-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Pat<P>Actually the structuring of the Army MOS system was built on levels and different areas of types of service as well as titles. It can be very confusing to most anyone. If you hold my DD214 at arms length it looks like some kind of coded document. As I understand it the Army now has abandoned the old system and replaced it with one similar to what the Marines use. By the way where do you think I came up with my new signature? <P>------------------<BR><B>"Old dogs never die, we just get meaner!"</B>

Walk softly and carry a big stick. Prefferably one that shoots big bullets.
GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
HMMMMMMM<P>Thanh Phong, Vietnam, May 7 (Bloomberg) -- Former U.S.<BR>Senator Bob Kerrey's account of his unit's raid on a village<BR>during the Vietnam war, where up to 20 unarmed civilian were<BR>killed, has been disputed by two residents, the Washington Post<BR>reported on its Web site.<BR> Bui Thi Luom, 12 at the time of the attack in the Mekong<BR>Delta region on Feb. 25, 1969, said the Kerrey's soldiers ordered<BR>herself and 15 others out of a bunker and shot at them at close<BR>range, the paper said. Kerrey, who was 25 at the time, has said<BR>that his seven-strong unit only shot at villagers after receiving<BR>fire, the paper reported.<BR> Pham Thi Lanh said she saw American soldiers cut the throats<BR>of an elderly couple, almost decapitating them, the paper said.<BR>Kerrey was given a Bronze Star on the basis of a false report<BR>stating his unit had killed 21 Viet Cong members in the attack,<BR>the paper reported. He was given the Medal of Honor, the highest<BR>U.S. military award, for his part in a subsequent action.<BR> The former Nebraska senator has faced questions about the<BR>operation since Gerhard Klann, member of his unit, told the New<BR>York Times and CBS News's ``60 Minutes II'' Kerrey had ordered<BR>women and children to be rounded up and shot. Kerrey said last<BR>month he wouldn't run for the presidency in 2004 and felt<BR>``shame'' over the incident.<P>(Washington Post 5-7)<P>

D
D
Big war hero. Just another lying liberal dummycrap.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Having been where hes at and got the TShirt, I had a lot of things to say in the last couple of Posts. Big problem is No ONE got to read them. Kerry was in what is called a Free Fire Zone. There are not supposed to be any Civilians there. Half the Body count in RVN came from indigenous Personell. I probably hit a couple by accident myself.<BR>With Politics aside, Kerry would be under investigation for War Crimes right now and well should be. I don't believe the Gook witness' as any Grunt worth his Salt never leaves a future trigger puller behind. I don't believe that throats were cut, it is very Messy if you have ever seen it. I do believe that Kerry and his guys killed Civilians that supported the NVA/VC faction. SO what. I do object to him accepting an award for capping a bunch of Papa sans, Mamma sans, baby sans and the Water Bulls too. War is not fun, it is not pretty and you do things you normally wouldn't. He lost his leg there, but I was in a Non abulatory ward with lots of guys without running gear.<BR>Big thing is their Daddies didn't buy them the CMOH. I hope this Post doesn't offend the Powers that be. because evidentally the last three did.

Glass frogs only jump once.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Inspector:<P>No one here deleted your posts. Simple as that.<P>It bears repeating, we don't play those games here. No spamming, no post deletion. We've been known to close a thread when the major players request it, and we've deleted a post or two when the poster requests it or with their consent. But aside from those rare exceptions, we don't moderate. If we did, there are a few posts in this very thread that would have earned an 86.<P>Relax, will ya.<P>Rick Bin<p>[This message has been edited by RickBin (edited May 07, 2001).]

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
well much has been said about this issue well i feel like i should put in my two cents i live in nebraska i do not like bob kerry and i never voted for him. but with what he did during the vietnam war what the HELL do people expect everyone knows that civilians get killed in war and those civilians that were killed were in the way cause bob kerry and his unit were returning fire at the viet cong who used their own people as shields. this last statement may offend some people but this is just my two cents the civilians that were killed no great loss they were just untrustworthy vietnamese so why should we as americans believe anything they say.

OSAMA BIN LADEN YOU WILL BE MEETING ME VERY VERY SOON.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
rick,<BR>i thought I was the only 86'd in the group, no need for anyone else to get it. I hope I never get the 86 here. As far as this topic goes I am all for Kerry.

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Strange times,make people do strange things.<BR>Anybody else seen the elephant and kicked his ass?<BR>Armchair quaterbacks are a dime a dozen.Mr.Kerry has done what he done,and joined the list of folks that can kiss my hairy butt.However his tour of duty is hands off for me and the vets I know.<BR>****in' contests are different times and places,and folks that ain't had to choose in the heat of the moment,have no business judging them for their actions.<BR>Especially when they enjoy the fruits of the effort of those under the microscope.<BR>I worry that I might have done the same that he is accused of,in the same situation that he is purported to have been in.<BR>Regardless what he is now politically,I am in his debt,and so are the rest of us.<BR>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
D
D
and i am in tim mcveighs debt for what he did for our country

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dingbat, that was a little different. He deliberately planned out and carried out his bombing. <BR> Mr. Kerry was in the heat of battle and did what he thought he had to do to get his men out alive. It is a lot easier to judge people's decisions 30 years later than to be in the same situation ourselves.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
IC B3

D
D
are you saying kerry didnt plan and carry out his mission. same difference to me.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yeah, I'm sure there were a lot of green tracers, rpg's and mortar rounds arcing out of the Murrah building at his coward *ss. <P>------------------<BR>Shoot straight and often!

Shoot straight and often!
D
D
o ic then you agree dat mcveigh did the right thing.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
sorry deal, but the world turns. McVeigh, or whatever. Well, you wern't there! Well, who defines war and warriors. maybe our country is always at war, and there is always a victim. Clinton and Bush senior thought it was fine entertainment to bomb and kill from a comfortable distance, Clinton in particular, but Bush had his 100 billion "desert storm". McVeigh bombed a federal building with a van full of fertilizer. Clinton bombed aspirin factories and Kosovo, and Afganistan with zillion $$ bombs and missles to distract public attention from an indiscreet blow job. Is war different face to face or dropping smart bombs from 30,000 feet? Kerry fup ducked. He knows it. He will die young, and his MOH is. . .whatever. Aedes

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Dingbat, you've chosen a fitting handle if you actually believe that McVeigh did the right thing. He in NO way helped better this country. You don't go blowing up buildings, and killing innocent civilians in your own country because you believe the government has done something wrong. You don't have that right and those people in NO way were connected to what the government did at Waco or Ruby Ridge. I don't know all the facts of Ruby Ridge, but I think the government did nothing wrong at Waco. The "Branch Dividians" messed up when they opened fire on the ATF serving a warrant for illegal firearms. After those ATF officers were killed what the government should have done that day is blow the whole compound to hell. Anyways, it's absurd to believe McVeigh is right, hell he's not an American to do something like that.......GH

D
D
i thought mcveigh wes in the army or something so he ias an american

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WOOOOP WOOOOP WOOOP Troll alarm WOOOOP WOOOOP WOOOOP.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong we're gone. Have fun? -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dingbat, I think it is impossible to plan something out in the heat of battle. Kerry did have a mission, yes. I seriously doubt that his mission was to go kill the civilians. <BR> As for McVeigh, I thought (hoped) you were being sarcastic. Do you seriously call killing 168 people, children included, doing the right thing? <BR> There are a lot more peaceful ways to go against the government.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys:<P>Well, I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but, in a more positive light, howabout if you guys all check out the contest and see if we can't start some different posts.<P>I mean, this one's here, ain't going nowhere, but isn't it kinda depressing after a while?<P>Just looking to liven things up and give away some stuff.<P>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,658 guests, and 1,414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,073
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.