Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Congratulations. I left Alaska to pick up a girl and had to spend two years down south before we returned together in 2022. I am sure glad to be back, and am sure you will be too. Good luck!

GB1

C
C
Congratulations on escaping.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
It is now official. We just departed the closing office. Now to intensify the search for a home in the valley. We have 90 days to vacate our house in Tennessee.

Thats pretty slick. You closed AND have 90 days? Must be a hot market.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
It is now official. We just departed the closing office. Now to intensify the search for a home in the valley. We have 90 days to vacate our house in Tennessee.

Thats pretty slick. You closed AND have 90 days? Must be a hot market.

Made it clear to any potential buyer that was a requirement. We wanted to make sure funds from our current house were in our account before we started house hunting and before we moved out of the house. I thought it was a smart move on my part as well:)

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Welcome back Randy

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thank you!
I spent the last 6 years selling off all my large caliber rifles including 4 doubles as they were of little use in Tennessee. Now I find myself selling off most of my smaller caliber stuff before I move back. If nothing else, I am good for the economy, lol.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Welcome back, Randy. You sold me your ATV trailer and .450 Marlin ammo and probably some other stuff. Get back up before you sell off the small bore stuff!
There’s a house for sale in Brendelwood (ER) that is not yet on the market. Fantastic views and the owners really did a great remodel. Worth looking at for sure as you both might be able to make a good deal even better. Plus, you’d get to be our neighbor!

Bob

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Reminds me. My boss great neighbor is moving away from Wasilla this spring too. Really nice house and super nice garage shop over close to the Harley dealer there. Can't recall the cutoff road at the moment. Its not on the market yet either. FWIW. Really good subdivision too with some really good folks.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
The Anchorage housing market is NUTS. We looked at a house in south Anchorage that listed for 787k.
Realtor told us it sold the same day it was listed for $900k

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It's still a seller's market, you would think that interest rates being what they are, things would slow down.

Building is not a great proposition either, materials and labor have gone up.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rost495
Reminds me. My boss great neighbor is moving away from Wasilla this spring too. Really nice house and super nice garage shop over close to the Harley dealer there. Can't recall the cutoff road at the moment. Its not on the market yet either. FWIW. Really good subdivision too with some really good folks.

Hyer Road ? The Wasilla Harley Shop building used to be an animal feed place, we gutted the building and remodeled it completely back in '02 -'03

Good neighborhoods back there and a bunch of good folks in the area

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The Anchorage housing market is NUTS. We looked at a house in south Anchorage that listed for 787k.
Realtor told us it sold the same day it was listed for $900k

Yeah it’s pretty much bidding wars for appropriately priced homes with so many buyers wanting stuff. All the folks that listened to the crash bros are paying bigly.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Bob,
Can you tell me the address of the house coming up for sale in Brendlewood?
Thanks
Randy

S
S
Literally. I couldnt even afford anchorage especially with interest rates and the bidding wars.

I even had some of the bidding wars in south wasilla. But I did secure a home in "the ranch".. good luck! I'll be moving there may 10th.

Last edited by Stopemdead; Yesterday at 07:33 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (35, Angus1895, 44mc, 10Glocks, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 12 invisible), 1,505 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,152
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.