-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know a guy that is the product of rape. He is currently in Medical School. Just sayin'

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
Leave your desk and go count to 10,Bob!!

Oops! Hopefully I didn't make you angry.

It's okay for you to disagree with me, Bob. Honest it is. I'll still respect you in the morning. grin

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Angry at you...No Way...

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"ll play the other side, God brought the medical folks into this world, allowed them to be educated, and taught them what they know..... is that an extension of God? Kinda like the sermon joke, but I sent a sheriff, a boat and a helicopter during the flood.....

Its hard for me... I see both sides clearly. I also happen to know of more than a few miserable adopted children... and some that should have-- imho-- been aborted and we'd have been better off. Tis not my call, but a lot of it is not clear black and white....a lot of gray area or lack thereof the gray matter at times.

Is blocking contraception even a thought...I mean thats avoiding what should happen naturally and altering things....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So, it's okay to legislate it for all people of all religions because your belief in God tells you that it's wrong? And your religious beliefs tell you that you MUST remove free will from all people in regard to this?

Heck, my belief in God tells me it's wrong to worship false gods. So, by that token we must outlaw silly things like Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists, Hindu's, Muslims.. Can't allow free will to lead folks astray now. And Sunday worship will be mandatory, or we'll sic the religious police on them.

Personally, I'll go with advocating my beliefs in church and in person and go for keeping the government out of our lives as much as possible.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The counter argument to that would be say, human sacrifice. Just because your religion calls for human sacrifice doesn�t mean it should be allowed by law. That is why the �when life begins� thing is crucial to the debate on abortion.

If you can define any abortion as murder then you can advocate looking your daughter in the eye and telling her she has to carry her rapist�s baby to term.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Personally, I'll go with advocating my beliefs in church and in person and go for keeping the government out of our lives as much as possible.

+1

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Question: Does God decide who gets raped? What possible rationale could she use?

Would you as a mere mortal grant parental status...with all rights and privileges to the rapist? After all....he IS the father.

Back to God: Does she plan the many spontaneous abortions that occur? Again, what's the rationale? Why are some chosen to suffer? Why are some chosen to die?

Back to you: Why would you FORCE someone to suffer?...To be a victim, twice over?

We are sickened by the practices of some of these polygamy cults that force children to have children, and yet we say children of rape are OK. Go figure!

May God bless you in a way that you never encounter rape and/or have to deal with it.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Your stupidity has no boundaries.

Keep striving for the bottom, marblehead!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I would like to ask a serious question.

Why do Christians oppose abortion so much?

There is no prohibition against it in the Bible.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Leaving abortion as an option,in these situations, has always been part of the prolife stance. For most of us, me esspecially the abortion on demand menatlity is the crime, not the abortion itself. The abortion itself should be an option, not a solution, in any case of pregnacy resulting from rape or insect, just like in cases of a full term prgnacy being potentially a death sentace for the mother, or possibly if a know potential of a birth defect in the child. That is more a quality of life issue. The objection is to the women who use abortion as just retroactive birth control. If carried to the extent of the original poster then birth control itself is moraly wrong, what next the resurgence of the chastity belt?

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My problem with the "Leaving abortion as an option, in these situations, ..." is how do you only leave it open for these options?

Must there be a police report? A conviction? What? And if a police report, how the <bleep> do you prevent stupid girls from filing frivolous police reports just so they can get their abortion?

Either leave it open or close it all the way.. no good answer here. You either side with government intervention and the enforcement of your morals over everyone's free will, or go with allowing freedom of choice for the individual -- Freedom to choose right from wrong, good from evil.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BCBrian
So the pro-lifers on this list could - say, support the "morning-after pill - yet continue to work to outlawing the "normal" type abortions?

That would at least be a step in the right direction.

The pro-choicers could push for manditory counciling sessions where women learn about the state od development of their fetus, and learn about the non-abortion options they have.

That would be a step in the right direction for them too.

EVERYONE, on both sides of the arguement wants to minimize abortions - that's a given.

Brian, you promised you would stop this freaking trolling. By the way, WTF are you bozos up in Canada doing about murdering babies? Wholesale slaughter there too?

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let me put a twist on the conversation, if a rape victim is given a "morning after" pill, would this be considered an abortion, even if it was not even a diagnosed pregnacy?

I would suspect that most who consider outlawing abortion one day after conception would most likely be men or deeply religious. I'd understand it, but disagree with it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I would like to ask a serious question.

Why do Christians oppose abortion so much?

There is no prohibition against it in the Bible.

a serious question? Hardly. You knew the answer before you posted something this butt azzed stupid.

Sam......

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Thank "God," Mary of Nazareth didn't have a "choice."

Dan

I never heard that she was raped by Joseph? Please confirm!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
GPA Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Afraid of tough questions....so you just call names and throw darts. You will never change...never grow. I feel sorry for you...and anyone who must associate with you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let the people who are victims of rape or incest decide, not the Govt. or the thumpers. This along with anyone else, it's their choice, good, bad or evil.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a pro-choice Republican. I really don't care if people abort their fetus regardless of rape or incest. It generally isn't my conservative brethren running out and aborting children, at least I wouldn't think so.

In my twisted view, more people should get 'em; the Dems love 'em so let 'em get 'em. An abortion may possibly be one less child we taxpayers have to raise collectively (on welfare).

Those are my views, please don't tear me a new ass. eek

Wook

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,271
Posts18,486,613
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.