HR IC

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I always enjoyed Gilbert & Sullivan too..:)Jim

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's the thing that many of the "critics" aren't getting.

I make no claims to being an expert hunter in general. I'm pretty good at hunting blacktail deer, how and where I hunt them. I AM EXPERIENCED AT THAT!! And I AM speaking from my experience.

This is my post that "in theory" started all this. Read this, and then realize just how ridiculous some of you have behaved:

----------------------
"handwerk, don't deer see blue very well? Seems I read that once in a story about why they DON'T see blaze orange well.

If so, I wouldn't want a blue dot on the end of my barrel- at least where I hunt, which tends to be be close-up.

I had one day a few years ago that I should have put tape on my muzzle... sloppy slushy snow all day, then it got cold and about froze my rifle solid. I guess enough water got into the rest of the rifle that it might not have even helped, really...

-jeff"
-----------------------------

For the comprehension-challenged among you, I was speaking directly to my experience; HOW I hunt, and WHERE I hunt. I was as clear as can be about that. And I stand 100% behind the fact that in my experience, hunting blacktail deer in my spots, I sure don't want what is perhaps the MOST VISIBLE COLOR THERE IS to a deer, on a part of my equipment that has to move, what, 4 feet (from a muzzle down position to a shouldered position), in order to get the shot. Maybe it wouldn't matter- but I think it might and you know what?

Tape comes in different colors. And it all costs the same.

I think that the situations that many of you hunt, you could paint yourselves red white and blue with streamers coming out your ears and bells around your ankles and it wouldn't matter one bit. If you are killing deer from a stand 300 yards away, then obviously a bit of tape on your muzzle is meaningless. But that is YOUR reality, not mine. I am speaking directly to the experience I HAVE, in killing WAY more blacktail deer than the statistics say I ever should have, in the time I've been hunting them. I am doing a whole lot of things right in the woods. I am a damn good blacktail hunter and if it's because I sweat the details then so be it.

But you guys who blew this thread up know that. You blew this one up for the reasons you blow any thread up- to call names, act superior, and generally bring the whole place down. Really, you should be ashamed of your behavior, but I won't hold my breath.

I am laughing at the "wankers" (you know who you are) because you actually think you WON this fiasco when in reality, you just educated a bunch more people about the quality of your character, while I made yet more friends when they PM'd me to also laugh at you.

Keep it up guys, keep it up.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jeff
Are you after, a round two.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Jeff

Apparently, you're hoping he is. Some people in this thread have really surprised me.

WAR EAGLE!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I made yet more friends when they PM'd me to also laugh at you.

What the hell is this - the 3rd grade? Bob doesn't like me but Joe does, he is my best friend now...

laffin...

The most visible color to deer is also one of the most abundant - that is the point most were and are trying to make to you. If you bothered to open your mind long enough to learn instead of post you would have seen that people were trying to teach you something.

The fact deer can see something doesn't mean it precludes you from being successful. Much like a deer being able to see my Buick doesn't mean he will get the hell out of the way.

Call it what you want but the fact remains you posted something that isn't all that logical - worrying about the color blue and was called on it. That's all that happened.

You can get all defensive or not, doesn't matter because you don't have the reputation around here as a person who has BT/DT and whose opinion should be counted on such things.

Go ahead and call me a loser like you have others, but I stand on my own reputation I built here over the last 5 years not 10 months.

When someone asks "What stinks" and everyone in the room points at the same guy? I know who farted.

Last edited by teal; 02/19/08.

Me

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Have you ever shot any deer with anything BLUE about your premise? (Yes, and not 300 yds. away) It's not about being an expert, but having experience.

Speculation is what it is.

If you're on the defense you must have been on the offense at one time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've never shot a deer (gun or bow) over 50 yards. Used blue fletching and wore blue jeans - MY EXPERIENCE.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Jeff

Apparently, you're hoping he is.

No not really
HD

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I just attribute it to JO being a hybrid... village idiot and troll all rolled into one....he loves this crap and thats why he keeps posting his horse schit.....

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Can anybody tell me what the hell Tom T. Hall was smoking when he wrote the song "sneaky snake"?

and why does that [bleep] snake want my root beer?

that's just the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

he goes wigglin & a squirmin & he's gonna get my damn root beer... yeah, right.

it would take a [bleep] warehouse to hold everything Tom T Hall doesn't know about snakes & root beer...

There, I said it. Been waiting over 30 years to unload that one...

feels good to get that off my chest.

That was one of my favorite songs as a kid ... and many years later ... I also don't know what it means .... bet I haven't heard it for nearly 30 years though!

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
hey!! I just found a beer bottle cap in my left shirt pocket... hmm, bud, don't remember the last time i had a bottle of bud....

Yeah ole Tom T is a crazy son-o-gun!!

I loved that song when I was a kid too...

man, kids sure are dumb huh? shocked smile

we had ice cream trucks back then too. sound of an ice cream truck could put a kid into a frantic panic... MOM!!!!! I need a nickle!!! Mom!!!!!! Mom!!!!!!!

LOL!!

Something clever here.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And for the record I never bothered with his stupid posts, let him slide on the Carry hot or not thread...But the .223 thread was just a call to rake crap and start horse chit...he likes to be the center of attention even if it requires retarded logic to become such, I swear he's part teenage girl with the secret friends ,PM's and pre-pubescent behavior....

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Anyone got a link to the .223 thread for a newbie??

Shut up and hunt!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
we had ice cream trucks back then too. sound of an ice cream truck could put a kid into a frantic panic... MOM!!!!! I need a nickle!!! Mom!!!!!! Mom!!!!!!!

LOL!!

I drove one of those trucks, one summer between college semesters...

It wasn't blue, as I recall...

DN

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Kelk
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...owflat/Number/1919050/page/2#Post1919050

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by Kelk
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...owflat/Number/1919050/page/2#Post1919050

Thanks. Time to do some reading and research.

Shut up and hunt!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Ah Jeff, we are talking about something completely differnt now. The part of the thread you are talking about is long gone. Probably should start a new thread.
NorthernDave,I am way below any comprehension of you post.It would make my head hurt to dwell on it.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Jeff, the reason that you've simply rubbed people the wrong way, is due to your interjections into conversations about subjects that you truly don't know anything about by your own admittance........When given some real world facts, you discard those to trump your own theories that are unproven.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and that's what makes this forum and many more like it so appealing.......different opinions and experiences to come to either similiar or dissimiliar conclusions, but most are based around something someone has tried, not merely a theory.

It's kinda like logging onto Newegg.com and wanting to buy a monitor.......The last thing I want is to be seeing review after a review of a product from someone who has never used the one I'm wanting to purchase, and says so in their review. This same person carries on about another monitor and how it is superior, yet has never even so much as turned on the one I'm wanting to purchase.........are ya starting to see what I'm talking about???

I've yet to kill anything with a Barnes X bullet, but intend to this spring for bear. I've been a diehard Partition fan for 20 years plus and have never had a failure.....With that said, I've done a lot of listening and watching of folks who have used the "X" with success and have seen its virtues in smaller weight bullets, prove to me that it's worth giving a try. I never once put the badmouth on it, simply because I'd never seen it used, or used one myself.
How did I come to this conclusion to switch from a proven performer in the partition to an "X" this season??? Simple; I simply listened, learned, and watched picture after picture of guys who use them on a steady diet to take game that ranged from whitetails to brown bear, in calibers smaller, lighter, and pushing less bullet weight than I've been using.
With what I've seen, it's hardly a gamble and an opportunity to try something new that someone else had to learn, just as I'm doing now.

You can get defensive and upset about how this thread has turned, but you could also step back for a minute and perhaps realize why it did...........It's an easy process that one does not need to have even that good of reading "comphrension" to understand, mixed with some humility.

Just so you're not feeling like your point is falling on deaf ears; I've hunted the majority of my adult life in the same type of vegetation that you hunt now.......Yeah...It's dense and wet, but not nearly as critical as you would make it out to be......BTDT.

Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1minute, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,320
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.