Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by zeN
Hawkeye,
You made some interesting statements re:the left/right, would you describe the characteristics of a far right society, if you reject fascism as the expression of that far right ideology
It's not a matter of me rejecting anything. It's just so.

A far right society is what the Founders gave us. Extreme decentralization of government power. Separation of powers. Checks and balances. Strictly limited (by a constitution) central government. Private sector handles the vast majority of matters. Local self government on the vast majority of matters that require governance. The Federal Government's powers look almost exclusively outwards toward the rest of the world, e.g., foreign policy, foreign trade, diplomacy, the military (primarily only the Navy, as there would be no standing army, per se).

Primarily only the States and local governments look inwards towards the citizenry, and are responsive to the will of their local communities. No effort is made by government in the way of social engineering. That's not the role of government. Neither is providing a safety net. That's for private charitable concerns.

States would have significant power to check abuses and usurpations by the Federal Government by direct appointment of US Senators by State legislatures/governors.

The only internal matters with which central government concerns itself are such things as coining real money, providing laws which regularize interstate commerce (prohibited from being used as a pretext for banning certain private behaviors or possessions, as such things are strictly State and local concerns), establish a court system, establishing weights and measures, etc. No direct taxation of state residents by central government without apportionment. The Federal Government is primarily funded via duties payed by foreign companies participating in our markets.

Read Federalist No. 45: http://www.constitution.org/fed/federa45.htm

PS Were I a Founding Father, I would have included, at least in my own State's constitution, a prohibition on annual taxation of real estate, which is clearly in conflict with the very notion of private property rights, which are essential for liberty. Naturally, any goods produced on private property would be subject to reasonable taxation should that be the will of the majority of residents (Under this scheme, however, limits are imposed by a natural order of things, since at a certain point of taxation, production will cease, and that's a decidedly undesirable consequence for a government dependent on taxation for support). Private property itself, however, would (like goods) only be subject to local/State taxation at each point of sale.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by zeN
Well Jim,
We are coming from different points of view but at least you argue like a gentleman, I can at least respect that:)
The responses from some of the cops and their little bitches in here speaks volumes about their attitude toward citizens and their rights,
which is my purpose for commenting on these subjects, to bring this to the light,
I could truly care less what the suspects in this case, that is LAW ENFORCEMENT think about it-they are SERVANTS

That's correct. PUBLIC servants, not INDIVIDUAL servants.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by zeN
Well Jim,
We are coming from different points of view but at least you argue like a gentleman, I can at least respect that:)
The responses from some of the cops and their little bitches in here speaks volumes about their attitude toward citizens and their rights,
which is my purpose for commenting on these subjects, to bring this to the light,
I could truly care less what the suspects in this case, that is LAW ENFORCEMENT think about it-they are SERVANTS

That's correct. PUBLIC servants, not INDIVIDUAL servants.

Bingo!

Again, funny that he talks about arguing like a gentleman but can't do so himself. I have yet, in my posting history, to refer to anyone as a biotch or, for that matter, insult somebody's mother.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Z
zeN Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Ltppowell your elitist condescending attitude and motivation for doing what you do ($$$) is already on paper, you think of yourself as a servant about as much as Janet Reno did

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by zeN
Yeah you can win-follow the spirit and law of the Constitution, SERVE the people of the United States in a way that citizens will support, and lastly get rid of BATF, which has no Constitutional authority, reduce the number of police in society, restrict their ability to interfere with citizens who are just going about their business, take away the SWAT teams which are assasination squads, have no place in a free society, reduce the kind and number of guns police may use, frankly I vote that they be required to go back to revolvers, this will make them attempt to resolve issues reasonably without going into a situation with a "shoot first" mentality, hold abusive police criminially liable for agregious violations against citizens like Ruby Ridge, etc., it's not rocket science
+1

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by zeN
Bull, there has always been crime, there always will be, leftists have been preaching that guns are evil, and we need to give up our guns and let law enforcement protect us, paramilitarizing the police, and LE has gone along with all this self-serving bs, why wouldn't they? We pay them high salaries and perks, buy all their toys, so they can use it against us like Ruby Ridge, for which they are practically immune from criminal prosecution,
It is not in the interest of police bureaucracies to give up power, they use fear to justify their activities, most of them full well knowing they cannot justify many of the practises these very same cops in this channel FORCE upon citizens on a regular basis,
if you weren't disarming the citizenry then citizens would/could protect themselves,
laws have been enacted that create whole new classes of criminals, guess what-you as a gun owner are IN one of these criminal classes and it is getter worse, and may get much worse before its over, the police prey upon the citizenry in a Police State and have, along WITH the republicans gone along with putting more police in every aspect of society-you cannot have limited government and a police State at the same time.
I think every citizen that reads this thread should be asking themselves the real question,
WHY WILL THE COPS ON THIS CHANNEL REFUSE TO PLEDGE TO THE PRINCIPLES OF SHERRIFF RICHARD MACK?????

You, sir, are a man after my own heart.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by zeN
Ltppowell your elitist condescending attitude and motivation for doing what you do ($$$) is already on paper, you think of yourself as a servant about as much as Janet Reno did

Servants are not the same thing as slaves.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Methinks "zeN" has this agenda of hate towards LEO 'cause he washed out trying to enter the field of work. Head case most likely. zeN is really very envious as well as jealous of cops.

I state this having looked at the nature of the threads new "Member zeN" has participated in.

GOA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think he has over-estimated his ability as an agitator and under-estimated the contempt that sane people have for his inept efforts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...and people wonder why Southern California gets a bad rap.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
They follow the LAW. That is their job. That is what they are paid to do. The laws were made by officials elected by the voters in this country. Right or wrong, good or bad, like it or not, as long as a law is a law they (LEO's) have to enforce it until it is changed.

See, this is the truly frightening quote. If all cops believe this, then we really aren't that far away from a really bad place to be.

You see, I'm not all that worried about bad cops. I know that the truly dishonest cops are relatively few and far between. And while it is true that no-knock warrants irritate me and I believe they are an egregious assault on liberty, they are relatively few in number. And yes, the so-called thin blue line and the the seeming reluctance of cops to testify against bad cops is a serious issue, but it isn't a world changer. No, the idea that cops are there to enforce the law, no matter what it is, and no matter if they agree with it or not is the idea that can destroy us.

I don't really want to resort to the NAZI arguement, but I simply must point out that the Gauleiters in good old Deutschland were doing nothing but following the law when they helped round up the Jews. Did they make the law? Of course not. Did all of them agree with the law? Undoubtedly not. But as that it was the law, they felt duty bound to enforce it and if it were to be changed, then it was encumbant upon the people and the politicians to do so. By just doing their duty as they saw it, they were key players in one of the biggest evils ever perpetrated on the world. Had they but stood up and refused to "just enforce the law" who knows what would have happened?

But in any case, I am most afraid of the cop who is "just enforcing the law" because I don't trust the people making the laws. Next year or some year in the not too distant future, it may be illegal for me to keep an AR-15 in my home unless I license it and submit to massive regulation. If I choose to ignore the law, it won't be some criminal or some bad cop I must fear. No, it will be the good cop who is doing his job and just "enforcing the law" who will be the one to get me. He'll arrest me and even if he doesn't agree with the law or believe it is just, he'll justify his actions by saying, "Hey, I don't make the law. I just enforce it. If people don't like the law, they need to vote enough to change it."

In this country we have some image of tyranny and it always involves faceless men who put their bootheels on the hapless faces of a supine populous. But in reality, tyranny has never come to any nation in that manner. The rank and file instruments of that tyranny were the good people, your neighbors, the so-called civil servants, and the police who simply believed that they were doing what was right because they were just doing their jobs as they saw it. A lot of evil can be hidden behind the saying, "I'm just doing my job."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
excellent post Coss

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Thanks Jim. I like being a public servant. Speaking of that, when did you guys (the public) elect zeN as your spokesman? smile

Right before we held presidential elections. frown

Jim

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe
They follow the LAW. That is their job. That is what they are paid to do. The laws were made by officials elected by the voters in this country. Right or wrong, good or bad, like it or not, as long as a law is a law they (LEO's) have to enforce it until it is changed.

See, this is the truly frightening quote. If all cops believe this, then we really aren't that far away from a really bad place to be.

You see, I'm not all that worried about bad cops. I know that the truly dishonest cops are relatively few and far between. And while it is true that no-knock warrants irritate me and I believe they are an egregious assault on liberty, they are relatively few in number. And yes, the so-called thin blue line and the the seeming reluctance of cops to testify against bad cops is a serious issue, but it isn't a world changer. No, the idea that cops are there to enforce the law, no matter what it is, and no matter if they agree with it or not is the idea that can destroy us.

I don't really want to resort to the NAZI arguement, but I simply must point out that the Gauleiters in good old Deutschland were doing nothing but following the law when they helped round up the Jews. Did they make the law? Of course not. Did all of them agree with the law? Undoubtedly not. But as that it was the law, they felt duty bound to enforce it and if it were to be changed, then it was encumbant upon the people and the politicians to do so. By just doing their duty as they saw it, they were key players in one of the biggest evils ever perpetrated on the world. Had they but stood up and refused to "just enforce the law" who knows what would have happened?

But in any case, I am most afraid of the cop who is "just enforcing the law" because I don't trust the people making the laws. Next year or some year in the not too distant future, it may be illegal for me to keep an AR-15 in my home unless I license it and submit to massive regulation. If I choose to ignore the law, it won't be some criminal or some bad cop I must fear. No, it will be the good cop who is doing his job and just "enforcing the law" who will be the one to get me. He'll arrest me and even if he doesn't agree with the law or believe it is just, he'll justify his actions by saying, "Hey, I don't make the law. I just enforce it. If people don't like the law, they need to vote enough to change it."

In this country we have some image of tyranny and it always involves faceless men who put their bootheels on the hapless faces of a supine populous. But in reality, tyranny has never come to any nation in that manner. The rank and file instruments of that tyranny were the good people, your neighbors, the so-called civil servants, and the police who simply believed that they were doing what was right because they were just doing their jobs as they saw it. A lot of evil can be hidden behind the saying, "I'm just doing my job."

+1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by pumpgun
If he was a minor when the supposed crime occurred doesn't that wipe his record?

tom

He could have been tried as an Adult.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I actually agree with your post also, other than the fact that it looks like you are quoting me, which you are not. Pretty neat trick though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That sounds all good on paper, but what about the reality. Let's say as an LEO if you don't work for an agency that's civil service, union or some other form of job protection. You serve at the pleasure of your employer or are in an "at will" state.

The admin. comes to you with a warrant to serve that you really don't believe the probable cause. You also feel that the affidavit was made up, but can't prove it. What do you do refuse to serve it?

Most agencies have the right to fire you for insubordination. What do you do throw away your career with that agency and your future career with another agency? Oh you can hire an attorney and attempt to sue them.

Seen that done, the LEO won the battle, but lost the war. He was still fired or screwed with so much that he quit. This with a write up in their personnel file that they were insubordinate, which makes them tainted to any other agency that they may apply to.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I liked my statement so much I did it twice. smile

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My statement applies to a civilized country, such as the USA we live in today, and not Nazi Germany of years ago. I don't know any LEO's out there that would blindly follow laws that went against the laws of humanity as we know it. I am sure there are a few out there but they are the exception and not the rule.

Jim

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
He has to whine on the Net. His ankle bracelet keeps him at his grandmom's house.

this little whackoff is obviously that DPML guy come back to haunt us....he tried to hide it at first but you can tell

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (338rcm, 7mm_Loco, 35, 6mmbrfan, 1_deuce, 11 invisible), 1,365 guests, and 807 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,450
Posts18,507,949
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.