Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
EDITED

Last edited by lovesomeshootin; 09/05/08.

Disabled American Veteran. U.S. Army 2000 - 2007 Proud to have served.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm in the middle of two deals right now where I'm starting to wonder WTH is going on.

One is on this forum which wouldn't be too hard to find. Paid by PMO within a few days. No item. PMed. Said there were some delays but it would be shipped ASAP. Week later, no item. Another PM. No response. Further digging. Not the first time it took some time to get items shipped out after they were paid for. I don't understand how you can take someone's money and NOT take 20 min out of your day to get what they paid for on the way to them.

On another forum, paid for a rifle and scope. Sent PMO & FFL within 2 days of saying I'll take it. We're now a month later and still no scope or rifle. I did get one response back to my 5-6 e-mails saying it was shipped but that was almost a week ago and it still hasn't arrived at my FFL as far as I know. Seems a couple other people on the forum had the same problem.

Don't sell something if you can't ship it out in at least the same time it takes you to get paid. No way a buyer should have to wait WEEKS for an item they got payment to you within DAYS of. That's just not right.

I guess we'll see what happens but man is it frustrating.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I personally deal with just old guys on the forum who have been here for a while and have a proven track record.

Dealing with people with LOW post count can be dangerous.....

When Ronald Reagan was president, we had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.
Now that Barack Obama is president, we have NO hope and NO cash.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If you want to deal with me either buying or selling I WILL require a phone number. If nothing else if the deal goes sour you are going to hear from me day and night until the deal gets straightened out. I also discovered that you can actually find neighbors phone numbers via the web. Think a few calls to your neighbors might shame you into making a deal right???

"Tastes just like chicken"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Guy's I agree the "Good Guy's List" is USELESS! There is no way to search it for a name/handle.

But if it or if prefered a "Bad Guy's List" were set up as a seperate entitiy such as the "Classifieds" it could then be searched.

I've made this request a few times on deaf ears. I don't necessarilly agree with haveing such a thread, but if your going to have one at least have one that works! confused

Phil

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's the reality:

You are free to file a report with the U.S. Postal Inspector's office. They aren't required to do squat. This is WAYYYYYYYYY down on their lists of priorities. It's somewhere below "coffee break."

You are also free to contact the local police departments. See above.

No one is going to run out and get a "no-knock" warrant based on your allegation. Period. These individuals telling you otherwise are living in a fantasy world.

The only "for sure" legal recourse you have is to file misdemeanor embezzlement charges against the individual. And there are absolutely NO guarantees there either. The local prosecutor may not want to mess with you due to your proximity to his jurisdiction and you will be required to appear in court in THAT jurisdiction if charges are in fact filed. That's a FACT.

Reference the well-known internet gun scoundrel "Dana Reed," aka "dropdbombnow," etc.

Peer pressure is the best alternative. Short of that, there ain't squat that can be done. That's called REALITY.

This has been discussed before. It is primarily a civil matter.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1218936/page/0/fpart/1

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am cautious with folks with low post counts AND the majority of their posts are in the Free Classifieds. Be afraid, be very afraid...

RH

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by himmelrr
I am cautious with folks with low post counts AND the majority of their posts are in the Free Classifieds. Be afraid, be very afraid...

RH
Or maybe just do the ADULT thing and get some references.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I hope it wasn't me? I'm not in NC either. Don't believe its me but if I am mistaken please advise so I can rectify. I trade on several boards and am proud of my reputation here and elsewhere so I don't believe it is me. If it is and I am mistaken I will make ammends and admit my mistakes openly and more than makeup for my mistake. If it isn't me (I don't believe it is) I would appreciate my name being left out of derogatory statements as the mere similence of improprity can be quite damaging here on the web.

Snook

T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
It is not Snook. He had responded to the offer in the thread but I declined his offer as it had come in after a PM from someone else.
BTW- the someone else in NC is now promising brass.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You just confirmed why I should have left you on ignore. Changing titles is your trademark so I did it in your honor...

Your advice is as "dubious" as anyone elses.

RH

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Thanks for the "clearing of my name". I was about to have a mental breakdown trying to remember......Alzheimers at 38 is rough...LOL

Snook

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by himmelrr
You just confirmed why I should have left you on ignore. Changing titles is your trademark so I did it in your honor...

Your advice is as "dubious" as anyone elses.

RH
Life is never as neat and pretty as you'd like to imagine it. Acting like an adult and interacting with other adults obviously frightens you, so maybe it's best you build walls and erect barriers with respect to everyone who disagrees with you. I suppose I'll make do without your fawning "attention." tired

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
gotta agree on the delivery confirmation. too bad a few individuals can make it difficult for the mostly honest traders out there.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Guess I better start posting!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That one doesn't count Tip926..............

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Does this one count jobyjob

selling and buying is a roll of the dice

Clos

NRA Life Member

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Ya, good post clos.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have to disagree with the number of posts always being a red flag. I do not have many posts, and they are mostly in the classified section, but that is only because I am new. I have just discovered the fun that is collecting and shooting so I am trying to build my collection. I do not know enough to contribute to any knowledge based forums. I read those, but can't yet throw in my two cents. So, please do not lump all the low posters in with the Deadbeats.

that being said, I would love a Kimber pro carry II if anyone wants to sell one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IF what you say is true, exactly what good is the law?
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Here's the reality:

You are free to file a report with the U.S. Postal Inspector's office. They aren't required to do squat. This is WAYYYYYYYYY down on their lists of priorities. It's somewhere below "coffee break."

You are also free to contact the local police departments. See above.

No one is going to run out and get a "no-knock" warrant based on your allegation. Period. These individuals telling you otherwise are living in a fantasy world.

The only "for sure" legal recourse you have is to file misdemeanor embezzlement charges against the individual. And there are absolutely NO guarantees there either. The local prosecutor may not want to mess with you due to your proximity to his jurisdiction and you will be required to appear in court in THAT jurisdiction if charges are in fact filed. That's a FACT.

Reference the well-known internet gun scoundrel "Dana Reed," aka "dropdbombnow," etc.

Peer pressure is the best alternative. Short of that, there ain't squat that can be done. That's called REALITY.

This has been discussed before. It is primarily a civil matter.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1218936/page/0/fpart/1

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 204guy, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,971 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,614
Posts18,532,896
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.