-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am not neccessarily on Brads side, but IMO and IME Brads opinion on the NICE system mirrors mine to a T. As some of you know I recently got a NICE 6500 and every single comment Brad has made about the NICE systems faults, was exactly my feeling. I sent the NICE 6500 back and got a Grizzly and I can tell you that the Grizzly is way more like what I am used to in quality Mountaineering packs than the NICE was, and the Grizzly is built hell for stout. To each his own I guess. I trusted in some of the testimonials from guys right here at the Campfire when I shelled out 6 + bills for a pack, and in less than 5 minutes wearing it I knew it wasn't made for me. Two things told me this.....Frame too short, and Loadlifters too low. The guys at Mystery Ranch did me right in correcting my purchase for a pack that I do like , and all is well.

GB1

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
I apologize to everyone that this thread has turned from sharing our "Paint it Black Sale" with the Campfire to what it has become.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.... that's why these forums exist and I highly value everyone's input. I do not however value personal attacks like "Brad" calling me a "ignoramus" and his mention about "Angry and Obnoxious PM's" such as the one "Brad" has recently posted. This is wrong and shouldn't be allowed on the Campfire.

Brad, as I've said in one of the PM's, "I respect your opinions and posts"... I don't however respect what you've posted here on this thread... and frankly it's time someone stand up to this kind of behavior. I'll give you a chance to personally post the 2 PM threads we've had here.... in order to justify your comments... before I do this afternoon in order to clear the air and share with EVERYONE just how you act online.

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I could be wrong here, but I am pretty sure they everyone does not care what was said in the PMs between you guys. You guys both have valid points about the packs and gear which is why this forum exists, just leave it at that. No reason the escalate the personal stuff with posting PMs and what not about who was right and wrong.

Thanks for the heads up on this AWESOME deal on the packs. Can't wait to put mine to use.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
you can learn from others experience but only to a point, it's their experience and you have to create your own to find what works for you for we're all different.

I like to squeeze all the comfort I can outa my gear. but I've no doubt the old guys I respect up here that their game tasted just as good dropping it with a wood stocked .30-06 and hauling it in on a Nelson packboard.

we're lucky to have to choose from what we do for sure.

Great post, and, my sentiment's exactly!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with that.

Brad and Mark are both stand up guys. Some people just dont see eye to eye. Nothing wrong with that. Im 100% positive if they had this conversation over a pint of bozone it would be all good.

Not that this thread needs it but Free Bump for more kick arse packs.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
You guys both have valid points about the packs and gear which is why this forum exists

Totally agree, but is civil interchange of ideas too much to ask?

First time, okay, everyone is entitled to a mistake. Now that a pattern has developed with these flare-ups, . . . well, maybe it is time for some counseling? The dude seems to have some issues that are much greater than someone contradicting his "expertise" on backpacks.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I did not see Brad giving his opinion as an attack and this is a public forum for information as well entertainment.My $.02

Good Shooting!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hunting1
I did not see Brad giving his opinion as an attack and this is a public forum for information as well entertainment.My $.02

Not sure your post was directed at me, but I was not in any way, shape or form, critizing Brad-I think Brad is good people! smile

I was just making a general statement, and I am sorry if it sounded like a personal attack.

Last edited by 340boy; 04/07/09. Reason: to add some stuff.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Brad, I respect your opinions, and your posts... I'm writing this here to publicly apologize for anything I've done that may have offended you. Brad I'd also like to continue to extend my offer to help find a Mystery Ranch pack that will suit your specific needs.... and donate my time to help make that happen. Maybe yourself, Greenhorn, and I could get together over some beers?

I (wish I'd known about the "Netiquette" that PMs are not cool to post. Actually, I have nothing to hide there and just wanted to make sure my words stood on their own. But I've been informed it's a no-no, so) I've decided to follow the "Netiquette" on 24hourcampfire and NOT post the 2 PM's between myself and Brad... in the end sharing PM's and furthering an "online argument" is not at all why I'm investing my valuable time here on 24hourcampfire.

I do invest my time here because I'm very passionate about providing the Amazing Customer service that Mystery Ranch has become famous for and was established by Ranch Hands before me. I'm constantly working with folks from the fire and providing endless support to them via pm's, emails, and phone conversations..... when I'm ON and OFF the clock. Not just because I enjoy it, but because you guys are great customers and people with whom I've come to respect.

Thanks to everyone for their support of this sale... if you ever need anything at all, or have any questions pertaining to Mystery Ranch or any other topic relating to Backpack Hunting, and the gear associated... please don't hesitate to contact me.

And Brad, no hard feelings on this end. I'm confident that after trying one of our packs you'll change your mind about them, and the offer stands from me to you personally to make that happen. Take me up on it!

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Would the crew cab have enough capacity for a 5-7 day elk hunt, or would the behemoth be a better choice?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CC is going to be super tight to get all your gear and meat. The Bohemoth would be better.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've tried the CC and am going with the Behemoth this coming year.

I think it will handle the load out better with mongo weights.

I think the CC is better for slightly shorter hunts or where you need slightly less winter gear.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have (and love) the CBMR Orion. I am sure it would meet your needs for a 5-7 day elk hunt, which is exactly what I bought mine for.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Huh, I had to double check to make sure I did not click on the optics forum...

Sounds like a great deal on a great pack.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Eland~

Totally depends on the style, weight, and size of your gear.... and how you plan on getting the animal out.

I have super light and super compact gear.... I can easily to a 7 day elk hunt out of my crew cab..... but I've spent a ton of time working with my equipment to get it dialed.

If your gear is larger... I'd go with a Behemoth... If you plan on carrying quarters I'd go with the Crew Cab for meat packing.... the Behemoth would work better with bags of boned-out meat for sure.

If you want more detailed advice and information give me a shout.

Mark

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MysteryRanch
Brad, I respect your opinions, and your posts... I'm writing this here to publicly apologize for anything I've done that may have offended you. Brad I'd also like to continue to extend my offer to help find a Mystery Ranch pack that will suit your specific needs.... and donate my time to help make that happen. Maybe yourself, Greenhorn, and I could get together over some beers?

I (wish I'd known about the "Netiquette" that PMs are not cool to post. Actually, I have nothing to hide there and just wanted to make sure my words stood on their own. But I've been informed it's a no-no, so) I've decided to follow the "Netiquette" on 24hourcampfire and NOT post the 2 PM's between myself and Brad... in the end sharing PM's and furthering an "online argument" is not at all why I'm investing my valuable time here on 24hourcampfire.

I do invest my time here because I'm very passionate about providing the Amazing Customer service that Mystery Ranch has become famous for and was established by Ranch Hands before me. I'm constantly working with folks from the fire and providing endless support to them via pm's, emails, and phone conversations..... when I'm ON and OFF the clock. Not just because I enjoy it, but because you guys are great customers and people with whom I've come to respect.

Thanks to everyone for their support of this sale... if you ever need anything at all, or have any questions pertaining to Mystery Ranch or any other topic relating to Backpack Hunting, and the gear associated... please don't hesitate to contact me.

And Brad, no hard feelings on this end. I'm confident that after trying one of our packs you'll change your mind about them, and the offer stands from me to you personally to make that happen. Take me up on it!

Mark, I'm wasn't just referring to the PM's this week you sent, but also to the PM's from some months back where you flew off the handle. And, as now, apologized... again. I kept those PM's.

You need to slow down and try to absorb the written word and not get so bent and emotional.

I've clearly written what I think of your packs, the good, the bad, and the in between as objectively as possible. I've given credit where I see it due as well as my own criticisms. You can't seem to grasp that's ok. Your cryptic "ulterior motives" blurb in the last page is pure BS and you know it.

You can try to have a love-fest publicly but it won't fly. Yours is no real apology as is pretty clear. I know BS and insincere azz covering for public consumption when I see it.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by free_miner

Unless some serious post-post-editing occured, all Brad did was comment on frame length/lifter location on a particular stature/load combination.

just my 2 cents too

No editing occurred... as has rightly pointed out MR has begun to dominate this forum and a civil exchange of ideas is becoming increasingly difficult... wow, who'd have thought it!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Well it is obvious to me who is the true gentleman in all of this. The medical marvel shows his true colors once again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You didn't get the PM's I did...

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Well everyone... just wanted you all to know we are SOLD OUT of both Orion and Scorpius Black CBMR packs!

Thanks for your orders and business!!!

Fire Guys.... another quick point.

For any Mystery Ranch Customer Service Questions, especially those associated with this sale, shipping dates, tracking numbers, etc, etc. Please contact Mystery Ranch at the shop number. 406.585.1428

Please do not PM your questions here.... It's much easier for us to track the information exchange over the telephone.

***Due to the overwhelming response to our sale, orders placed after 4/02/09 may take up to two weeks for delivery. Please plan accordingly. Thank you for your patience! The Mystery Ranch Crew.***

Best.

Mark

Mystery Ranch Backpacks
Bozeman Montana USA
www.mysteryranch.com
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (7mm_Loco, 907brass, 808outdoors, 9 invisible), 14,381 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,992
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.