Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
here they come, had a van load of about 10 of them today come get a tire fixed 10 people and 6 dogs in one van, across the street at the filling station there was probably 30 of them begging for gas money, i hate hippies

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Don't worry too much, they're just passin' through on their way to.......here. Already about 100 of them in camp today.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No way dude, they are coming HERE.

Veneta, Oregon, for the Country Fair.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We get mobbed every year come Country Fair time because our property is so close. Friends from "back in the day" come camp at our place, play music, BBQ, drink beer, etc. Some of them even... gasp... have LONG HAIR!!

It's a really good time. Ya'll need to lighten up a little! :-)

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
When I lived in Fort Collins they had a "gathering" in the hills west of town. Sorry bunch of miscreants as you've ever seen. I guess that's what you become when you've lost self respect and visions of a meaningful future. Watch your belongings!

Wayne

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I won't stand up for that (or any) band of miscreants; that would be stupid.

The hippie movement is not a bunch of miscreants, though. I live right here in hippie central, in Eugene. I know some wonderful, productive people who if you saw them walking down the street you might call them a hippie. Yet they are great parents, productive workers, very interesting, intelligent people... etc.

Anyway, paint with as broad a brush as you care to- I won't argue, what's the point- but you'll be wrong, if that matters.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hippie women that shave are usually keepers.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey I like hippies! Think of them as free entertainment when there's nothing interesting on TV. laugh

I'm Libertarian for these 3 reasons:

1.) I'm American
2.) I'm not insane enough to be Democrat
3.) I'm not wussy enough to be Republican

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
The hippie movement is not a bunch of miscreants, though. I live right here in hippie central, in Eugene. I know some wonderful, productive people who if you saw them walking down the street you might call them a hippie. Yet they are great parents, productive workers, very interesting, intelligent people... etc.

Jeff:

Is they have jobs, they ain't hippies--by definition (conservative definition, that is).

Those long haired folks with JOBS and tie dyed shirts, subarus, and birkenstocks are called "liberals."

The long haired folks ON WELFARE wearing tie dyed shirts, driving ancient VW buses, with dirty fingernails, and a substance abuse problem are called "hippies."

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I asked a guy at work why his hair was so long, if he was trying to look like his mother;
he replied "no, my moms got short hair"...I was at a loss for words.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
FUNNY thread, this,......

...................go get a job, Hippy.

ROTFLMAO,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Years ago they set up camp here for a couple weeks, 100s. Bus covered in bikes, lots o nakedness in town. Took awhile for the sheriff to get them all rounded up and out of the county. Lot of places to hide around these woods.

Last edited by handwerk; 06/19/08.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
There is a large group of the rainbow family that lives year round just south of me, down in the Ocala National Forrest. On some sort of schedual, known only to them, the numbers swell, and decrease from time to tome.
Mostly they are out of sight, but don't think for a moment, that despite what Jeff thinks, the crime stats spike when more come to visit.
I absolutly despise hippies.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by handwerk
Years ago they set up camp here for a couple weeks, 100s. Bus covered in bikes, lots o nakedness in town. Took awhile for the sheriff to get them all rounded up and out of the county. Lot of places to hide around these woods.

Would have thought the skeeters up there would keep the nakedness down!

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is a big permanent population of them in Taos, NM. Most of em were decent sorts and many of them are "Trust Fund babies" that get money once a month from a family trust.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Descendants of Fonda and easy rider cult?

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I live two blocks from Berkeley, CA & actually work for that city...the stories I could tell about hippies.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Had a run in with 'em once in N. New Mexico in the Carson forest...twern't pretty...Didn't know there were that many VW micro-busses still around...It was their annual free for all about 20,000 strong and lasted several days...wheweee...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BMT
No way dude, they are coming HERE.

Veneta, Oregon, for the Country Fair.

BMT

Actually, the 2008 World Gathering is going to be held near Pinedale and the Wind River Range. There's still time to get involved for anyone who's interested. http://www.welcomehere.org/gathering_of_the_tribes/annual/

I don't care how people dress or if they want to run around the forest naked. But, they do tend to overwhelm the carrying capacity of the land they take over. I understand it's quite a mess after they leave, for which the taxpayers wind up footing the bill.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE
There is a big permanent population of them in Taos, NM. Most of em were decent sorts and many of them are "Trust Fund babies" that get money once a month from a family trust.

The ones with Dreadlocks who drive Mercedes and live in mountain towns are commonly referred to as Trustafarians.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (222ND, 25aught6, 10Glocks, 160user, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 65 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,375
Posts18,527,466
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.