Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
eyeguy,

call the college station TX store. As of yesterday they had both the short and tall versions in 13 left. I called them from home yesterday and they are shipping me a pair.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty good deal. Would be a nice knock around boot. If someone finds a pair of the shorts in 10 please shoot me a pm.

Thanks

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
i ordered two pair from the richmond, virginia store yesterday, and they sounded as though they had no shortage. i asked about 10.5's, 11's, and 12's in the 10" version - they had them all.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I was able to find a pair of 13 low's and high's in the Rochester Mn. store and they are on the way. They only have a few left in 13. I am a boot nut and didnt need them but to good to pass up.
Baylorum thanks for the response I thought they were going to be alot harder to find.

Last edited by eyeguy; 02/12/09. Reason: added note
G
Grimace Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
The Mooresville (Charlotte) store had a bunch of 10" boots left two days ago...

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
just ordered a pair from College Station, Tx...8 inch size 13 for 75$ shipped to Florida.....
Thanks Grimace!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
man you guys have cost me so much money!!!

G
Grimace Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by IDMilton
I hope they are nice boots. Since I can't find any info. on- line, I based my decision on your comments and the sale price. I just ordered two pair, one for me in 10.5 and one for a buddy in 9. I called nine stores, I think, before I found them. I really hope they fit. If they are like the old style Cabelas Mt. Hunters, I'll be very happy. I have a pair of those and really like them. After four years in AK they needed resoled badly, and because I didb't condition the leather as I should have, I walked a hole in the right achilles flex point. They were (now they don't get into the hills because of the soles) super comfortable and they held up well for over 150 days in the field, with lots of that time in the rain in sheep and goat country. If these Wapiti boots are that nice, especially for this price, I'll be happy.
As an aside, the Lowa Sheephunters I replaced the Mt. Hunters with have seen three hunting seasons now, but only have 70 or 80 days in them. The right boot,on the inside back, the seam is opening up. Grrr. Since the rest of the boots are still in good shape, I guess I should try and find someone who can fix it.

IDMilton, would be interested in how you think they stack up against the Lowa's & the Mt Hunters after you get them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Grimace, I'll try to remember to post a response and shoot you a PM comparing the three boots after I put some time in with the Wapitis. If I forget and you are still interested, you might want to remind me! My schedule is pretty bad until April, but I'll sttart breaking them in before on some weekend trips. In April I have to go to the fancy eye doc in Portland, and since I'll be there on April 14th I'll do Mt. Hood. (Probable in the Lowas, unless it is really cold, then I'll rent plastics, ack.) Then spring bear in May, so I'll give them a work out then.
As far as the Cabelas Mt. Hunters go compared to the Sheephunters, they are both super boots. I think the Cabelas is a little more comfortable for general hunting use, and a lot of that has to do with it is a little less stiff in the sole. I like the rand on the Sheephunters. If I know I'll be in the steep stuff with a load, I'd pick the Lowas. However, for me, no matter how I lace them, the Lowas give me a little pressure across my instep, cutting of some of the circulation. If I lace them like I should to hike in, my feet will be a little colder because of this. Again,this is what I've found, trying to fault them. They are both nice boots.
I've tried a bunch of insloes and the Spenco Hikers work best for me. With those in my boots, my poly liners, and my Thorlos, my feet are as happy as they can be.
I also ordered a pair for a friend. I've been trying to talk him into buying a real pair of boots for years. I hope they fit him and work out. The only problem will be that I have been trying to keep up with him for over twenty years while he wears his cheapos with slick soles, leaks, and no support. Now I'll have an even harder time hiking as fast as he does!

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Got my two pair this morning. Because of the height of the boot, 10" and it thickness, not all pants will fit over the boot top.
But for $67.50 a pair, for that caliber of boot, how far back would you go to match that price? The '80's, 70's? And with no Goretex back then either.
Thanks again to Grimace for the "heads up"!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Thanks Grimace,

I got it done.

Curly

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Grimace, Thanks, I got mine on my feet as I type. I was worried about ordering w/o tring on, but they fit exc. so far and feel nice. Allen

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I ordered a pair in 8 inch and a pair in 10 inch yesterday at1pm and got them today at 1 pm. WOW. They look good with a good stiff but not crazy stiff sole. Feel true to size and width.They have a good sized toe box. What else can I say I like them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I picked up 2 pairs of 10.5 tonight. They had 11's, 10.5's, 9's, 8.5's and a pair of 13's. Good grief, you can't even buy sneakers for that price.

Thanks for the heads up on this one.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I got my 12s in today (just got in from NYC). seem true to size and I like the sole, etc. Great deal for $75 shipped!

thanks G

L
LC Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Can someone tell me what temperature/conditions these boots would be used for? I understand they have a duratherm insulaion, but do not see if they are a 200, 400 gram etc...
Thanks for the info.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do you have to order direct from a specific Gander Mountain store??

I'm up here in Canada and would love to find a pair in 11.5 but not sure how to go about it....

Anyone?

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Rackmastr, I just ordered some yesterday. The GM in my area didn't carry the 3 forks ranch line, so they did a search and printed it out for me. It had about 25 GMs with the boot I wanted in my size, so I called the one that had the most in stock and ordered them. I am a 10.5 so I don't know about 11.5s, but I got mine from the GM in Palmbeach Gardens FL.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks yotewhisperer.

They look like a really quality boot for the price....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anyone have a pic of the 8" model?

REally trying to decide whether to buy one or the other or just suck it up and buy both....lol

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (160user, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 49 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,443
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.