Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Violator22
Don't forget, the Oil needs to be kept here in North America and out of the World Market!

I'm sure Exxon Mobil and BP will be thrilled with Congress regulating that North American oil must stay in North America, especially when China and India have more demand.

"To give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who gives a crap, I prefer to keep our natural resources here. China and India can buy all of their oil from OPEC. We need to be off their Tit. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I'm just saying don't you think it's a wee bit unrealistic to expect all North American oil in North America. Especially with Congreoss and the President in the pockets of big oil?

"To give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think Congress is in the Pockets of Big Oil. We need to be making Ethanol out of switch grass and other non-consumables and drill and mine every damned place we can............and keep the damned resources here. Screw the rest of the world. Opec can drink their friggin oil. Les

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deerfearme
I'm just saying don't you think it's a wee bit unrealistic to expect all North American oil in North America. Especially with Congreoss and the President in the pockets of big oil?
Nope.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In the area of Natural Resources, I'm talking, Oil, Coal, Corn, grains. Les

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I wonder how many American citizens - total numbers- would be able to live out the rest of their lives with all their transportation, heating, and other petroleum related needs supplied by ANWR. I bet the numbers would be an eye-opener.

Probably equal to the current state population.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Okay speaking with my accountant hat on oil will flow where it is most cost effective to ship and produce oil products. Most of the oil would probably stay here because we can use all we can get. But you can't mandate the oil stay here because the type of oil found may have no use here or maybe some of it might have a use but the rest needs to go to bumf**k Africa or some such. Oil has to flow to where it is needed at the most cost effective method.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Hindsite
Thanks Don........

There is notrhing that hurts a Dem anymore than the "Truth"!

Mark

Now, now, now! You're not being "fair!" grin

Them poor demms think "good intentions" is all they need to save the planet and promote global whining.

Great first post however, with the shaded little yellow section at the top of ANWR being the region oil companies would explore and eventually drill.

My personal guess about the gas "crisis" is that if markets were allowed to solve the problem, it would take less than one presidential term for the US to shift its oil consumption to mainly domestic if congreff and the enviro-nazis were shut down!

I'm not experienced in the oil industry, but I majored in ECONOMICS in college. We studied many industries and commodities from a MACRO standpoint. Whatever.

I remember the first "gas crisis" in 1973 and the next couple years. But I've never seen anything in the economy as "artificially screwed up" as this situation that congreff, the enviro-wackos and speculators have been allowed to create.

And of course our enemies are licking their chops laughing at us!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The truth or reality has never gotten in the of the wacko lefts beliefs, don't count on that changing.

As to where AK crude get's refined, about 1/4 of it goes to Cherry Point WA. I believe the remaining goes down the west coast to various refineries.

Currently North slope crude makes up 1/5 of domestic production, if you opened ANWR today, that would double what is going down the pipe.

Yep, you can't just say go and produce the oil, it'll take time. So no it isn't an instant fix. However, it is a proved useable source of energy, and I can gurantee if it was put on line I'd be able to use products refined from it in the future.

As to the alternative energy crowd, it isn't an alternative if I can't buy it, it's a dream.

IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
.458 Lott, if nobody's looked at alternatives, then we can't know how much of a dream they are. You should check out some of the stupid stuff people have said about the future that will never happen, like us never flying and planes not being useful weapons of war....

And if OPEC goes and drinks their oil, wouldn't that raise the price even more? The high price is largely due to oil speculation and possibly withholding oil from the market to artificully jack up the price. It's supply and demand, and when the supply is decreased, price goes up.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Need to make it a law the oil from the US. Stays in the US. Or ANWAR will be opened up and off shor drilling, an it will be going to China and Russia, or whomever else bids the price up.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we would have drilled ANWR 10 years ago we'd be pumping oil from there as we speak but the greenie/liberals wouldn't have any of that and now we are all paying the price. The longer we put it off the longer we will rely on foreign oil. Screw the Arabs and their oil, let them sell it to someone else.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Yeah, we're paying the price for not drilling ANWR ten years ago by paying $4 at the pump instead of $3.85. Big deal. It's China, Inda, and oil speculators.

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by derby_dude
We are not running out of oil we will never run out of oil as the earth keeps making more. Vist any quality natural history museum to find out how this is done.

There are a couple of theories at play here. One is that oil is biological in nature, and while it is being replenished, it is not being replenished at anywhere near the rate it is being consumed - in which case we have a declining supply.

A second theory (Aiogenic) - and one that is very much in the minority - is that oil is produced through non-biological processes and is constantly being created. This theory is not widely accepted in the west, although it has many proponents in Russia

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drill all you want - that won't fix the problem.

As far as ANWR, the EIA estimates that in full production, that would only be another 876,000 barrels per day, not online until, about 2018. The US consumes over 20 million barrels per day, while producing only 8 million. Even with ANWR, we'd still need to import over half of our oil - about 11 million barrels per day.

Even if we could double domestic oil production, we'd still have to import oil.

Here's the EIA report

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/servicerpt/anwr/pdf/sroiaf(2008)03.pdf

Some interesting quotes:

10 years before anything flows out of ANWR

The assumption that ANWR oil production would begin 10 years after legislation approves the Federal oil and natural gas leasing in the 1002 Area is based on the following 8-to-12 year timeline:

� 2 to 3 years to obtain leases, including the development of a U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) leasing program, which includes approval of an Environmental Impact Statement, the collection and analysis of seismic data, and the auction and award of leases.

� 2 to 3 years to drill a single exploratory well. Exploratory wells are slower to drill because geophysical data are collected during drilling, e.g., rock cores and well logs. Typically, Alaska North Slope exploration wells take two full winter seasons to reach the desired depth.

� 1 to 2 years to develop a production development plan and obtain BLM approval for that plan, if a commercial oil reservoir is discovered. Considerably more time could be required if the discovered oil reservoir is very deep, is filled with heavy oil, or is highly faulted. The petroleum company might have to collect more seismic data or drill delineation wells to confirm that the deposit is commercial.

�3 to 4 years to construct the feeder pipelines; to fabricate oil separation and treatment plants, and transport them up from the lower-48 States to the North Slope by ocean barge; construct drilling pads; drill to depth; and complete the wells.

How much oil?

In the AEO2008 reference case, U.S. conventional crude oil production grows from 5.1 million barrels per day in 2006 to a peak of 6.3 million barrels per day in 2018, and then declines to 5.6 million barrels per day in 2030 (Figure 2 and Table 2). The shape of the U.S. production profile is largely driven by lower-48 offshore oil production, which rises from 1.4 million barrels per day in 2006 to 2.4 million barrels per day in 2015, and then falls to 1.9 million barrels per day in 2030. Lower-48 onshore oil production grows slightly through 2030 because high crude oil prices stimulate the growth in carbon dioxide enhanced oil recovery (EOR) production, which offsets the decline in the other lower-48 onshore oil production.

In the AEO2008 reference case, Alaska crude oil production (without ANWR) declines from 741,000 barrels per day in 2006 to about 520,000 barrels per day in 2014. After 2014, Alaska oil production increases due to the discovery and development of new offshore oil fields that are expected to be found off the Alaska North Slope.16 These new fields raise Alaska oil production to about 700,000 barrels per day in 2020. After 2020, Alaska oil production declines to about 300,000 barrels per day in 2030.

In all three ANWR resource cases, ANWR crude oil production begins in 2018 and grows during most of the projection period before production begins to decline. In the mean oil resource case, ANWR oil production peaks at 780,000 barrels per day in 2027. The low- resource-case production peaks at 510,000 barrels per day in 2028, while the high- resource-case production peaks at 1,450,000 barrels per day in 2028. Cumulative oil production resulting from the opening of ANWR from 2018 through 2030 amounts to 2.6 billion barrels in the mean resource case, 1.9 billion barrels in the low resource case, and 4.3 billion barrels in the high resource case.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't care about governemnt reports, the government doesn't know anything especially when most of their reports date back to the 60's.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'm in support of drilling ANWR - because it will be good for the State of Alaska, and in spite of the fact it will have a negligible effect nationally. The effect will be even smaller compared to consumption projections in 2018.

Last edited by ironbender; 07/02/08.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tod
Drill all you want - that won't fix the problem.

As far as ANWR, the EIA estimates that in full production, that would only be another 876,000 barrels per day, not online until, about 2018. The US consumes over 20 million barrels per day, while producing only 8 million. Even with ANWR, we'd still need to import over half of our oil - about 11 million barrels per day.

Even if we could double domestic oil production, we'd still have to import oil.

Here's the EIA report

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/servicerpt/anwr/pdf/sroiaf(2008)03.pdf

Some interesting quotes:

10 years before anything flows out of ANWR

The assumption that ANWR oil production would begin 10 years after legislation approves the Federal oil and natural gas leasing in the 1002 Area is based on the following 8-to-12 year timeline:

� 2 to 3 years to obtain leases, including the development of a U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) leasing program, which includes approval of an Environmental Impact Statement, the collection and analysis of seismic data, and the auction and award of leases.

� 2 to 3 years to drill a single exploratory well. Exploratory wells are slower to drill because geophysical data are collected during drilling, e.g., rock cores and well logs. Typically, Alaska North Slope exploration wells take two full winter seasons to reach the desired depth.

� 1 to 2 years to develop a production development plan and obtain BLM approval for that plan, if a commercial oil reservoir is discovered. Considerably more time could be required if the discovered oil reservoir is very deep, is filled with heavy oil, or is highly faulted. The petroleum company might have to collect more seismic data or drill delineation wells to confirm that the deposit is commercial.

�3 to 4 years to construct the feeder pipelines; to fabricate oil separation and treatment plants, and transport them up from the lower-48 States to the North Slope by ocean barge; construct drilling pads; drill to depth; and complete the wells.

How much oil?

In the AEO2008 reference case, U.S. conventional crude oil production grows from 5.1 million barrels per day in 2006 to a peak of 6.3 million barrels per day in 2018, and then declines to 5.6 million barrels per day in 2030 (Figure 2 and Table 2). The shape of the U.S. production profile is largely driven by lower-48 offshore oil production, which rises from 1.4 million barrels per day in 2006 to 2.4 million barrels per day in 2015, and then falls to 1.9 million barrels per day in 2030. Lower-48 onshore oil production grows slightly through 2030 because high crude oil prices stimulate the growth in carbon dioxide enhanced oil recovery (EOR) production, which offsets the decline in the other lower-48 onshore oil production.

In the AEO2008 reference case, Alaska crude oil production (without ANWR) declines from 741,000 barrels per day in 2006 to about 520,000 barrels per day in 2014. After 2014, Alaska oil production increases due to the discovery and development of new offshore oil fields that are expected to be found off the Alaska North Slope.16 These new fields raise Alaska oil production to about 700,000 barrels per day in 2020. After 2020, Alaska oil production declines to about 300,000 barrels per day in 2030.

In all three ANWR resource cases, ANWR crude oil production begins in 2018 and grows during most of the projection period before production begins to decline. In the mean oil resource case, ANWR oil production peaks at 780,000 barrels per day in 2027. The low- resource-case production peaks at 510,000 barrels per day in 2028, while the high- resource-case production peaks at 1,450,000 barrels per day in 2028. Cumulative oil production resulting from the opening of ANWR from 2018 through 2030 amounts to 2.6 billion barrels in the mean resource case, 1.9 billion barrels in the low resource case, and 4.3 billion barrels in the high resource case.

What a load of BS.
I work for a Drilling company it's obvious this is another case of our government explaining something that they have no clue about.

Pat

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned.
When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot."
_ Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congress has it all worked out. The idea is to wait and not use our oil until the Arabs own all of it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

346 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 264mag, 160user, 320090T, 2500HD, 33 invisible), 1,466 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,866
Posts18,497,401
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.