Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff

If some of you can't see a difference between McCain and Obama, you just don't want to see it because you're too angry and your high blood pressure is impairing your vision. smile.

lol

well that may be true but I still see little difference between any of them nowadays.

We'll see if the GOP is just giving us lip service like they did during Clinton's presidency(acted all fiscally conservative to gain control, then opened the floodgates once in power) or if they somehow had an epiphany and realized neoconservative politics is just as bad as liberalism.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here's another perspective on Obama.

I don't choose to post my resume on the internet, but suffice it to say I went to college and grad school later in life. My first job after grad school was with a consulting firm that specialized in executive assessments consisting of psychological testing and in-depth interviews of high level candidates who had already made it through the client company's screening and interview process, that is, the finalist or finalists. Nothing enhanced our credibility, or my personal satisfaction, more than busting a phony.

Obama reminds me of the kind of candidate who can snow unskilled interviewers, even those who consider themselves astute judges of people. A big reason is that most untrained interviewers allow the candidate to get into hypotheticals, or "philosophical" issues like the ubiquitous "Describe your philosophy of management". A skilled interviewer will use behavioral interviewing, boring into what the candidate has actually done, and how it was accomplished, and insisting on verifiable specifics. Obama would perform superbly in a conventional interview and would dazzle many interviewers as he obviously dazzled many voters. However, his lack of any real substance in the form of actual accomplishments would be transparent to a skilled interviewer, and he would be shot down with a recommendation against employment for any senior executive position.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Ken,

Kind of funny how the Obama supporters have been so quiet lately. Makes one wonder a bit!

That is what happens when the hangover sets in and they make promisees like................Never again! whistle

A day or two late and $800,000,000,000 short!

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I wonder just how far and how bad it will have to get before some of you can see a difference?

If some of you can't see a difference between McCain and Obama, you just don't want to see it because you're too angry and your high blood pressure is impairing your vision. smile.

Oh, I can "see the difference" between a washed up, inside the beltway, reach across the aisle, bumbling old man like McCain and a well spoken, committed, Democratic Party stalwart like Obama.............and always could.

I (like many others here I suspect), was throughly embarassed when I had to hold my nose and vote for the illegal amnesty loving, Ted Kennedy supporting, good ol' boy, neo-con from Arizona, but never let it be said that I never saw the difference.......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I definitely saw a difference. I thought both McCain and Obama sucked but there was no doubt in my mind that McCain was the �lesser of two evils�. I just couldn�t see voting for evil; lesser or greater.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
When a malady of some sort is inevitable, a cold is preferable to cancer.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
"I won," he says, as if the majority of the electorate endorsed his policies.

How many of those who voted for him voted for his policies?

Not many, I betcha.
I think a good many votes for Obama were cast more against McCain, than for Obama.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No matter what the reason it was a terrible choice.......

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I think a good many votes for Obama were cast more against McCain, than for Obama.

I don't like the same old cabbage, so gimme a $hit sandwich instead.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
� and even more against Bush.

"Good enough" isn't.

IC B3

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I'd say no, but what I really mean is Hell No.

After the last eight years of endless screwups, blunders, lies and attacks on our civil liberties, coupled with that trademark Bush lack of accountability, you guys ought to display some shred of remorse or humility. Instead, you're apoplectic because the guy who you opposed is doing a good job so far. And McCain? He thinks the economic crisis is no big deal. Evidently all 8 of his houses are paid for.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When a malady of some sort is inevitable, a cold is preferable to cancer.

A good point no doubt. I just couldn�t vote for McCain. It was an easy point for me to make being from TX where it didn�t make much difference. I�d have had more to think about indeed if I lived in a swing state but I still don�t think I�d have been able to do it.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Fireform
I'd say no, but what I really mean is Hell No.

After the last eight years of endless screwups, blunders, lies and attacks on our civil liberties, coupled with that trademark Bush lack of accountability, you guys ought to display some shred of remorse or humility. Instead, you're apoplectic because the guy who you opposed is doing a good job so far. And McCain? He thinks the economic crisis is no big deal. Evidently all 8 of his houses are paid for.

If you can honestly say that he has done a good job during the transition and his early dealings with his own party on the �stimulus�, you are drinking a lot more than cool aid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obamason is in Indiana today...and the issues are in DC.
What's he running from?

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He found out that governing is hard so he went back to campaigning.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So many comments, so few addressing the initial question �

� and the loud gurgling sound of the faithful still chug-a-lugging the Obama-MSM Kool-Aid.

That stuff's gotta run out some time.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I voted for Obama. No, I'm not "a liberal". He was the better of the two tickets and not by a little.

If you are a social conservative or single issue voter (guns, abortion, etc), then you will disagree with me, perhaps violently <g>. I'm not a single-issue voter. I voted for who I thought was the better candidate for the times, overall. McCain is a good man but he's old, rigid if not calicified mentally, and didn't give the impression that he even wanted to win- especially at the end there. His decision making is suspect, as witnessed by choosing Palin for... for... uh... her gender and rabid social conservatism, maybe? Maybe? Not much else there.

Obama is doing fine so far, not that there's much "good" to be done. He's interfacing with Congress, listening, and trying to project calm (which McCain was TERRIBLE at). Let's face it- he's [bleep] just like McCain would have been. The economy is a MESS and it's not his doing, and there's no magic wand to wave to fix it. Let us not forget who our fearless leader was for the 8 years prior, and who gave away a trillion dollars to THE WRONG PEOPLE (if there even are "right people" for such stupidity) on his way out the door.

You want to tell me that Republicans are fiscal conservatives, warn me first so I don't blow beer out my nose, OK?

If McCain had won, we'd be going down the same path we are going down now- right? Can we all admit that? We'd all be complaining about the stupid McCain economic stimulus package. he'd be drawing down the war in Iraq over the next 4 years. The rhetoric might be different, but the results would be more or less the same.

As to Obama partying in college... give me a BREAK... who DIDN'T!? George W. Bush snorted coke, smoked pot, and drank like a fish... yet we all voted for HIM.

I know posting this won't endear me to some of you. Oh well. Hopefully you'll at least have some respect for the fact that I ain't gonna lie to you or pretend to be something I'm not. I'm a hippie redneck <g>, live out in the woods, got my guns and trucks and chain saws, but I also got my guitars, mountain bikes, and skiis...damned if I will close my mind and just swallow what the RNC or DNC is putting out. I'll use my own head and decide on the candidates on a case-by-case basis.

Respectfully,

-jeff

Sounds like white guilt to me. Steve

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
� do you regret it yet?

Ken,

I did NOT vote for the guy, but I certainly regret that many did!

Keith

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
To address the original question, I don't imagine there are many Obama voters that regret their decision at all.

It was never his platform or experience that got him elected. What worked was a combination of Obama's youth and charisma, white-guilt, the milestone of being the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT, his preacher style speeches that make everyone feel great, a weak/outdated challenger, an economic crisis, and lots and lots of promises that everything that happened during the past 8 years is going to "change".

Let's be honest. Even the Clintons knew Hillary didn't have a chance. She had a hell of lot more going for her than Obama, except she isn't charismatic and despite Bill being known as the "first black president"....they quickly found out that in this election they weren't quite black enough.

I guess "change" is supposed to mean that if you think that during the past 8 years the rich got richer and everyone else got screwed (even though that wasn't true) then during Obama's rein, things are going to get evened out. Just like when Joe The Plummer asked his question about taxes, Obama's plan was to "spread things out so everyone has a chance..."

How could any Obama voter be upset about their decision so far? All those voters couldn't be happier, they're still convinced that things will be more "even" under Obama. Rich folks and corporations will get punished for their success and the little guy will get something that he never worked for. I would say wait until those things don't happen....then you'll see some angry Obama voters.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
So many comments, so few addressing the initial question �

� and the loud gurgling sound of the faithful still chug-a-lugging the Obama-MSM Kool-Aid.

That stuff's gotta run out some time.

It won't run out until they find out he only meant to pay off the mortgage and gas bill of other people.

[Linked Image]

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (264mag, 219 Wasp, 2five7, 1lessdog, 29aholic, 1_deuce, 37 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,825
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.