite that the only Leupie I've ever puked by shooting,was a 1" 16x A/O.

If only for starters.................

Originally Posted by Campfire Members who own good rifles and shoot well
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

BOGO on Wal-Quil DM this weekend only

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vortex is garbage

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sadly, I never saw a Vortex at the range or in the store I would buy.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Sadly, I never saw a Vortex at the range or in the store I would buy.

Nothing 'sad' about that at all. That's just a good decision. 👍

The Golden Eagle series is actually pretty decent. But at that price point, there are many better options.

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 14 invisible), 1,295 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,678
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.