Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by noKnees
Originally Posted by Calvin

In the last 8 years my salary has tripled, I've done amazing amounts of hunting/fishing. I'm basically living a dream. Why the hell would I want change? I love my life. I'm sorry your life sucks so much that you wake up every morning and curse GWB for your miserable life.

Id agree with that. I got an education, have a decent job, Own a home and a camp, pay my bills, save. I hunt, hike and waterski. Got a keeper for a wife, new baby girl. Im happy

My wife just read that and she has requested an edit.. so

Id agree with that. Got a keeper for a wife, new baby girl. I got an education, have a decent job, Own a home and a camp, pay my bills, save. I hunt, hike and waterski. Im happy

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
freakin editors heh? lol

holy smokes Walt and Calvin, my income has gone drastically up some years and down in others, all this time I thought it was me and the decisions I make. Freakin prez all along, who knew? (grin)

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by noKnees

In the last 8 years my salary has tripled, I've done amazing amounts of hunting/fishing. I'm basically living a dream. Why the hell would I want change? I love my life. I'm sorry your life sucks so much that you wake up every morning and curse GWB for your miserable life.

Id agree with that. I got an education, have a decent job, Own a home and a camp, pay my bills, save. I hunt, hike and waterski. Got a keeper for a wife, new baby girl. Im happy

The democrats keep telling me how bad my life is... I just don't see it.

You just need to start demanding that other people, via the government and NGO's, meet your needs instead of taking care of them yourself. Once you get over your fixation on self-reliance and personal responsibility, and fully enter the nanny-state, you will realize that you really are unhappy and unsatisfied, and that it's someone else's fault -- probably a Republican's, actually.

Then you'll be all set...for life-long misery.

Happiness pretty much is self-induced. As is good fortune.

I don't need a President to create a good life...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
The economic benefits of the $3200 that EVERY alaskan will be getting will be great. That is a lot of money going into the economy up here. It won't be wasted money. I believe the citizens know how to spend money MUCH better than the government ever will and can't/won't judge a person in how they spend their money.

I see government projects that don't make much sense, but the folks working them sure aren't turning down the paycheck...

Come on Calvin...

How about putting the excess money into something tangible that in 10 years we can all point to and say there it is! This money will provide a huge economic boost and if that was the intention it was money well spent. BUT in the process we are reinforcing out welfare state that the government will help us out with money when the going gets tough. How about sending that money to all of the school districts so they can pay for the huge increase that they are seeing in heating oil cost to keep the schools warm and open? That would be money well spent! The way Palin is handing it out most of it will be squandered on pointless things rather than on helping out with energy costs.

Last edited by northwestalaska; 09/02/08.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff
..... and Obama doesn't scare you, why aren't you shaking at the knees at his inexperience?

SPOT ON!
smirk

Gov Palin doesn't scare me for three reasons;

she's a quick study

she has integrity (and isn't a corrupt Chicago thug)

and exercises pretty damn good common sense with what she's accomplished.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Duck:

Chicago thug?? Where do yu find this stuff? I will bet you make it up as you go along just like Fox Noise!

Too Fu$%*ng Funny!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Blaine, come on man, they will never admit her expieriance. As a mayor she alreay beat Obama for executive expieriance. they are not gonna mention that she is a governor with an 80% approval rating after 20months. hell, thats 4 times higher than the democratic congress under Pelosi.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1akhunter

holy smokes Walt and Calvin, my income has gone drastically up some years and down in others, all this time I thought it was me and the decisions I make. Freakin prez all along, who knew? (grin)

At least now, when your finances get strained, you'll know who to blame.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Blaine, come on man, they will never admit her expieriance. As a mayor she alreay beat Obama for executive expieriance. they are not gonna mention that she is a governor with an 80% approval rating after 20months. hell, thats 4 times higher than the democratic congress under Pelosi.

As long as we get our PFD and a additional check I will give you a 80 rating!

Show me the MONEY!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Walt, please dont tell me thats your only defense. the PFD has been going for how long? and this rebate thing came about after she dropped in rating.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Duck:

Chicago thug?? Where do yu find this stuff? I will bet you make it up as you go along just like Fox Noise!

Too Fu$%*ng Funny!

Nobamma => William Aires

Nobamma => Rev Wright

And that's literally for "starters." Or are you too stupid to figure out the truth?

Even Herr Schlickmiester Bill Klinton in a moment of frustration accused Nobamma of being a 'Chicago thug.'

But wait, ole Bubba's not president anymore and his wife didn't get the party knod, so they're both irrelevent - aren't they?

Hacks like you NorthwestAlaska, are "honest" only when you think its to your advantage. wink

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Guys I am from Alaska and I think Sarah is a fine governor but her lack of experience scares the hell out of me! She will be one breath from the oval office and the way McCain looks he will not last 4 years if he is elected. Sarah’s lack of experience is the most frightening thing I can think of right now. The idea that McCain thinks her PTA experience is valuable is shocking. She has no international experience, no economic experience (just like McCain) and the idea that you can go from a mayor of a loosely organized city of less than 7,000 people to the presidency of the USA is of great concern.

I am not a big McCain fan but this is scary! What was he thinking?

Nervous north of the Arctic Circle!

Walt
At least she's BEEN a mayor.. At least she IS a governor.. OB's been nothing more than a junior senator who does nothing but (sometimes) attend meetings and (sometimes) votes on bills that may/may not become more worthless laws...

And you think Palin's inexperienced????

Your post is the laugh of the century..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Guys lets be honest, these dumbocrats are just plain scared, they spout off on Palin's lack of experience but yet she is more experienced than their number 1. Governors have executive power, something a senator(with 140 days of actual work experience) doesnt. Foreign experience? you mean like wanting to sit down with terrorists and talk things out? Obama is clueless....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by jorgeI
And a known anti-gun Marxist with ties to convicted terrorists, anti-american racists and admitted cocaine user doesn't? You have issues with priorities don't you? LOL! jorge

jorge,
do you actually believe the stuff you post or are just trying for the MRPA (Most Ridiculous Poster Award)?

You are, at least, entertaining.

I see you are keeping true to form with the leftist academia. Are you that ignorant? Read his book stupid where he admits to frequent cocaine & dope use and while you are at it watch the news once in a while. Do the names Olinsky, Ayers and Wright mean anything to you? How about the most liberal voting record in the Senate and his views on income redistribution, abortion, gun control to name just a few?

Being entertaining and accurate are obviously just two of the many attributes you lack. Go back to your research Poindexter before I take your lunch money. LOL!..jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The economic benefits of the $3200 that EVERY alaskan will be getting will be great. That is a lot of money going into the economy up here. It won't be wasted money. I believe the citizens know how to spend money MUCH better than the government ever will and can't/won't judge a person in how they spend their money.

I see government projects that don't make much sense, but the folks working them sure aren't turning down the paycheck...

Come on Calvin...

How about putting the excess money into something tangible that in 10 years we can all point to and say there it is! This money will provide a huge economic boost and if that was the intention it was money well spent. BUT in the process we are reinforcing out welfare state that the government will help us out with money when the going gets tough. How about sending that money to all of the school districts so they can pay for the huge increase that they are seeing in heating oil cost to keep the schools warm and open? That would be money well spent! The way Palin is handing it out most of it will be squandered on pointless things rather than on helping out with energy costs.

Schools staying open? Warm? Such liberal drivel.. In my town every kid 6th grade and up is given a 2k Mac laptop to use. Small classroom sizes, and a HUGE new school was built for a high school with the enrollment of 100. My parents were teachers and they would be in heaven if they had it as good as the teachers I've seen up here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Calvein come on!!!

I love my life and I also love what GW and the GOP has done with our economy! Uncle Ted and Dandy Don just keep pouring the bucks into the Bush and we have projects that we could never realize with a Dem in office. Hell we have a road into the tundra with Uncle Ted�s name on it and it goes no-where. The best part is the sucker was condemned this summer because it has caved in and is unusable!

The sad part is we will all suffer when this batch or criminal GOP group gets tossed out. Sarah�s $1,200 gift that I will receive next week is a fine example of money being thrown away. When the PFD and gas checks hits Bush Alaska, Alaska Airlines will be crushed with folks heading to Anchorage to spend like drunken sailors or like the GOP on steroids!

Quite your whining and return the money then.

And when the cash is gone we will all have our hands out asking for another government hand-out to pay for out oil bills.
We?? Maybe those that live in the bush/village's of Alaska. Speak for yourself.

Stupid Waste of Good Money! Please explain what a conservative is because in Alaska we have none!
If you think you represent the majority of Alaskan's views, your sadly mistaken.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Come on guys... you all don't take those silly "Bammy Thumpers Without Thinking" like bent and nwalaska seriously, do you?

I'm thinking that when guys like these two walk into a restuarant, and are known by others, there's a chorus of "checks please"

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sarah�s $1,200 gift that I will receive next week is a fine example of money being thrown away. When the PFD and gas checks hits Bush Alaska, Alaska Airlines will be crushed with folks heading to Anchorage to spend like drunken sailors or like the GOP on steroids! And when the cash is gone we will all have our hands out asking for another government hand-out to pay for out oil bills. Stupid Waste of Good Money! Please explain what a conservative is because in Alaska we have none!

Sarah Palin, unlike some, appears to believe that the resources of the State of Alaska belong to the people of Alaska. Therefore when extraordinary oil prices flooded the state's coffers with money -- she thought it appropriate to share our wealth with us, particularly since we are also paying the resultant high prices for energy. It's a truly progressive notion, in a Rooseveltian (TR, not FDR) sense. What has truly irritated the left about it is that a) it was her idea and not theirs; and b) it is equally applied to all citizens, instead of being granted to the "underprivileged" and withheld from the "rich". But make no mistake about it -- it's not a gift -- it's our damn money, because we live here and share ownership of the resources.

As far as your characterization of how people will spend the money -- I don't share your limousine liberal view of my fellow Alaskans. It's just as likely that Bush residents will "be heading to Anchorage" to get dental work done, visit the doctor, buy school clothes and supplies, and take care of other needs they have put off because they spent their disposable income heating their homes.

You have certainly revealed the sneering, condescending superiority you feel about your neighbors, haven't you? Pretty typical of liberals, in my experience. And not a little closet racism there too, isn't there?

Don't know where you came from, but you need to go back. I'm guessing where you came from you won't have to worry about what an actual conservative is like.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Blaine
- She cut taxes in Alaska

Tell me more about that! smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[quotenorthwestalaska] Come on Calvin...

How about putting the excess money into something tangible that in 10 years we can all point to and say there it is![/quote]

About the only thing I would approve of that would reduce the size of the check, of OUR money, would be funding the brown bear DNA study on the Kenai to get a realistic population count.

Otherwise, the govt. needs to stop stealing our money.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

430 members (160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 15,001 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,103
Posts18,541,811
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.