Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You want the proof marks or the receiver stampings in English?

I hate to tell you, but I set up a standard weight M1-A for a friend a few years ago, not the heavy match rifle, that shot 10 shots you could cover, outside to outside, with a 25 cent piece, using Radway Green, after about 40 shots adjusting the guide rod and bedding. Again, with iron sights at 100 yards.

Do you have an Enfield built as a sniper rifle?
What year? What kind of markings does yours have?
What kind of scope does yours wear?
It won't shoot sub MOA?
Do you know how to tune the bedding?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lee24
You want the proof marks or the receiver stampings in English?

Does it have Century Arms Import marks? , Pictures?................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Pictures...

This should be rich.

He hasn't produced a single original picture when asked.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by djpaintless
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
If you use variable power scopes,at what power setting do you shoot your tightest groups?

Just for giggles today, I shot groups at 9x, 6x, and 4x on my 3-9 Conquest. Interstingly, the groups got tighter as I went.

I then tried the same experiment with my 2-7 Viper, using 7x, 6x, and 4x. I noticed the same thing.

I'm beginning to think I should chuck 'em all, & go back to fixed 4x's! In the field, I've always got 'em dialed-down to the lowest setting, anyway.

What are your experiences?

FC

The opposite ........................DJ

DJ, nailed it right on the head on the first reply... and this has gone on for a week. hard to comprehend ?????????
B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Pictures...

This should be rich.

He hasn't produced a single original picture when asked.

Lee24 is a thoroughly proven Liar and internet poser. It is occasionally funny to read some of his absurd claims though. The M-70 Quality control thread was a classic.......................DJ

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Dood's pictures on the other hand are usually very well done.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I really want to stay out of this but have been keeping up with it.For me time to go shoot is hard to find so I dont go as much as I would like.I have been paying attention thinking to understand how to improve.I believe I may have a solution.I do tense up at higher magnification because of the wobble I am simply not comfortable with it.Im not making excuses just understanding the situation.The tighter I grip the more my hands hurt(arthritis).I think it is a consentration issue because not enough time at the range.I do envy you guys who get to enjoy shooting so much but for a lot of us the time and expense is not so easy to come by.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I got handed a Palma Match rifle once at 600 yards; had those very fancy peep sights(?);don't know if they magnify at all,or very much about them. I had never fired a Palma gun, but at 600 I hit the bullet marker 3 times straight. I don't know how small that is,but it was far smaller than 6".I got the impression the rifle was so damn accurate it was like cheating......

I like mule deer's response...I know in the field, out to 400 yards on anything from a large mule deer up,scope magnification above 4X is, for me superfluous.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Bob-- the marker that is SUPPOSED to be used at 600 is a 3 inch spotter disc...

DJ- reason no 800s, well there are 800s shot, but you know.... we get forced to do that offhand thing, I should have been more clear.... as long as I'm not on my feet, its easy to dump em all in the 10x ring.

I had also been under the impression the SMLEs were much more accurate out farther than up close in regards to MOA, but don't recall why. I don't know why I like them but have only one, and it shot around 1.5 inches with 303 ball at 100 the few times I've drug it out...

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I know you're brain-damage and grieving at leaving your little paradise have you somewhat shaken STEELhead, but I, for one, have posted pictures - of what is immaterial - and two, have never claimed to have something I don't have and failed to produce a picture when called on it.

Do try to keep up.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Bob-- the marker that is SUPPOSED to be used at 600 is a 3 inch spotter disc...

Jeff

Jeff: Yeah, it was about that size. I was amazed at what could be done with those sights.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rost, being in La Grange, TX do you ever come up and shoot with us at Oklahoma City Gun Club. I know a lot of guys from the Dallas Ft.Worth area do....................DJ

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

I know your brain-damage and grieving at leaving your little paradise have you somewhat shaken STEELhead, but I, for one, have posted pictures - of what is immaterial - and two, have never claimed to have something I don't have and failed to produce a picture when called on it.

Do try to keep up.

Pretty defensive, I just stated your pictures are better. I have seen your pictures, I haven't seen a single one from Lee.

Sorry you are so paranoid, good luck with that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually Lee24 has posted one picture. It was a picture of the inside of the FN factory showing a worker assembling a machine gun. He claimed that it was "one from his laptop".
Turns out the picture was copied from another website - it was documented from where he stole it.
All on the classic "New M-70 Quality Control Thread"....................................DJ

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Lee24 has posted the picture he lifted from the magazine. Now, unless you're blind, and we all know someone who can shoot 700 yds isn't blind, you saw that picture.

Pretty disingenuous of you. Good luck with that; I heard there's a 12-step program for it now, L.A.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I know your brain-damage and grieving at leaving your little paradise have you somewhat shaken STEELhead, but I, for one, have posted pictures - of what is immaterial - and two, have never claimed to have something I don't have and failed to produce a picture when called on it.

Do try to keep up.

Pretty defensive, I just stated your pictures are better. I have seen your pictures, I haven't seen a single one from Lee.

Don�t make a further fool, and liar, of yourself by claiming you�re doing anything other than attacking me.

First, from the bolded areas above:

My pictures on the other hand�.other hand from what? Lee24�s of course. D�oh.

Then you stated my pictures are �better.� Better means a comparison. The only other picture(s) being discussed are Lee24�s. In the same passage you claim not to have seen a single picture from Lee.

So, were you lying about seeing his picture or complimenting mine...or both?

Like I said, do try to keep up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
More magnification does help me shoot smaller groups, up to a point, and especially as the range gets longer.

However, lots of magnification can really mess with your head (esp at 100 yards) by showing you your wobbles. Since head heart and hands are so connected in this martial art, I could see how having your head messed with could mess up groups size... not speaking of any one person here, just a general observation.

But for ME more magnification makes smaller groups.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C'mon guys, lets only pic on the people that really deserve it smile ...................DJ

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Talking about really accurate rifles and good marksmanship to people who have never been around it, much less done it, is like an Olympic weightlifter trying to describe how to lift twice your weight overhead, to a bunch of couch potatoes who couldn't press 100 lbs. They think he's the one who is ridiculous.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Do try to keep up.

Don�t make a further fool, and liar, of yourself by claiming you�re doing anything other than attacking me.

First, from the bolded areas above:

My pictures on the other hand�.other hand from what? Lee24�s of course. D�oh.

Then you stated my pictures are �better.� Better means a comparison. The only other picture(s) being discussed are Lee24�s. In the same passage you claim not to have seen a single picture from Lee.

So, were you lying about seeing his picture or complimenting mine...or both?

Like I said, do try to keep up.

Wow, you are further gone than I thought. Seemed pretty clear in my first post. I have seen pics of some of your rifles, recall one with a new Zeiss maybe. Anyway, it was a big mamajammer with a 56mm objective.

Methinks you are getting twisted about nothing, but if it makes you happy carry on.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 1234, 59 invisible), 1,817 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,229
Posts18,524,760
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.