Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
. He received degrees from Brigham Young University (1975)

right wing wacko nut job! just like ol Joe the plumber. wink

This guy is toast.

Jeff

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RickBin
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Apparently, Rush discussed this article today as well.

The same Rush who said that if McCain was the GOP presidential nominee that he would destroy the Republican party,.. yet is now giving McCain raving support on his radio program every day?

Yeah,... ole' Rush is just the guy you want to listen to about journalistic credibility.

Rush is besides the point.
rb

Then why did you bring him up?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RUSH: I understand what you're saying. I hate to tell you this, but she's not alone. I'm here to tell you, if either of these two guys get the nomination, it's going to destroy the Republican Party, it's going to change it forever, be the end of it. A lot of people aren't going to vote. You watch.

Well McCain did get the nomination and he if does lose, wouldn't you have to say he has damaged if not destroyed the Republican party?

With the "fairness in broadcasting" doctrine, the appointment in justices, the re-zoning that will go on everywhere, the propaganda that will go on unchecked, legalizing all the illegals into democrats...ya, if the GOP loses I would say they are ruined for a while...doesn't mean I or Rush wants to see that happen or won't now support what stands in the Democrats way.

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I explained why I brought him up.

"Rush is besides the point. In fact, I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh. I just mentioned that he'd brought it up because he was on one of the pages linked, and I thought it was a good thing that the article had been disseminated that widely today."

What? Did you miss the rest of the post?

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
appreciate you linking the article Rick

but am thinking there's 3-4 guys here that are NEVER gonna buy a scope or a Mickey from you because you did!

course I doubt if those 3-4 ever have or intended to do so.

great article by what appears to be a man of some integrity.

I know they are out there, honest journalists, honest politicians, honest used car salesmen. but dang they appear to be pretty well the minority.

it's why I like it here, guys speak their mind, disagree and carry on, the classifieds are a good example of the caliber of folk here.

think how many deals have gone down with hundreds and sometimes over a $1000 just on a man's internet word.

tis a very small percentage that have been handled poorly and an even smaller percentage of outright fraud.

speaks volumes to me of the kind of guys that hang out at Rick's joint.

does my soul good to know there's guys out there that their word is worth more than money to them.

glad to see a rare journalist decide his journalistic integrity trumps his personal desires.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Damn. There's an honest journalist out there? And he's a DEMOCRAT?????

As to the Fannie Mae/ Freddie Mac meltdown, there is an interesting Fox News article out today- titled " Freddie Mac Tried To Kill Republican Regulatory Bill In 2005". And in fact did. I printed it off at work today for my wife to read- said wife bases her vote on 30 second sound bites and the NEA position- the lying bastids ( I'm a member, too).

True, the article doesn't designate the all-rules-off, lend-to-low-income-at-any-cost mandate of the Clinton Admin, i.e. "move those poor (literally) bastids into ownership-housing-at-any cost, even if they an't afford it, but it does specify what went wrong since-basically, some Republican congress-persons sold out for campaign funds.

Sorry I can't throw a link up here, but just go FOX news, Politics - you will find it.

1} ALL the Democrats in Congress were opposed to Chuck Hagel's ( worthless POS Senator, otherwise) bill to impose some accountability on the FM/s- McCain signed on 5 mo later.

The Dems were opposed because it 'discriminatecd" against low-income people- who couldn't, after all, afford to be owners... which of course led to a "boom" driving prices of$150,000 homes to 200,00 or more, no money down, variable interest (bad idea!) loans...... It was a feeding frenzy for CEO's, etc. "earning" bonuses for "performance".

FM gave a lobbying firm $2M to "target" 17 Republicans by getting major finacial donors to write letters opposing any regulations to the FM's. This, of course, worked in the favor of the senoir officers and CEO's,"performance bonus" - wise, etc.

Read it.

The bastids ought to be drawn and quarterd, then hung. Mind you- they are Republicans- the Dems were all true to their half-azzed philosophy!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shreck
Orson Scott Card, good si-fi writer. Excellent article.

One of my favorites. His novel "Enders Game" is required reading at the US Naval Academy. Too bad this article isn't for all those voting Nov 4.
ETA for all the good it'd do.

Last edited by JScottRupp; 10/23/08.

Jeff

I'm NOT the JScottRupp of Wolfe Publishing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
John Swinton, the foremost journalist of his day, was asked to toast an independent press at a New York banquet given in his honour by other journalists. His response was clear and forthright:

�There is no such thing, at this stage of the world�s history in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dare write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinions out of the paper I am connected with. Other of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my papers, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

�The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men.

�We are intellectual prostitutes.�
John Swinton, New York 1890.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Great find, AH!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I should make mention of the date. This problem has been around for a while...

1890 in case anyone overlooked it.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The article attempts to place all the blame on the Democrats for the housing/financial crisis while absolving the Republicans from any responsibility.

Consequently, it's a classic example of the journalistic dishonesty that it's pretending to identify.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Apparently, Rush discussed this article today as well.

The same Rush who said that if McCain was the GOP presidential nominee that he would destroy the Republican party,.. yet is now giving McCain raving support on his radio program every day?

Yeah,... ole' Rush is just the guy you want to listen to about journalistic credibility.

You are SUCH a [bleep] contrarian moron Bristoe. Rush is clearly on the record as supporting McCain because he is a much better option (in his opinion) than a marxist for president as well as his support for Palin. He still voices his disagreements with McCain on a daily basis and he's NEVER said he's a journalist, billing himself as an entertainer. In fact he gets several phonecalls every day from folks chastizing him for being too critical of McCain. There is no "Neo" in Rush. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Oh yeah!,.. Rush is a veritable bastion of balanced reporting of the news all-right.

Anybody who says otherwise is a "[bleep] contrarian moron".

lol,...

At this point, Rush is only good as satire. He's a ridiculous cartoon.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't recall where I said Rush was "balanced", far from it, but given your limited grasp of things I understand. Rush IS very good satire indeed, but given his impeccable conservative credentials and your liberal-anarchist philosophy, your disdain for him is understandable. Oh and I detect no class envy there...right. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is an excellent column, by a reknowned liberal ...

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Oh and I detect no class envy there...right. jorge

It's impossible for a toolmaker from Kentucky to posess "class envy". We're already at the top.

I envy people who don't have arthritis, but that's about it.

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ad hominem attacks on Limbaugh don't affect the article in question. It's just a convenient diversion.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, a link to the article appears on DRUDGE REPORT this morning.

I hope it gets read by a hundred million people!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Ad hominem attacks on Limbaugh don't affect the article in question. It's just a convenient diversion.

Calling Limbaugh a satirical cartoon isn't an attack.

It's just an accurate observation.

Anyone who is as one sided politically as Limbaugh is, is impossible to take seriously.

Every single day, his program is one long sustained rant against whoever happens to oppose the GOP.

After 8 years of what the Bush administration has produced, anyone who continues to sing their praises while attacking anyone and anything who questions it begins to sound stupid.

Rush started sounding stupid a long time ago.

RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Great article!

It's on DRUDGE too!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (375sunrise, 450yukon, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 21 invisible), 1,962 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,507
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.