Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
The really strange part about the current run on ammo, is that anyone is surprised by it at all.
Even goofier, is that any sentient human being, with any interest in shooting and guns, whistled past the grave yard during the entire election cycle, before reaching the realization that something was afoot.

Sam......

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
It's even sweeter when there's a riot going on and they find out there's a waiting period.

grin shocked grin

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I usually try to keep a years supply, or so, of components and ammo on hand. The price almost never goes down on anything, shooting related at least, so keeping a buffer isn't a bad idea unless you are buying at inflated "scare" prices.

I don't advocate ammunition/components as a financial investment, by any means, but they are doing a hell of lot better than almost any investment over the last few years.

Be interesting to see if shooting supply prices moderate in light of the virtual collapse of the commodity market who's uptick caused the price increases.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

This space for rent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Perhaps now you understand why I've long maintained that anyone who insists on remaining a free American has far more to fear from the police than from criminals.

Flame away.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You act like this is going on in every city and town in America 24/7. You don't have a clue, more of your tinfoil paranoia, that you like to spread around.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Perhaps now you understand why I've long maintained that anyone who insists on remaining a free American has far more to fear from the police than from criminals.

Flame away.

You act like this is going on in every city and town in America 24/7. You don't have a clue, more of your tinfoil paranoia, that you like to spread around.

You'd love it and you know it. I'll bet the scene of that old woman getting tackled made you smile. Do you have a cape, so you can fly around protecting the earth?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Besides the Govt. buying a large amount of handgun and rifle ammo in Mil. calibers to support two fronts. Civilian contractors are buying up large amounts of ammo for overseas operations also.

I talked to a manager of the parent Co. that owns Federal Ammo. ATK. They were decreasing the output on many civilian calibers and increasing the Mil. orders. The other Co.'s are probably doing the same.

Many of your LE supply houses don't have the amount of ammo that they normally carry either. Again i was told that alot of it was going overseas.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hunter1960

Flame away.

You'd love it and you know it. I'll bet the scene of that old woman getting tackled made you smile. Do you have a cape, so you can fly around protecting the earth?

I seize weapons all the time, mainly due to criminal activity. Unless it's happening in my county and will effect me, i don't care about it. I don't give a schit about what they do in NOLA. It didn't effect you, nor me.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Your acid wit grows on one. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Flame away.

No flames here; only caveat is, not all the leo's, but certainly most of the command level ones.

My brother in law (along with my sister) both popped the Champaign corks and celebrated when their man won (both life-long leftist and anti-gun Democrats).

Man, that's a heavy load for you to be carrying around..... laugh

MM

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they come to get me, they will dig me out before I can use up all I have now.
A few aimed rounds will assure the cost of doing so was high grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tracks
If they come to get me, they will dig me out before I can use up all I have now.
Be prepared for an 0400 flash bang, followed by your door being rammed in, followed by a line of SWAT soldiers charging in, weapons covering every corner of your home. When they come for your guns. It will likely be something like that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be prepared for an 0400 flash bang, followed by your door being rammed in, followed by a line of SWAT soldiers charging in, weapons covering every corner of your home. When they come for your guns, it will likely be something like that.

Stop will all that talk, Hunter1960 might cream his shorts thinking about it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

R
RJD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
All you have to do is look at England to see what could happen here. Also is anyone elses Walmart "remodeling" their gun section. at the Walmarts near me, they've remodeled the gun section down to one small cabinet with a few boxes of ammo in it,no more guns.Maybe they were afraid Micheal Moore was going to do another movie and show up at Walmarts corporate office to ask them to stop selling guns and ammo like he did to Kmart.Or maybe Walmart is run by a bunch of twinkle toed, commie, antigun, liberal scum.

Everytime history repeats itself it gets more expensive.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Be prepared for an 0400 flash bang, followed by your door being rammed in, followed by a line of SWAT soldiers Officers/Deputies charging in, weapons covering every corner of your home. When they come for your guns, it will likely be something like that.

I fixed your purposeful slight.

Man, it must suck to be you; wearing your gun to bed and in the shower, seeing crooked cops behind every badge, imagining anyone has the resources to confiscate, by force, with SWAT teams no less, the 300+ million guns that are in private hands in the US.

You need psychiatric care.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I bought two pounds of powder. That should keep me going for 10 years for legal hunting purposes.

Everything else I can pick up somewhere - and I don't do "plinking".

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are still at the threshold of what could be an even more serious economic disaster and I would be SHOCKED if Obama spent one IOTA of his political clout fighting the NRA and all the staunch gun proponents over such silly pieces of gun legislation that clearly does nothing to curb crime. I think Obama learned a little something from the Clinton Administration concerning that. Love him or hate him, like Clinton, he's a smart man. When I get stressed about our new leadership, I just remind myself that we could have had Hillary!

In regards to reloading components, my local supplier is brimming with with stuff! Powder, primers, bullets aplenty! Not sure what he has as far as brass, but some of the brass makers are as responsible for the shortage as anyone. The seasonal run thing has me pizzed at Winchester sometimes. Anyway, what do I know.....

WAR EAGLE!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
I have enough to reload for normal CAS use for about a year and some casual plinking. Ain't buying any more till 1/2 is gone. I am no longer infused with fear of the government, if "they" come I'll deal with it, until then life as usual. Seen too many of these scares and ain't wasting any money "stocking up".

Don't think any of us have been around long enough to see a scare like this. Not a normal hiccup whistle

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Payday, cometh..... smile Just consider it investing in "metals futures".....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch
We are still at the threshold of what could be an even more serious economic disaster and I would be SHOCKED if Obama spent one IOTA of his political clout fighting the NRA and all the staunch gun proponents over such silly pieces of gun legislation that clearly does nothing to curb crime. I think Obama learned a little something from the Clinton Administration concerning that. Love him or hate him, like Clinton, he's a smart man. When I get stressed about our new leadership, I just remind myself that we could have had Hillary!

In regards to reloading components, my local supplier is brimming with with stuff! Powder, primers, bullets aplenty! Not sure what he has as far as brass, but some of the brass makers are as responsible for the shortage as anyone. The seasonal run thing has me pizzed at Winchester sometimes. Anyway, what do I know.....

I don't think it's going to take any political clout to get it done as the majority is large enough. He can "compromise" a little to bring their own in line and it's a done deal. I always thought in a compromise both sides got something, not the case when it comes to decimation of God given rights. Well, we will get something, I suspect it will go something along the lines of a prison shower rape. That is what thugs do when they have power.

Last edited by kciH; 01/29/09.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (204guy, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 60 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.