Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rackmastr

[Linked Image]

No offense bud, but that pack frame, for the weight you're packing, is too small... your load-lifters should be at a minimum of 25-30* above your shoulders.

That's the problem with some of these "hunting packs"... they're built around the Military Alice frame specs which is a compromise for sure...

Nice critters though!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by muledeer
Well...you have no more than eight left now...along with one less CrewCab/NICE pack grin.

I may have to call you, though. I asked for USPS Priority Mail shipment, because FedEx and UPS truly suck delivering to islands in SE Alaska. If you absolutely cannot ship by US Mail -- which works astoundingly well here -- then I will likely have a friend in Bozeman come by and pick it up...because he can mail it to me.

Thanks for making this great deal available to us...I'm going goat hunting in August and "need" a better setup than what I have.

Dennis

Did you get a response on USPS Dennis? I had the same question.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
SnowyMountaineer, they are open Saturdays indeed.

Last edited by Carl_Ross; 04/03/09.

Empirical results rule!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Brad

No offense bud, but that pack frame, for the weight you're packing, is too small... your load-lifters should be at a minimum of 25-30* above your shoulders.

That's the problem with some of these "hunting packs"... they're built around the Military Alice frame specs which is a compromise for sure...

Nice critters though!

No offense taken at all.....I've never felt more comfortable with the amount of weight I've carried with this pack. It keeps me walkin straight and feelin great.....

I do see your point you're making, but I honestly have never found a pack that comes CLOSE to handling the weight and making me (my back/hips/shoulders) feel as good as this one, so I guess I can throw those rules out the door and just keep humpin game through the hills....heh

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hey Mystery Ranch -- I hope you don't mind but I mentioned your sale to the boys over at the AR backpack hunting forum.

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I stopped by MR today to pick up my pack and ended up leaving with two. Once I saw the Crew Cab, I had to have one. It's just too flexible of a design not to have in the gear bag.

Got the royal treatment with a custom fitting of the pack. Kenzie even threw in some extras. Who was it that was talking trash about him? smile

We're lucky to have a company like MR offering first rate gear for hunting/outdoors. There isn't a better company run by better people anywhere.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by muledeer
Well...you have no more than eight left now...along with one less CrewCab/NICE pack grin.

I may have to call you, though. I asked for USPS Priority Mail shipment, because FedEx and UPS truly suck delivering to islands in SE Alaska. If you absolutely cannot ship by US Mail -- which works astoundingly well here -- then I will likely have a friend in Bozeman come by and pick it up...because he can mail it to me.

Thanks for making this great deal available to us...I'm going goat hunting in August and "need" a better setup than what I have.

Dennis

Did you get a response on USPS Dennis? I had the same question.

Yes I did. They agreed to ship it to me USPS. I made the point to them that everyone in Alaska would appreciate that consideration grin. MR appears to have a high level of customer service going on, and I appreciate it.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
They did USPS to NY for me with no problem. Works much better than the brown truck for me. Definitely a top notch outfit to deal with.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RockHopper
I stopped by MR today to pick up my pack and ended up leaving with two. Once I saw the Crew Cab, I had to have one. It's just too flexible of a design not to have in the gear bag.

Got the royal treatment with a custom fitting of the pack. Kenzie even threw in some extras. Who was it that was talking trash about him? smile

We're lucky to have a company like MR offering first rate gear for hunting/outdoors. There isn't a better company run by better people anywhere.

I'm glad to hear that since I ordered one yesterday sight unseen, figured I'd have the frame if the pack didn't suit me and the price was just to hard to pass up, whether I needed it or not...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am looking at buying one of the packs this morning. (possibly Cerberus) My problem is I am at the border with a couple sizes. I am 5' 7" or 5' 8" and am usually a size 34. I am not sure which yoke and belt to order. I see it mentioned in some previous posts about people the same size as me wondering which yoke and belt size to go with. Sounds like medium yoke and almost either medium or small for the belt size. If these (yoke or belt) needed to be changed after the fact can they be? If so can I do them, or does the pack need to be returned for the conversions?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yup you can change the belts and yokes. Its super easy. You should be a medium yoke and if you dont go below a 34 inch waist you should be good with a med belt. But as Mark said above you could order a small and med belt and just send back the one you dont use.

I really like the zippered waist belts so you might think about that as well.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Easy to swap them out Darren......its undoing a few buckles and some velcro and you're good to go.....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by kenaiking
Yup you can change the belts and yokes. Its super easy. You should be a medium yoke and if you dont go below a 34 inch waist you should be good with a med belt. But as Mark said above you could order a small and med belt and just send back the one you dont use.

Zippered waist belts. What is that all about? I'm looking on their website but see anything on them.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Duk Dog
Originally Posted by kenaiking

Zippered waist belts. What is that all about? I'm looking on their website but see anything on them.

Found it, and it looks like an option for the Cerberus.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They fit a rangefinder perfect.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Q
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Q
I'm guessing the shop is closed on Sunday - what time are they manning the phones on Monday morning?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They roll in early. Around 8:30am

SH08
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Trevor.....

Your pack fits perfectly.... Brad has ULTERIOR motives.... he thinks the NICE Frame is a "compromise product"....... I guess because it works so well for both Military and Hunting he thinks it's a compromise..... go figure?

The NICE was originally designed for the Military..... we're not hiding that.... but pretty soon hardcore hunters in our area (Bozeman Montana) started using them and having amazing results.... myself included! That's why we began marketing them to hunters.....

Dana thought this was pretty cool.... he's not a hunter himself so he had no idea that his design was so great for our needs..... Field and Steam also gave us a BEST OF THE BEST award for the NICE FRAME..... hmmmm!

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Praire Goat~

Share it with EVERYONE!!! This is an amazing value!

Thanks for spreading the word!

Mark

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MysteryRanch
Brad has ULTERIOR motives

Would love an ignoramus like you to explain my motives to me... this should be fascinating.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 20 invisible), 14,547 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,985
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.