Hop To
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
The issue does affect men!

The baby being aborted may have been the person who would have cured cancer, President, home run champion, Mother Theresa,Billy Graham, Dale Earnhardt...who knows they aren't given a chance!

Mike
I was adopted. The abortion issue certainly had the opportunity to affect me.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is also the problem of inequality; if a man wants the child, but the woman wants an abortion, then the man can do nothing to stop her. However, if the woman wants the child and the man does not, he is on the hook for 18 years, living with the threat of imprisonment if he doesn't pony up the cash.

So I propose this; equality on both sides. If the woman has complete control over the fate of her child while it is still in the womb, then the spem donor should have complete control over whether or not he wishes to be responsible for the child. If he decides not to take responsibility, for whatever reason, and the mother insists on having the child, then she should be the sole responsible party. After all, she participated in the conception as much as he did. Why should the man be the one to live in indentured servitude to the mother?

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn
Doc, awesome posts. You have very clearly and eloquently said it for me, at least. Thank you.

Penny

Gee, thanks, Penny!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you can think straight enough to post what you did after several grueling days/nights in the emergency room, I want you as my doctor!!! laugh

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by RiverLady1
Shame on all of those who judge and call any female A Murderer for abortion when the child is conceived out of any molicious act.

Agains't my better judgement I'll comment one more time on this, since it looked more directed towards me than anyone else.

I really could care less what the circumstances of an abortion are when it comes to understanding what it really is.
When one or more people set out to destroy a human life, regardless of the circumstances, it is murder. They aren't defending themselves or family, as in protection or self-defense, they are simply killing another human being.

Whether it be science or religion who's doing the talking, there is no doubt when life begins and it is most certainly at conception.

Having an excuse for the act does not change the act itself. This isn't condeming or condoning, simply stating what is truly taking place. I think it's important for everyone involved to understand at least that part before they take a hard stance on either side of the debate. I also believe until you're a woman or man who has been faced with the choice, and really faced with it, you have a limited grasp on the situation, regardless of your beliefs.

Sarah Palin's decision to keep her baby with down syndrome is a perfect example of someone who truly had the decision to make. From that action alone, she's got more conviction than all the scumbags in DC ever thought about.
The far right would praise her for doing the "right thing", with most of them never having to make that decision themselves and the left are trying to figure out how to condem her, but they just can't.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by triggerguard1
Shame on all of those who judge and call any female A Murderer for abortion when the child is conceived out of any molicious act.

Agains't my better judgement I'll comment one more time on this, since it looked more directed towards me than anyone else.

I really could care less what the circumstances of an abortion are when it comes to understanding what it really is.
When one or more people set out to destroy a human life, regardless of the circumstances, it is murder. They aren't defending themselves or family, as in protection or self-defense, they are simply killing another human being.

Whether it be science or religion who's doing the talking, there is no doubt when life begins and it is most certainly at conception.

Having an excuse for the act does not change the act itself. This isn't condeming or condoning, simply stating what is truly taking place. I think it's important for everyone involved to understand at least that part before they take a hard stance on either side of the debate. I also believe until you're a woman or man who has been faced with the choice, and really faced with it, you have a limited grasp on the situation, regardless of your beliefs.

Sarah Palin's decision to keep her baby with down syndrome is a perfect example of someone who truly had the decision to make. From that action alone, she's got more conviction than all the scumbags in DC ever thought about.
The far right would praise her for doing the "right thing", with most of them never having to make that decision themselves and the left are trying to figure out how to condem her, but they just can't.

NO NO, it was not directed at you personally. It was ment for all I stated. I would have quoted you.:)

I applaude Palin for making the choice she did. However, some may not have the means to give a special child the care and nurturing the baby would need. Chances are, no would adopt the baby, so for some one without the means, the baby would be brought up by the state, and probably be miscared for and possibly abused and molested. Hmmm.......which is worse?

I know, if I were in my mother womb, and I had downsyndrom and my mother could ask me,

Shawn, you will be born with an illness,it will take time, money and special care to get you through life. I do not have those means. You would have to hope that some one else would love you, care for you and tend to your every need. It may not happen, so the state may have to take care of you. You will most likely be mistreat, and not cared for properly.

What do you want to do?

I would tell my mother to let me go.

Wildlife craves my mystical essence.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know, if I were in my mother womb, and I had downsyndrom and my mother could ask me,

Shawn, you will be born with an illness,it will take time, money and special care to get you through life. I do not have those means. You would have to hope that some one else would love you, care for you and tend to your every need. It may not happen, so the state may have to take care of you. You will most likely be mistreat, and not cared for properly.

What do you want to do?

I would tell my mother to let me go.

How very warm and fuzzy. However, babies in the womb cannot make those decisions for themselves, they cannot communicate in any fashion that can be understood by us. But you can bet your last granola bar that they want to live. When they are brought out of the womb, no matter what stage of development, every bit of their physiology is working to keep them alive. The fact that they are helpless, have Down's Syndrome, are premature, or just unwanted has no impact on that. That's why it used to be understood that a parent's duty, heck, an adult's duty was to protect the children.

Nowadays, with the coarsening of American culture, children are commodities and conveniences, just like microwave popcorn.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Before I was born my Dad was asked who should live my Mother or me because the doctors did not think they keep us both alive. The doctors really believed that only one of us could live. My Dad said if it comes down to it kill the baby and save my Mom. In other words, I almost became a partial-birth abortion. I never held it against my Dad, I thought it was the right decision and one I would have made if it had been me. Fortunately, I guess for us, both my Mom and I lived.

Abortion is a tough call and only the people directly involved can make the decision. Thought I'd share this for for whatever it's worth.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
and no doubt, God sees YOU in a different light as well.

What? Did you ask God? How do you know this? Did you get a memo? a telelgram, or did he email you?

It appears your response may be based on your beliefs.Is it not? If so, enoguh said. I already addressed that. It would be imoral for me to try and persuade you to believe as I do.

Thank you and the other gentlemen for proving my point and steelhead's. "protect me from your followers". I appreciate it.

I do think you both should put the stone down though, God see's it in your hand. Shame shame.

nope, my response was just a shot in the dark. Your silliness and self righteousness was just too blatant to ignore. May God also protect us from women on gun boards. laugh

Actually, I think you pulled it right out of your NARROW MINDED ARSE!!!!!!!

Self righteous? I think not. My belief isn't right, nor is wrong. Your's is not right, nor is it wrong.

SO GET OVER IT!!!

Dear God, Protect me from your shallow minded followers.

Seen this crap a hundred times. I am sure you are a nice lady, but if you want to play on a gun forum with the boys, understand that boys are different than girls, think different than girls, and will certainly respond differently than girls.
You seem to be catching up though, as you have shown yourself to be as big an azzz as most of the guys laugh

Sam......

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
If you can think straight enough to post what you did after several grueling days/nights in the emergency room, I want you as my doctor!!! laugh

Penny

Hmmm... most people don't want an ER doc for their doctor... we tend to be a little too frank and rough around the edges, 'cause we deal with the nasty stuff that shows up at oh-dark-thirty on a regular basis...

But, since you're such a nice person, OK. laugh

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Penny

Hmmm... most people don't want an ER doc for their doctor... we tend to be a little too frank and rough around the edges, 'cause we deal with the nasty stuff that shows up at oh-dark-thirty on a regular basis...

Oh, I don't know, when I worked in an ER, I preferred ER Docs. I mean, there was no BS from them. SURGEONS on the other hand were a bunch of egomaniacal buttheads.

www.oregonfirearms.org
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ebd10

Penny

Oh, I don't know, when I worked in an ER, I preferred ER Docs. I mean, there was no BS from them. SURGEONS on the other hand were a bunch of egomaniacal buttheads.

Depends where you work/worked... out where I am , surgeons are a precious resource. They might get cranky from time to time, but that's what goes with being a surgeon. My first choice before med school was surgery, but when I saw what they had to put up with from training on through a lifetime of practice, I said "no thanks".

Not a day goes by I don't wonder if I made the wrong decision, though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Frank and rough around the edges I can handle. smile The commute will probably do me in, though... cry grin

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
and no doubt, God sees YOU in a different light as well.

What? Did you ask God? How do you know this? Did you get a memo? a telelgram, or did he email you?

It appears your response may be based on your beliefs.Is it not? If so, enoguh said. I already addressed that. It would be imoral for me to try and persuade you to believe as I do.

Thank you and the other gentlemen for proving my point and steelhead's. "protect me from your followers". I appreciate it.

I do think you both should put the stone down though, God see's it in your hand. Shame shame.

nope, my response was just a shot in the dark. Your silliness and self righteousness was just too blatant to ignore. May God also protect us from women on gun boards. laugh

Actually, I think you pulled it right out of your NARROW MINDED ARSE!!!!!!!

Self righteous? I think not. My belief isn't right, nor is wrong. Your's is not right, nor is it wrong.

SO GET OVER IT!!!

Dear God, Protect me from your shallow minded followers.

Seen this crap a hundred times. I am sure you are a nice lady, but if you want to play on a gun forum with the boys, understand that boys are different than girls, think different than girls, and will certainly respond differently than girls.
You seem to be catching up though, as you have shown yourself to be as big an azzz as most of the guys laugh

Yes, and it appears you are a generous man. Thank you so much for proving my point again. I appreciate it. It was worth showing my azzz.

God bless.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Riverlady1
Yes, and it appears you are a generous man. Thank you so much for proving my point again. I appreciate it. It was worth showing my azzz.

God bless.

and evidently you Can't Understand Normal Thought lady.

God bless indeed laugh

Last edited by Mannlicher; 10/06/08.

Sam......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Riverlady1

God bless.

and evidently you Can't Understand Normal Thought lady.

God bless indeed laugh

LOL......Man, you're like the energizer bunny. You just keep proving my point over and over and over......LOL

Keep going, you're on a roll. LMFAO!!!!

Oh and love that maturity level. You da man!!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
still posting nothing but jokes I see.

Go play over at the woman's sewing circle forum, where you might just understand what is going on. You are clueless here.

I'll give you the last word though, since I am da Man. Now try hard to think of something intelligent for a change. laugh

Last edited by Mannlicher; 10/06/08.

Sam......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
still posting nothing but jokes I see.

Go play over at the woman's sewing circle forum, where you might just understand what is going on. You are clueless here.

I'll give you the last word though, since I am da Man. Now try hard to think of something intelligent for a change. laugh

LMFAO................

I can't even touch this. It's just too perfect.

Such a grand display.

However, I will say...........Thanks again, you are just too generous. LMFAO!!!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It was worth showing my azzz.
I missed that. PM please.

It might be the only worthwhile asspect of this exchange. smile

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This thread only reinforces my belief that religion is one of the worst afflictions of the human race.

I also question why we have soldiers fighting the Taliban when we have religious wackos and extremists in our own back yard...

In fact add a turban and a dodgy foreign accent, and you be had pressed to tell some of the religious zealots on here from their Taliban cousins...

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.