"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Here is another story on another thread that typifies the Police State mentality going on in our country,
Read the log provided on their website how the arrests unfolded, we clearly live in a police state, cops are not authorized to jerk people around like this, I applaud the man that refused to submit to an illegal arrest, this is what we should all be doing, this man is a hero in my book

scroll down to the account:

http://motorhomediaries.com/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If these folks were wrongly done, that's why we have a civil process in our court system.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
ZEN,
you need better heros.

Dink

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The ankle bracelet zeN wears gives him that special outlook!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My thanks to all who honorably serve others in whatever capacity that might be. Since peace officers are those cited for recognition at this time, my special thanks to them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry I'm late to the thread, I've been fishing. Thank all of you for the kind words.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Following up on the story of police abuse (see the earlier post, the suspect who while surrendering, his hands clasped behind his head, prone, where multiple policeman rushes up to him with guns drawn and one kicks him full force in the face, while another attacks him with his baton while he is apparently unconscious),
In sundays paper the story reports that the police responded to this incident with
"We were afraid he had a gun, and we feared for our safety" (paraphrased), the old "We feared for our safety" BS excuse that cops have been using for years to justify getting away with this crap, this is going to cost the taxpayers millions of dollars in the legal wrangling which is sure to follow. I will be posting the developments of this case and other stories as they unfold.
It is beyond pathetic that this kind of behavior can be justified by cops, here on this forum, and in response to the public outcry over this, to ask people to pay homage to cops while this kind of attitude is prevalent among cops, even more so the OFFICIAL response from the LA police makes the average American puke!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"It's beyond pathetic that this kind of behavior is justified by cops here on this forum"

You need to back your azz up, dipstick. Show me where anyone here stated that this behavior was justified? If the officers of LAPD have done wrong, that's why we have a criminal and civil court system in this country.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here you go zeN.

This will help you with your outlook on like.

People on this Form do not condone Rogue LEO, Excessive Force.

This was started, in respect and remembrance of those LEO that lost their life in the line of duty.

If you wish to bash rouge LEO, start your on thread. I think you like to use this one because you are a Troll. If you would start your on thread it would probably, just die off. Nobody cares for people Hijacking their thread. So start your own.
.[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hammerdown; 05/18/09.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I thought I was done with this thread. I was wrong.

It is beyond pathetic that this kind of behavior can be justified by cops, here on this forum, and in response to the public outcry over this, to ask people to pay homage to cops while this kind of attitude is prevalent among cops

I never thought I would quote myself, but I will for those who are slow, blind or have an agenda:

I've said it before and, apparently, I need to reiterate my standpiont: nobody hates rogue cops worse than I do (normally I would use "good cops" in place of the "I" but I don't want to offend your delicate sensibilities again).

Who has an attitude? Who is setting up the us vs. them in yet another thread? It's not the cops!

George

Last edited by NH K9; 05/18/09.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Keep those pics to yourself!

That little girl is creepin' me out.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She's saying "Pretend you don't hear them and they'll go away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
OK then, if you claim you abhor rogue cop behavior, I would like to know how many of the cops on 24 subscribe to, and more to the point PRACTISE the principles of sheriff Richard Mack, that is if you care to come out of hiding, and if you are not ashamed of the work you do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJgPuNAh60

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Trying to get in some more stupidity before the short school bus shows up, I see!

Don't forget your helmet, wingnut!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by zeN
OK then, if you claim you abhor rogue cop behavior, I would like to know how many of the cops on 24 subscribe to, and more to the point PRACTISE the principles of sheriff Richard Mack, that is if you care to come out of hiding, and if you are not ashamed of the work you do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLJgPuNAh60

Many of us have identified ourselves so we're obviously not hiding. I'm fairly certain none of us are ashamed of the job we do.

My statements and beliefs speak for themselves. I'm not here to justify why I do what I do to anybody. I've given enough info. here that if anybody really wanted to find out exactly who I am and where I work they could do so. If a person was so inclined, they could then follow up with the people who employ me.

Believe it or not, the opinion of someone who lives across the country in regards to how I do my job means nothing to me. Different story for the people around here.

George

Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
I'm sure in truth MANY policemen lurk on this and other forums where these discussions take place, and don't identify themselves, for a variety of reasons, they are the listening post of the government, both formally (as in police activities HS that most probably listens in) and informally, which is why a lot of people fear expressing their opinions about LE.
Since you are a cop you DO have to justify how you do your job, and the fact that you do not care about opinions of the public posted on a public forum does not suprise me, that's really the point, now isn't it,
it also does not suprise me that of all the cops on this channel, very few (if at all) are willing to come forward and wholeheartedly openly support the principles outlined by Sheriff Richard Mack-that speaks VOLUMES about the mind-set of police in general

Last edited by zeN; 05/19/09.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

223 members (1lessdog, 2ndwind, 204guy, 280shooter, 300_savage, 264mag, 33 invisible), 2,016 guests, and 740 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,445
Posts18,507,883
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.