Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
This is the third season that I've watched religiously. Being half Italian American, and considering that my favorite cuisine is Italian American, I've been rooting for Fabio from the beginning. Was trying to remember if he's won anything yet. Has he? Even a quick fire?

I don't understand why he chose a basil pesto as a topping for his pork ravioli this week. He should have made a nice tomato sauce for it. I saw some red tomatoes among the farm produce.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't root for Fabio as his buddy Stephan is such an azz. I really like Aryan (sp?), but she was kicked off this week. My next favorite is Jamie. She is going to be tough.

CK
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Having owned and managed restaurants for years, that show is about the stupidist thing ever aired.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It beats the heck out of some of the reality shows I've seen lately.

CK
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have to tell you something I find disturbing. At least half of the contestants on the show are in your face gay/lesbian. All of them curse in front of the camera, and the network feels it necessary to air this with little bleeps for drama. I've never seen more arrogant, egocentric people anywhere, and the network plays it up. Even the judges. You have to be arrogant, condescending people to do that too. It's the top rated food show on cable. That's what people want to watch. They make the cooking segments shorter so they can spend more time listening to the judges sarcasm. It's become a soap opera.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rob p
I have to tell you something I find disturbing. At least half of the contestants on the show are in your face gay/lesbian. All of them curse in front of the camera, and the network feels it necessary to air this with little bleeps for drama. I've never seen more arrogant, egocentric people anywhere, and the network plays it up. Even the judges. You have to be arrogant, condescending people to do that too. It's the top rated food show on cable. That's what people want to watch. They make the cooking segments shorter so they can spend more time listening to the judges sarcasm. It's become a soap opera.
They started out with three homos. Been only the one left since very early on.

Real folks occasionally curse. Some more than others.

I guess you'd have to be somewhat arrogant to compete against others in your field with such high stakes. So that doesn't surprise me.

I enjoy the "judge's table" segment. Especially when I know someone I don't like is going to be blasted or eliminated.

PS This is literally the only reality-type show I watch, or ever before watched. The fact that it was cooking related is what drew me in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lets cook on our Calphalon pans in our Kitchen Aid toaster ovens with food from Whole Foods While we ride in the Toyota . LOL The shows a toss between an infomercial and gay pride. The thing that really annoys me is a bunch of twenty somethings all claiming to be Executive Chefs and inevitably they can't make mayo, tie a roast or create a menu. It's slightly better than Hells kitchen which actually could be a good show if they used motivated culinary students instead of a bunch of F'tard rejects.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stetson
Lets cook on our Calphalon pans in our Kitchen Aid toaster ovens with food from Whole Foods While we ride in the Toyota . LOL The shows a toss between an infomercial and gay pride. The thing that really annoys me is a bunch of twenty somethings all claiming to be Executive Chefs and inevitably they can't make mayo, tie a roast or create a menu. It's slightly better than Hells kitchen which actually could be a good show if they used motivated culinary students instead of a bunch of F'tard rejects.
You seem to know about the roast tying fiasco, so you obviously watch the show. Do you recall if Fabio has won anything yet? I can't think of anything he's won. The man is disappointing for a Paisan.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Other than Bobby Flay's show, I stopped watching chef reality shows after witnessing "Hell's Kitchen"

I always thought being a chef was high grandeur till I watched that show.

I'd rather do a 3day custody trial than having to endure the frikken nightmare that man puts those upcoming chefs through!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
It beats the heck out of some of the reality shows I've seen lately.

Then your knowledge base exceeds mine, I do NOT watch ANY 'reality' shows. smile

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife watches Amazing Race, Survivor, and a couple of others that I can't think of. So yes, I have seen several different shows and most are trash in my opinion.

CK
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know if Fabio has won any thing. He seems stuck on trying to convince us Americans that his way is correct instead of adapting to what the judges want to see. He has a lot of talent and I expect to see him in the final three if the judges don't flake out. He for sure has the best one liners of the season. On the restaurant wars episode he said;
"We could serve monkey azz in a clam shell and still win". LOL

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stetson
I don't know if Fabio has won any thing. He seems stuck on trying to convince us Americans that his way is correct instead of adapting to what the judges want to see. He has a lot of talent and I expect to see him in the final three if the judges don't flake out. He for sure has the best one liners of the season. On the restaurant wars episode he said;
"We could serve monkey azz in a clam shell and still win". LOL
I know. That was a classic line. That was also the best episode ever. Next week lots of our favorites from previous seasons are coming back to compete against the current bunch. Should be great. Looks like Fabio gets into it a little with Spike.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spike....Is that the guy that said "I have a culinary boner" ? shocked
Nope I just remembered that was Andrew. One of last years gratuitous gay showings. If they could leave that crap out the show would be a lot more interesting. Was it last season they had the lesbian couple?

Last edited by Stetson; 01/24/09. Reason: Correction
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
American Idol for the culinary challenged, my 11 yr old daughter loves it....Really enjoyed how the 2 "friends" with just a connection roll on a couch and smooch and then lament their love interests at home...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Top Chef is the one "reality show" that the wife and I have bought into and become fans. I'm a complete amateur cook (note: not chef) and I really appreciate how they come up with great ideas along themes with little notice. I'm sure they have them in their hip pocket to a certain extent.

When we were in NYC last year we had dinner at Season 1 chef Dave Martin's restaurant "Crave". Of course we had his black truffle Mac and Cheese and it was spectacular. Truly makes you realize that some simple dishes with minor changes can be really memorable. Kind of inspires me to invent a little.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Over all the challanges are well thought out and fairly indicative of the business. Snap decisions, quick changes in plans, crappy servers ( grin ) menu planning, equipment malfunctions and trying to satisfy a core group. Last season was a hum dinger when they "planted" the frozen scallops and Spike took the bait.
The contestants definatly should be going with a solid batch of ideas. Especially for desserts. I've been told the entire season is filmed in a little over a week so it has to be a pretty hectic schedule. If you watch them in the waiting room their frequently playing games and drinking. I understand they often do that in the middle if the night and have to sometimes wait several hours for an answer.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pugs
Top Chef is the one "reality show" that the wife and I have bought into and become fans. I'm a complete amateur cook (note: not chef) and I really appreciate how they come up with great ideas along themes with little notice. I'm sure they have them in their hip pocket to a certain extent.

When we were in NYC last year we had dinner at Season 1 chef Dave Martin's restaurant "Crave". Of course we had his black truffle Mac and Cheese and it was spectacular. Truly makes you realize that some simple dishes with minor changes can be really memorable. Kind of inspires me to invent a little.

Yep. Never watched a reality show before this one, and this is the only one I watch. The cooking theme sucked me in. Then I was hooked on the show itself, which I find very entertaining.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I like it. Beats most of the other reality garbage out there. Sure there is a lot of the show I would change, but that goes with most TV shows

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What network is Top Chef on? I saw it one time and could never find it again. You all have peaked my interest now I want to see it again.

Sassy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (280shooter, 338Rules, 30incher, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 2,167 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,323
Posts18,505,850
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.