Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Ah Jeff, we are talking about something completely differnt now. The part of the thread you are talking about is long gone. Probably should start a new thread.
NorthernDave,I am way below any comprehension of you post.It would make my head hurt to dwell on it.

smile saddlesore, don't even try. It's a trap!! smile

an evil plan to make people sit & ponder... "what is he saying with this? What's the message? Who is he talking to? What does it mean?"

trust me, when you see me sling some off the wall totally unrelated crap into a post that's gone south... It's nothing more than a derailment attempt, a diversion that hopefully fizzles a thread when someone's up against the ropes. smile

Like tossing in a smoke bomb so someone can escape....

I do it every now & then when someone's up against the ropes but won't give up the fight...

but when it works, when I spout some clownish off the wall loonacy & the jabs stop rolling in... the guy against the ropes can't stir it up again... he's gotta let it go... let it slide off the page...

otherwise it don't work see?

wink

Something clever here.

HR IC

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I just attribute it to JO being a hybrid... village idiot and troll all rolled into one....he loves this crap and thats why he keeps posting his horse schit.....

He ain't got schit else to do......

The real estate market sucks, and it's winter out there.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hi Matt,

Fair enough. I quoted my original post because that's what originally got me "jumped" and I would hope we can all agree, after this stupid crapstorm, that what I posted hardly rated the reaction it got.

Here's the truth, plain and simple. There are about a half-dozen guys on the Campfire who are bullies. Most of them are on this thread and it's obvious who they are. They run in a pack. They may be experienced bullies, but they are bullies, and love nothing more than to dogpile people. It gives them a lot of pleasure. Most of them showed up on this thread with their profanities and homosexual innuendos and so on. It's just gross.

To be clear, Matt, I don't count you in that crowd and I appreciate your comments, below. I don't deny there's some truth there. I've said a whole lot of true things, too.

-jeff

Originally Posted by triggerguard1
Jeff, the reason that you've simply rubbed people the wrong way, is due to your interjections into conversations about subjects that you truly don't know anything about by your own admittance........When given some real world facts, you discard those to trump your own theories that are unproven.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and that's what makes this forum and many more like it so appealing.......different opinions and experiences to come to either similiar or dissimiliar conclusions, but most are based around something someone has tried, not merely a theory.

It's kinda like logging onto Newegg.com and wanting to buy a monitor.......The last thing I want is to be seeing review after a review of a product from someone who has never used the one I'm wanting to purchase, and says so in their review. This same person carries on about another monitor and how it is superior, yet has never even so much as turned on the one I'm wanting to purchase.........are ya starting to see what I'm talking about???

I've yet to kill anything with a Barnes X bullet, but intend to this spring for bear. I've been a diehard Partition fan for 20 years plus and have never had a failure.....With that said, I've done a lot of listening and watching of folks who have used the "X" with success and have seen its virtues in smaller weight bullets, prove to me that it's worth giving a try. I never once put the badmouth on it, simply because I'd never seen it used, or used one myself.
How did I come to this conclusion to switch from a proven performer in the partition to an "X" this season??? Simple; I simply listened, learned, and watched picture after picture of guys who use them on a steady diet to take game that ranged from whitetails to brown bear, in calibers smaller, lighter, and pushing less bullet weight than I've been using.
With what I've seen, it's hardly a gamble and an opportunity to try something new that someone else had to learn, just as I'm doing now.

You can get defensive and upset about how this thread has turned, but you could also step back for a minute and perhaps realize why it did...........It's an easy process that one does not need to have even that good of reading "comphrension" to understand, mixed with some humility.

Just so you're not feeling like your point is falling on deaf ears; I've hunted the majority of my adult life in the same type of vegetation that you hunt now.......Yeah...It's dense and wet, but not nearly as critical as you would make it out to be......BTDT.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Brother Dave
Scott...we better follow Brother Bill's lead and go for the colorblind ones....

[Linked Image]

Just for the record, we were about 25 ft from this deer when the trigger was pulled. BTW, he cycled a round too.....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And so speaks the self proclaimed " master blacktail hunter " those in the know realize you are an inexperienced pretender,those that can't figure that out,well they can keep PMing with you.....Every time someone gives you a chance for a graceful exit you just keep your yapper going......Dude time to get off this ride before you puke on yourself any more

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A taped muzzle is good insurance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wish to apologize for the antagonistic tone of my last post.

I'm experiencing a very unpleasant allergic reaction right now that involves my eyes, mouth, and Prednisone. It's no excuse, but it has me living outside my usual cheerful mood and I feel, upon review, that I have been a partner in the "heat" that has been generated in this discussion recently.

I'd rather be part of the "light" than the heat, and again, I apologize.

Perhaps we can manage to have a civil discussion sometime about "How do deer see the color blue". It's an interesting question.

I think I've adequatly defended the concept that a blue muzzle tip could be a problem for some of us, so, I'm going to bow out now.

:-)

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
The deer were both shot under 100 yds.. One from a 45 Colt at 75 (didn't get a pic of the doe shot at 30 that same morning), the other running right at me with a 338 (scared out of his wits mulie. Mulie Blue).
Pigs can't see worth a chit, but I'll bet they see blue!

Bully!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
electrical tape, spare wrapped round' the tube

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've drilled & tapped all of my .30's for 3/8" bolts that I screw in the ends & torque to 52 ft lbs.

my 1/4 bore & smaller get a 1/4-20 bolt torqued to 38 ft lbs.

my shotguns are threaded on the OD with NPT & I use a black iron pipe cap.

I don't know yet how any of this effects accuracy because I never see any damn animals to shoot... and i don't want to waste my bullets on "target practice" Phhfftthht!!

But I damn sure aint getting no mud, bugs, water, ice, snow, sticks, pine needles or anything else dangerous in my barrels.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always tape my muzzle, but, uh, with black electrical tape, because I always have black around!
smirk

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by northern_dave
because I never see any damn animals to shoot

put yer glasses on old timer. it'll probly help a lil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[/quote]

put yer glasses on old timer. it'll probly help a lil [/quote]

Damn kids these days!
grin grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And do you all tape your muzzle with a single thickness of tape across the muzzle and then a wrap around the barrel covering the ends of the first piece, or some other technique?

Retired cat herder.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Laughin!!

smile

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In addition to Gorilla tape, I have found black balloons to work really well. Better, in fact than any tape besides gorrilla tape. Some have said that condoms are a good substitute, but if you get home from a long hunting trip out of state and you have extra's of these in your bag when your wife unpacks or gets laundry out..... Well... ya got some 'splainin to do smile Not worth the risk as I see it.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Somebody explain ROYGBIV to him.

As admited by him, deer see ultra violet, which is to the high end of violet in the electromagnetic spectrum. To see blue, theyed have to see indigo and violet as well.

Blue is how ultra violet appears to a deer (in theory, we haven't asked a deer yet to find out exactly what he sees).

Anyhow, seeing a color or not, its movement that deer's eyes are made to pick up on; they're gonna see you dancin around wether you're black-n-white, blue, or any other [bleep] color.

Not that it'll change his op. He read something in a magazine somewhere, it must be proven scientific fact.

-quoted, me from ARAIG

Tact is knowing how to tell someone to go to hell, and have them thank you for it.

NRA Life Member, BAA Life Member
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You know of course how easy it is to scream at someone over the rarified air of the internet, it ain't always easy over a real campfire. There you tend to find commonality and its easier to see the real enthusiasm and good in all folks (thanks to someone here pointing out this obvious fact to me).

Its also alot easier to argue than accept experience.......

Charlie

Last edited by sturgeon; 02/19/08.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I wish to apologize for the antagonistic tone of my last post.

I'm experiencing a very unpleasant allergic reaction right now that involves my eyes, mouth, and Prednisone. It's no excuse, but it has me living outside my usual cheerful mood and I feel, upon review, that I have been a partner in the "heat" that has been generated in this discussion recently.

I'd rather be part of the "light" than the heat, and again, I apologize.

Should of stopped right there....
Perhaps we can manage to have a civil discussion sometime about "How do deer see the color blue". It's an interesting question.
It's really not intresting and the point is moot....
I think I've adequatly defended the concept that a blue muzzle tip could be a problem for some of us, so, I'm going to bow out now.
In typical fashion ya gotta get the last word in even though those that have BTDT showed superfluous pictures and accounts that it aint worth sweating.....the "bow out now" part is very good though.

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, AussieGunWriter, AB2506, 9 invisible), 1,190 guests, and 689 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,229
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.