Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I put the extension spray tube on my can of Remington drylube and spray down between the forearm tube and forearm hanger. I would not use silicon lube as it can deteriorate some rubber and plastics.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
HR IC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
I put the extension spray tube on my can of Remington drylube and spray down between the forearm tube and forearm hanger. I would not use silicon lube as it can deteriorate some rubber and plastics.

thanks Dave. I took my 7600 apart last night. It is definitely the rubber o-ring causing the stickiness. I will try and get some of this lube locally but I am not confident any of the stores will have it. Anything else you would recommend?

"I am at heart a meat hunter."
John Barsness, The Life of the Hunt
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Colin, anything with teflon in it but no silicon. Graphite would work too. If the O-ring is tacky and you can find another one the same size and type I'd replace it. BTW, never mix WD-40 and regular oil because it will make a sticky mess over time.

Last edited by Dave_in_WV; 09/27/08.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Colin_Matchett

thanks Dave. I took my 7600 apart last night. It is definitely the rubber o-ring causing the stickiness. I will try and get some of this lube locally but I am not confident any of the stores will have it. Anything else you would recommend?

I use Rem-Oil on it...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
thanks guys. I found that rem oil did not seem to help, it actually seem to make it more sticky if that makes any sense. I will try some teflon. Good shooting!

"I am at heart a meat hunter."
John Barsness, The Life of the Hunt
IC B2

FVA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Your O ring might be swollen and in need of replacement.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
get a new o ring. They have them at Gander Mt. in a little package. I think there are two for $1.00 or $2.00. Since you already have the gun apart, it's worth your time.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kinda like the "Trailer Park Gun" thread going on here. Not a McSwirly amongst them, no turrets, & no bi-pods.

6 pages of totally un-cool fun. grin

FVA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"Trailer Park Gun"
LMAO
The trailer park gun would have to be NEF single shots.........perhaps Savage.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Always liked them, especially with the corn cob forend, but I've never hung on to one for long before it went down the round.

Maybe the next.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Kinda like the "Trailer Park Gun" thread going on here. Not a McSwirly amongst them, no turrets, & no bi-pods.

6 pages of totally un-cool fun. grin

Maybe we're an un-cool lot. shocked confused

But we're happy. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Always liked them, especially with the corn cob forend, but I've never hung on to one for long before it went down the round.

Maybe the next.

Ditto

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I grew up in NW Pa and the Remmie pumps were popular. My big gro had one but I can't remember the caliber. May have been a 243 as that was his default deer caliber. I am thinking along the lines of looking for a carbine length 30-06 with the synthetic stock unless a smoking deal comes along on a wood stocked version. I looked at one last week and liked the handling of it.

Also saw recently a "police" version of the 7600 in 308 with a receiver sight and a 16 1/2" barrel and that was very handy looking.

Like those shorter barreled rifles for the slightly better handling but also like still having good punch for a longer shot.

Dang, just when I thought I had my hunting battery situated...

Be safe

Patty

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Dang it, I just bought an ANIB 7600 carbine in 30-06. One of the ones with the synthetic stock and matte finish... I talked myself right into it. Bet you saw it coming. Now I need a big slug of different .308 bullets to load up.... Did I mention I really like 30-06.......

Need to find a mount for it and put a Leupold vxIII 1.5-5x on it that is just sitting on the shelf... Should be fun to blast away with.

Be safe

Patty

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I use Talley light weight one-piece rings on my 7600.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You guys motivated me smile .

I went downstairs and pulled out my carbine from the safe. It's getting the nod for the opener this year. I haven't played with it in about a month so it's going to the woodlot with me tomorrow.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Well, my 7600 carbine came in and I am looking forward to mounting the scope tonight or tomorrow, as soon as I get some mounts. A very handy feel to it and I cycled several mags of loaded ammo through it snikety slick... The plastic stock looks, errr, plasticy but is a decent shape save for the cheek piece. The metal has matte finish has a coarse blasted feel to it and I like that.

I may add a thin pad to elevate my cheek a smidge. I will take a pix or 2 and try to post it comparing it to my Marlin 1894ss. The only pix now is:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=111429873

It is about an inch longer than the Marlin and they feel about the same weight.

A spare mag or 2, run a couple hundred rounds through it sighting the scope in 1.5" high at 100 and the irons at 50 and call it ready for duty this year. Hoping for decent accuracy with 150/165's and 180/200's.

Going to try core lokt's as they are about $6 a box after rebate and may try the Federal power shoks as well as they have a rebate too that are about $7 a box, post rebate. I will likely wait till after deer season this year to work up some loads it likes unless I stumble onto a good deal on bullets. It would be nice if it shot 125/130's well too, but I have set the accuracy bar pretty low expectation wise. I'd welcome any pet loads for a 30-06 7600 that any of you may have sussed out.

I am going to use this as my main gun for deer this year when my big bro and I head to Pa. and will be used as a spare/trunk gun/backup in the future. It may replace the 1894ss as my general purpose blaster if it shoots well. We shall see about that.

More to come...

Be safe

Patty

Last edited by achildofthesky; 10/22/08.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
[Linked Image][Linked Image] This is a bit different 7600. I had the trigger reworked, action engraved, & installed a 6X42 Leupold w.Premier Reticle. I used this gun to shoot 6 black bears & well over 100 boar/hogs. A 225/250G. Partition or X-bullet was used in hand loads. Functions beautifully.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by achildofthesky
Well, my 7600 carbine came in and I am looking forward to mounting the scope tonight or tomorrow, as soon as I get some mounts. A very handy feel to it and I cycled several mags of loaded ammo through it snikety slick... The plastic stock looks, errr, plasticy but is a decent shape save for the cheek piece. The metal has matte finish has a coarse blasted feel to it and I like that.

I may add a thin pad to elevate my cheek a smidge. I will take a pix or 2 and try to post it comparing it to my Marlin 1894ss. The only pix now is:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=111429873

It is about an inch longer than the Marlin and they feel about the same weight.

A spare mag or 2, run a couple hundred rounds through it sighting the scope in 1.5" high at 100 and the irons at 50 and call it ready for duty this year. Hoping for decent accuracy with 150/165's and 180/200's.

Going to try core lokt's as they are about $6 a box after rebate and may try the Federal power shoks as well as they have a rebate too that are about $7 a box, post rebate. I will likely wait till after deer season this year to work up some loads it likes unless I stumble onto a good deal on bullets. It would be nice if it shot 125/130's well too, but I have set the accuracy bar pretty low expectation wise. I'd welcome any pet loads for a 30-06 7600 that any of you may have sussed out.

I am going to use this as my main gun for deer this year when my big bro and I head to Pa. and will be used as a spare/trunk gun/backup in the future. It may replace the 1894ss as my general purpose blaster if it shoots well. We shall see about that.

More to come...

Be safe

Patty

That's the exact same rifle I want with the same 1.5 Leupy. Just wondering if the new 7600's come with the new R3 recoil pads?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
elelbean:

The recoil pad is not a R3, but a fairly dense rubberesque sort. I may change it out as it might be a rock when cold... With an '06 class cartrige, prolly not a big deal but if I can make life less jarring for $25 then it will get done. I believe the pad for most rem synths will work but I need to confirm that. I AM ordering the sling mount off the police model that mounts inplace of the fore end screw.

Be safe

Patty

Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 20 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,286
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.