Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
twodogs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Breaking from Newsmax.com

May be old news. I just saw it.

Keith Olbermann Offers $1,000 a Second for Sean Hannity Waterboarding

MSNBC news commentator Keith Olbermann is taking on his Fox News counterpart Sean Hannity over the issue of waterboarding � in a rather extreme way. He blasted Hannity�s views on the issue and said he would donate $1,000 to charity for every second that Hannity is waterboarded.

Get 'im Sean. Bankrupt his ignorant azz.

Details:
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/olbermann_hannity_torture/2009/04/24/207025.html

[Linked Image]
GB4

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Anyone believe Olbermann would be good to his word when it came time to pay up? I don't.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking the over under should be 30 seconds.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rrroae
Under.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Me either! That slime bag would only pay up if the "charity" was ACORN, NAMBLA, PETA etc.. Bankrupt his ass Hannity!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Under.

Yeah, I'm thinking Hannity will cry like a little girl after 20-25 secs.

Too bad we couldn't waterboard both of the windbags. Be more entertaining than listening to either of their drivel.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Yeah but you tarnished saints have to have somebody to persecute....I mean prosecute afterwards, doncha?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's Christopher Hitchens getting waterboarded. He didn't last very long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LPubUCJv58

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
Yeah but you tarnished saints have to have somebody to persecute....I mean prosecute afterwards, doncha?

Aren't you the one running around preaching about Christianity and in the very next breath, you advocate torture.

Sometimes I almost forget about the hypocrisy of religious types.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It makes me sick that we have released information that this country advocated such a thing and even more sick that we did/do it!

WAR EAGLE!

IC B3

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
One former Fox employee and one current.Who cares?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Under.

If he makes it five seconds I'll be surprised; ten, I'll be astonished.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The same "reasoning" was the basis of "trying" a defendant by whether he could hold a mouthful of rice for a given time and then spit it out moist or dry.

"Logic!"

Sheesh

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch
It makes me sick that we have released information that this country advocated such a thing and even more sick that we did/do it!

Old Center Church,

Once the decision has been made not to kill a prisoner captured on the "battlefield" outright (and in the case of terrorists, this could be anywhere) they should probably be treated humanely, since it would be simply illogical not to do so.

However, if it is thought a prisoner has strategic information that could help to save American lives, ANY means whatsoever should be employed to obtain it from him.

And it should be presumed that he would do likewise!

The fact that you can sit in front of your computer and type this chickenschit drivel may some day depend on our military's ability to extract information from some terrorist slimeball.

Hopefully they will be able to do their job despite all the weak kneed protestations from girly men like yourself.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Under.

Too bad we couldn't waterboard both of the windbags. Be more entertaining than listening to either of their drivel.
Yeah, too bad we can't do it to O'Rielly too.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RickyD

Aren't you the one running around preaching about Christianity and in the very next breath, you advocate torture.

Sometimes I almost forget about the hypocrisy of religious types.
Hey buddy, I'll gladly admit to being a hypocrit. There is not a person wearing flesh who is not, so what's the rub? If that's all you got, you ain't got nothin'! grin

I'm sure you are one too. I don't know if you have any children, a wife, or a mom and dad, but if you do and if they were buried with an hour or two of air left and you had the opportunity to question the person who knew exactly where they were, it's my guess you would do ANYTHING you could to rescue them. Add to that, this scumbag had raped, beat, and abused them in nearly everyway imaginable, and enjoyed every second of it.

But maybe not. Maybe you are of such impecible moral standards that you would let your bleeding dying loved ones suffocate to death rather do whatever it took to get the location from their abuser. If you truly are, you are the only one I know.

Extend that to men and women charged with keeping this country safe who became aware of plots to kill, maim and wreak havoc on our citizens. The murderous resolve and fanatical mindset of our enemies was well known by then. As a last resort to stop these plans they did resort to techniques we would not have typically employed with an enemy less determined and with no mercy. And every citizen of this country should be glad they took that burden on their conscience and did their job the best way they could under the circumstances.

I know I am and I find no hypocrasy in that.

Here's a little reminder about the judgements of the Lord. When it became apparent that a people were without reclaimation, God told Israel to utterly destroy them. To leave no life remaining. He did that because he knew they had become jaded beyond redemption and would only serve to corrupt anyone else they came in contact with. The religions around Israel were vile and corrupt using young girls as temple whores and often demanding human sacrifice of new borns. If a man can believe he's worshipping by screwing his neighbors daughter or maybe his own, and placing his new born son on a brazen alter to burn alive, I think I can see where the Lord was coming from.

These Islamists are little different. They would sooner rip your guts out and rape your women as they would look at you. They hate you and I with a passion most of us could not understand. I think that should be obvious from the excerps of Al Jazerra programing where they proclaim that hatred for the entire Islamic world to hear about and aspire to. And for us to hear and understand. Amazing how some cannot.

Rick the unapologetic hypocrit

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Under.

Yeah, too bad we can't do it to O'Rielly too.

And how about including ignorant bastards like yourself who can't even spell......it's O'Reilly ............you azzhole.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
FWIW I think water boarding is much better than if your captured by those who are being waterboarded. They will make a video of you getting your head cut off and post it on the Internet.

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch

I have no problem with it only because of who it is done to. These bastards are not soldiers, they do not follow any convention, they mutilate are boys, target women and children, to hell with them.

Once they set the ground rules then they should have to live with the ground rules. If they followed the standards many feel we should follow, then I would agree with you, but they don't.

If you wish to fight a bare knuckled opponent with gloves on, do not expect a good outcome.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I have no problem with it only because of who it is done to. These bastards are not soldiers, they do not follow any convention, they mutilate are boys, target women and children, to hell with them.

Once they set the ground rules then they should have to live with the ground rules. If they followed the standards many feel we should follow, then I would agree with you, but they don't.

If you wish to fight a bare knuckled opponent with gloves on, do not expect a good outcome.

+1 with the caveat that we are certain, not just suspect, that the person being dealt with is a terrorist. And not by the definition of domestic terrorist that our current fascist regime so despicably applies. I'd never want to see the case of widespread and cavalier use of this interrogation method. Given strict guidelines in whether and how we proceed, we retain the moral high ground. We already know what the enemy would do in reverse position.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,949
Posts18,480,378
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.