Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Via, http//:www.rfth.org

SEP
But What About Victims of Rape and Incest?
"You shall not murder." - Exodus 20:13

Even some dedicated pro-lifers discuss exceptions to their stand against abortion. For instance, what about an unwed teenager who is raped? Or a victim of incest? Surely abortion needs to be considered then, doesn't it? While we certainly need to show great compassion and caring for anyone in that difficult dilemma, we also must recognize that we can never remedy one sin by committing another sin. Two wrongs never make a right.

For one thing, abortion is just not a solution to the problem; it only compounds the horror. Even if the child is aborted, the horrible psychological consequences remain. As Christians, we must go beyond stopping the abortion, we must also focus on the victims' other needs. Adoption is certainly important, but so is providing the mother with financial assistance, child-care options, health care, job training, and most of all - ongoing Christian counseling to help her deal with this horrible sin.

Even these services will not completely remove the devastation caused by rape. But abortion solves nothing; in fact it only adds to the victim's inner turmoil. No matter how horrific is an evil against man, God can always bring good out of that life situation when we seek to do things His way. Christianity is for life and victory over death.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

GB1

G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Those who would expect/force the victim of a viscious crime to endure full term pregnancy (pregnancy is a potentially life threatening condition) and give birth, are, indeed, the devil's partners.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Thank "God," Mary of Nazareth didn't have a "choice."

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GPA
Those who would expect/force the victim of a viscious crime to endure full term pregnancy (pregnancy is a potentially life threatening condition) and give birth, are, indeed, the devil's partners.

Your statement shows that you have completely failed to understand the moral issues at question. But why should today be any different?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
No, it is you who doesn't understand: You do not understand the plight of the victim! ..... Or, the plight of all the unwanted children born of such circumstances.

Your badmouthing me....and your further punishing of rape victims does not make you right. You are wrong!

I'd bet you are a proponent of capital punishment...right?

IC B2

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
GPA,
You are obviously a very dull tool that has not found his place in the shed. Want to see a "devil's partner" look no further than your own mirror.
My opinion is that if the baby is aborted then there are two victims of the rape. IMHO let the baby live and stretch the neck of the rapist.
I would also like to see some factual, TRUTHFUL, numbers on the number of pregnancies from a "true" rape; not some juggled numbers by pro-abortion camps.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by GPA
No, it is you who doesn't understand: You do not understand the plight of the victim! ..... Or, the plight of all the unwanted children born of such circumstances.

Your badmouthing me....and your further punishing of rape victims does not make you right. You are wrong!

I'd bet you are a proponent of capital punishment...right?

For my part, I am "not" a proponent of capital punishment any longer. Not since the advent of DNA testing and the discovery that a significan number of people currently serving on death row - and certainly a significant number of already executed prisoners - are most assuredly innocent victims themselves.

As a man, technically I have no voice in the matter, unless the embryo bears my genes. Unfortunately, even that has no bearing under the law, as the father has no voice either, if the woman chooses to kill her baby!

Make no mistake, calling it a fetus, or an embryo may make you feel better, but the emotional scarring the victim of the rape or incest may feel, will only be compounded by the guilt they experience later in life, every time they see a precious child and wonder what might have been.

You are an unimaginative man. Such is the pity. The law was conceived (pardon the pun) by unimaginative people.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"ve always wondered, in a perfect world each sexual encounter should lead to full term pregnancy.... yet it doesnt'. Body aborts its own... and then in a rape you involve the medical field and its wrong.... I dunno sometimes...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The usual problem with abortion 'discussions' is that neither side is willing to give an inch.
Killing babies is wrong. However, thare are circumstances where a reasonable person would give the ok for an abortion.
Sadly, one side says NEVER, and the other side says ANYTIME.

Lack of compromise will keept this issue going forever.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
As a pro-lifer, I'll give an inch. I'll give you abortions for every case of rape, incest and threat of harm to the mother. You give me the other 99.9999% of abortions. Deal?

Originally Posted by GPA

Does civilized society punish children for the sins of their fathers???? Would you kill the child making it also a victim of the rape??

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The usual problem with abortion 'discussions' is that neither side is willing to give an inch.
Killing babies is wrong. However, thare are circumstances where a reasonable person would give the ok for an abortion.
Sadly, one side says NEVER, and the other side says ANYTIME.

Lack of compromise will keept this issue going forever.

And, it's a prime example as to why religion and politics should never mix.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
but they always do..........always.

Sam......

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
And they always will. An individual's personal beliefs always carry over to the political arena as they tend to group with those of similar beliefs. Human nature.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
So the pro-lifers on this list could - say, support the "morning-after pill - yet continue to work to outlawing the "normal" type abortions?

That would at least be a step in the right direction.

The pro-choicers could push for manditory counciling sessions where women learn about the state od development of their fetus, and learn about the non-abortion options they have.

That would be a step in the right direction for them too.

EVERYONE, on both sides of the arguement wants to minimize abortions - that's a given.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
Even if the child is aborted, the horrible psychological consequences remain. [...] But abortion solves nothing; in fact it only adds to the victim's inner turmoil. No matter how horrific is an evil against man, God can always bring good out of that life situation when we seek to do things His way. Christianity is for life and victory over death.

One of the things that has stuck in my memory after my just-served Kairos weekend is an inmate, in one-on-one spiritual counseling with a clergy person, sobbing and screaming with the pain of having had an abortion at 17. She wanted to know if her baby is in Heaven, and was literally on her knees, wracked with sobs, unable to afford herself any kind of forgiveness for taking that child's life.

Choosing abortion is simply trading one unbearable pain for another... and killing a child as well.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Well said Penny.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GPA

Baloney. Once you have become pregnant and borne a child, tell me then about the "life-threatening condition" and how horrible it is. Having children is one of the things that women were made for. It is the most natural thing in the world, and in the vast, vast majority of cases, safe.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BCBrian
So the pro-lifers on this list could - say, support the "morning-after pill - yet continue to work to outlawing the "normal" type abortions?

That would at least be a step in the right direction.

The pro-choicers could push for manditory counciling sessions where women learn about the state od development of their fetus, and learn about the non-abortion options they have.

That would be a step in the right direction for them too.

EVERYONE, on both sides of the arguement wants to minimize abortions - that's a given.

Brian... For the second time in less than a week I find myself in complete agreement with you on an issue...

Is there some strange alignment of the planets, or what? grin

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
God knows the number of hairs on our head. He knew us before were were conceived in our mother's womb. God allows a child to be conceived.

Were I to become pregnant as a victim of rape, would I think that my plan was better than God's? That I was a better judge of whether or not that child should be born? What arrogance!

Things (both good and bad) happen for a purpose. God brings us through pain and suffering and brings something good and positive out of the situation. It warmed my heart to see the inmates last weekend realize this, and embrace it.

In my opinion, God decides when we are born, and when we die; He also decides who is born. It is not for us to mess with that, even though most of the time we do think (unfortunately) that we know better than God.

Penny

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Leave your desk and go count to 10,Bob!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,953
Posts18,519,323
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.