Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hi all:<P>OK, I've been mulling some directional changes in the whole format of the website and the BB in particular. I want as much input as I can get from you all, because it's yours.<P>So what do you like best about the Campfire? What keeps you coming back?<P>What do you dislike the most about the Campfire? What changes would you make if you could? How can we improve?<P>What do other websites offer that you'd like to see here? Would you like to see an upgrade to the BB software, for instance?<P>Looking for everyone's opinion here, folks. I promise your feedback will be super important when we consider where to take the Campfire next. That's the whole point of this poll.<P>Thanks a bunch.<P>Rick<P>

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rick, I must be easy to please, because I like everything about the forum. I appreciate the inclusion of the backpacking, flyfishing, and bowhunting sections.<P>I know these are a lot of work to maintain, yet get little traffic compared to the big game board.<P>I find the format perfect. The moderation has been good.<P>I return because of the posters here. The reason is perfectly selfish. I like hanging out with the group, and learn a lot. A lot of these guys have lived my dreams, and sometimes I can offer something beneficial to the discussion. This is priceless stuff.<P>Thanks for asking. Talus<P>

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Hi Rick. I like the speed, and layout of the forums. I can log on, and jump around quickly to where I want to go. I can't do that at Hunt America. Second, I like the folks that post here. They are here because you are flexible, and availible. I have no suggestions for improvements. E

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Rick,<P>I'm with Talus. Well laid out, easy to use, laid back atmosphere. I can say stupid stuff here, and only get flamed if I'm way outta line [Linked Image]<P>My ONLY request would be an Alaska hunting section...but I may be biased about this...<P>John

"If a little's good, a lot's better, and way too much is just right!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick,<BR> <BR>Don't change a thing! I like it the way it is. I feel like we're all friends here, and can carry on candid discusions about almost anything we want. Other than a few guys taking things too serious, this is a great place to debate, or just B.S. about the things we all hold dear. <P>I do feel we all owe you our thanks for keeping the Campfire up and running, and giving us a place to put our freedom of speech into practice. THANKYOU.<BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I am also pleased with what you have done for us. Only thing I can think of to add might be a live chat like the un-named site. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rickbin,<BR>Don't change a thing. I really like the way the layout is also. This is really the first site I have check out, and as far as I'm concerned, I'll leave when I get kicked out. <BR>I like the people that post here, they can relate to me and I can relate to them. I feel I learn from others experiences and learn by asking questions. I also learn a lot from questions that people ask and the replier.<BR>What keeps me coming back is the info I reciece from other hunters. I don't know them personally, but I feel a sense of friendship on this site. I also come back because of all the funny things people say on here.<BR>So again I feel like most of the other guys, Don't Change a thing.<BR>86

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Rick,<P>No changes required in my view. I don't <BR>participate much, but that's because I'm<BR>too darn busy.<P>Dave

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My observations would be this. 1) the big game board is the best I've seen and the camraderie is the best. The posters make a real effort to get to know one another. The other sites totally miss this. 2) Different sites dominate in different subjects. e.g. 24 hr has the best Big Game, Hunt America has a more active Africa board, The coffee shop has the most active gundog board and shooters has the best rimfire board. I still like best the shooters.com format. Cheers, pak

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
S
S
Looks good to me.I am with every body else...Ss...<P>------------------<BR>Florida by Birth-Georgia by Choice

Florida by Birth-Georgia by Choice
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Once I got used to it I think it is just fine. The Reason I come here is the people.,,BEARHUNTER<P>BTW,,If it does change I will just adapt and get used to that too.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Rick,<P>The speed is great.<BR>There are boards to cover most subjects, another plus.<BR>The people are great (for the most part) [Linked Image]<P>One addition I would suggest:<BR>If there is a way to see who posted on what topics from yesterday till today, that would take less time versus having to load every topic and go look. Another BB that I visit has this feature within each range of topics and it makes it nice to look at all the posts made from yesterday. Maybe I confused you here, not sure if I said that very well. <P>I do enjoy the moderation of these boards and the fact that an "opinion" is just that and no personal attacks allowed (such as some boards allow). <P>Don [Linked Image]

Groove Bullets - Get in the Groove
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
<BR>Rick, I came over from Shooters with most of these hooligans and I had to adapt to the new format a bit. After I got used to this format, I really like how it runs. It is much smoother and faster than most of the sites I have visited and I love the feature of posting pictures. Any of my complaints would be so small as to be insignificant, so as far as I'm concerned, leave it just the way it is for now- unless you come up with some really super, knock-our-socks-off upgrade that can be changed over to seamlessly (fat chance) [Linked Image]- <BR>While I'm at it, thanks a lot for being so responsive every time we have needed something, including the few times I've had a minor complaint or problems with another poster- you've always handled it in a firm, but gentlemanly manner. I really appreciate it, and the character of the board seems to follow your example (I know from experience that most of these guys aren't usually this polite!) [Linked Image]. That is what makes this board so great- not the techno-wiz upgrades that come along at lightning speed in cyberspace. Keep on trucking!- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm satisfied. Thanks

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Rick,<BR>I also have no complaints what soever about this bored..i learn alot and give input wherever i can.. i have felt welcome here from my first post... and thats something other boards dont do.. this is the best hunting forum out there..thanks for the hardwork.<BR>YoungHunter<P>------------------<BR> MARLIN 35Rem. THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!

MARLIN 35Rem. THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I agree with most of the above. The quality of the posters is the reason it is such a great place. Do not really want to see it get bigger for fear it will water down the quality. People will get tired of running through so much and will post less on the whole. It would also take too much time to wade through in the short time I give myself on this site daily.<P>Must agree with John Calhoun, a page for Alaska hunting would be good.<BR>art<P>------------------<BR>Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rick, Agree with all the others. Great the way it is. Only change I would suggest is a cronilogical listing of responses. That way you can read all posts each day, versus going to each topic and scrolling down to the latest responses. Keep up the great work and thanks for giving us a decent home. TM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think this site is great and I thank you for all the hard work you do. And a quote <B>"leave it just the way it is for now- unless you come up with some really super, knock-our-socks-off upgrade that can be changed over to seamlessly (fat chance)" [Linked Image]</B> Really it is great as is, <B>it's the people not the bells and whistles!</B><P>------------------<BR><B>T LEE</B><BR>Remember: There is no such thing as OVERKILL. Just a generous margin of SAFETY! <P><B>APATHY!.........Freedoms greatest enemy!</B>

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Although I don't post often, I do enjoy the atmosphere here more than any other board I have visited. Being a techno-dummy I have no idea of what to suggest to change. I would like to thank you for a board that allows its' members to vent, have free discussion and in the end, can't wait to come back to the fire.<P>Wall<P>------------------<BR>"...please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all evil and disaster!"<BR>I Chronicles 4:10

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Rick,<BR>I like things the way they are, frankly. Especially the topic listing, as opposed to the chronological listing some other boards use. I follow some topics and not others and can quickly and easily check for updates this way. <BR>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

464 members (1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1badf350, 163bc, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,119 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,219
Posts18,504,151
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.