Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've heard it gets interesting if you put Bart and Billy in the same room, introduce a little alcohol.................................

grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Their reputation precedes them, and they can live up to it and then some grin

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just to make sure I'm following along - we have those with no experience second-guessing those with no experience second-guessing Chesley Sullenberger.

Does that about sum things up?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
amx1047 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Blaine, did you ever receive a medal of honor?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey toothpick, why are you deleting posts? Exactly the reason I quoted your earlier comments....

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Joel... You have to understand one thing. It works diferently in the civilian world then it does the military. In the military rampers are competent, well trained, and do a great job. In the civillian world I deal with idiots who don't give a chit about their jobs or the $7.50 an hour they make. The problem is we deal with that every day, its actually suprising when we get a good ramper with any kind of work ethic. We can always tell when we get a military guy who martials us in. And I always make sure and let them know we appreciate someone who does it right. So don't take it personel. BTW.....

Whats the difference between god and a fighter pilot??

God doesn't think hes a fighter pilot

Pretty much sums it up..

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why do you feel the need to attack Blaine?

Your so far out in left field here, you don't have a clue............................... crazy

amx1047 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blaine
...LOL!!!!! I shut down engines 17 times, was hit by ligtning twice, had a serious flight control malfunction, just to name a few. Further, I flew big and little military aircraft at low level, at supersonic speeds, upside down, deep into terrain, in formation; performed assault takeoff and landings, performed airdrops, and flew air combat maneuvers...."
I'm very tempted to say "So what?", but I won't because I know how much skill and experience it takes to accomplish and deal with those situations. I won't belittle your experience here. However, If you helped - REALLY helped - anybody other yourself (maybe you're one of those who only cares about his own butt) it was still [b]nothing[/b] compared to what "Sully", Haynes, and so many other commercial, real world pilots have done. I still say your'e jealous that your skill and experience never made it outside the little fishbowl you live in; therefore you raise your "standards for heroism" so ridiculously high so you won't look so puny beside them so you can put yourself on Sully and Haynes' level. Pilots, firefighters, you name it. Your "standards for heroism" will always be high enough so that you don't look so puny beside them.

Originally Posted by Blaine
Maybe it's different in the civilian world...
Of course it is! In case you haven't noticed, that's where the majority of us live. People who live in fishbowls never get noticed for their skill and experience because they never help anybody in the real world. You never do anything heroic/amazing in the real world.

jetjockey, I was composing this as you were posting. (I keep 2 or 3 windows open most of the time.) I don't know what you do for a living, but at least you live in the real world. Maybe you and I just have a difference of opinion. I'm tired of arguing with you about heros and which pilots acted more skillfully. However, I want it understood - I don't feel outmatched. Not in this thread anyway. I'm just tired of arguing with you.

Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
duhhhhhhh
AJ, when somebody horns in on a conversation on the CB radio, or says something off the wall, you know what we say?
Shut up stupid. In one of his posts, Blaine led me to believe he received a medal of honor. I want to know if he actually did. I'm sure he doesn't need you to come to his rescue - his ego's already in the stratosphere.

I'll ask him again: Blaine, did you ever receive a medal of honor?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
GFY.

If you don't want opinions then don't post on public forums. Don't you have another ex to stalk. No doubt in my mind why they dumped your moronic aze.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never did find my bird dog...........

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
AMX.. Im a pilot for one of the Major US airlines. I do it for a living. Your right, were just gonna have to agree to disagree....... Wanna argue about truck driving? I used to work at the Kenworth plant in Seattle, my dad drove truck all his life and my uncle ownes a trucking company. And Freightliners should all be pissed on......... Just kidding. Well not about Freightliners...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My wife would sell you mine. She (dog grin)does a better job killin rabbits that she does with birds.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Speaking of bird dogs AJ... I'm gonna go put my new 7 month old Brittany on some quail right now.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sounds like fun!!! Solo or with another dog?

amx1047 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jetjockey
AMX.. ... And Freightliners should all be pissed on......... Just kidding. Well not about Freightliners...
I'm beginning to like you jetjockey smile But I don't like KWs either.

amx1047 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Blaine, did you ever receive a medal of honor?

I guess I'll bump this ever so often until he answers - unless somebody else knows for sure. The post he made that infers he received a medal of honor is in this thread.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
None of the ribbons I have are for anything heroic. The Medal of Honor is for actions above and beyond the call of duty, not for just doing your job--as diffficult and dangerous as it may be--well.

You really suck................................ at reading comprehension. Don't you! No where in Blaine's post did he make any insinuation that he has a CMH. You don't have a clue as to how revered the CMH is in the military community. A poser would be dealt with severely. Blaine has more than enough integrity (something you lack) than to pretend he's a CMH winner.

If you weren't so stuck in stupid you'd realize that in Blaine's post is a military signature. Part of that signature is his ribbon bar which displays the awards he earned in his military service. Research the CMH yourself and then check his awards. I'll give you a clue, the CMH is the highest award, it would be displayed at the top of the bar.

[bleep] trolls................................................ sick

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This whole thread has gotten entirely out of hand. I can see Blaine's point, its just another day at the office for pilots. To Joe Public its heroic because its something they're not familiar with; I mean its not everyday you see a passenger jet land in the river and passengers standing on the wing as it drifts! If they want to make him a hero, let them. No skin off of anyone's back. I can't imagine having a beef with it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If you or I were on that Plane,he would be our Hero! Still... Think very highly of him!

DC Miller
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Quite a few people have mentioned Al Haynes and his famous landing, plus one or two incidents where aircraft have made long gliding approaches. Nobody has mentioned the Space Shuttle though...Every return to earth is essentially a long glide for them..Amazing when you think about it, especially as there have been no crashed landing or over shooting of the runway...

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, BamaCKC, 300_savage, AussieGunWriter, 10 invisible), 1,191 guests, and 711 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,232
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.