-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tzone - I have the twin to your 184lb on my wall (actually still in a box from the move). My rack may be a bit wider and has a broken point. I stabbed him with a broadhead in 93.

He's actually a funny story. My buddy was hunting 3-4 big bucks on a farm down the road from his house. He had just started bowhunting and I helped set him up - bow, stands, tips, etc. He hunted these bucks for 3 weeks and was giving up. He invited me to hunt and I jumped at the chance - I knew the deal. My buddy liked to hunt along the woods-field line. I tried to convince him to hunt a logging road coming out of a thick side hill. He half hearted tried it a few nites.

I hunted back off the field for two nights and had bucks around me both nights - but was not far enough back in to catch them coming to the field before dark. In fact, I had a buck rub a tree literally 5 feet from my treestand one night after dark. I saw him coming and he did the typical buck thing and staged up, goofed off, rubbed a few trees. I didn't want to spook him so stayed in the tree for ~ 45 after dark waiting for him to leave. I waited a few days till the last week of October, picked a perfect cool, clear evening, went back to the logging road, found 2-3 fresh scrapes, hung a buck lure canister, set up 15 yards downwind. About 20 minutes before dark I hear a deer walking and sure enough here comes a dandy up the logging road, hits the scrape - lip curl, urination - the whole deal. Broadside at 15 yards - I had seen that shot before................ wink

My buddy has killed a few deer from that logging road since. It's a classic set-up - just wait for the end of the season and a good wind night.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think those our Northern friends have those deer on the 'roids....I've never seen anything like it. Bobin is playing us fellas.....he's probably got more big bucks than I'll ever see (Skane has proven he does). Nice try Bob.

I can assure you guys of one thing. While my hunting skills may be lacking, I can eat bisquits with the best of 'em.

Last edited by JGRaider; 06/05/09.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Bobin is playing us fellas.....he's probably got more big bucks than I'll ever see (Skane has proven he does). Nice try Bob.

I can assure you guys of one thing. While my hunting skills may be lacking, I can eat bisquits with the best of 'em.

I'm thinkin' you are right! Didn't Bob start this thread? I think hes knows something we don't... wink
And you are right SKane can sit the rest of this one out...I don't know how many more feelings of inadequacy I can handle! laugh
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've pretty much played all my cards......I can now enjoy the rest of this thread, pics, etc while hanging my head in shame. There's no telling what tzone will pull out of his hat......I anxiously await more HGH infested deer pics from the yanks! Ingwe, you're not entirely innocent yourself my friend.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Ingwe, you're not entirely innocent yourself my friend.

Sure I am. I'm just the proverbial blind hog that has stumbled on to a few acorns.. wink
I killed a REALLY little one last year...honest! blush
But I gotta say, the venison was a pink/grey color instead of that dark mule deer red...and it was the first to dissappear from the freezer! laugh
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Okay, what the hell, heres another one..I posted this someplace else, so forgive me if youve seen it...I'm running out of pics! wink
[Linked Image]
Ingwe

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK last one...honest.I'm sorry, things are a little slow tonight...
[Linked Image]
Ingwe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dang, you've put an awful lot of good mulies on the turf. Nice!

And, gents, I know for a fact that friend Bob is holding out on us. We need to start scanning some picts Bob!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'm guessing from the times on alot of his posts, hes an insomniac, let set our alarms for 2:30 am , get up and hound him into fessin up... wink
You go first... whistle
Ingwe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is a 334 Pound, 9pt whitetail I killed on Nov. 19, 2004, near Paris, Missouri. It was the longest shot I have ever attempted on any game. It was 528 measured yards, almost corner-to-corner on a 40 acre corn field. One shot with a Win 70 Classic Stainless .308 Win. with 150gr Speer Spitzer Hotcore over a max load of RL-15 at around 2900 fps. I practiced regularly with this rifle and load out to 500 meters (about 547 yds) on the metallic silhouette range near my house, so I was confident with the shot. The buck was broadside, and I hit him just behind the shoulder blade, but at that range there was no exit wound (that really surprised me). But still, the buck only went about 20 yds and piled up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

At the processor, the "docked carcass" (field dressed, plus head, hide and lower legs removed) still weighed 198 pounds.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
IC B3

B
BobinNH Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Skeezix: Great deer!And nice work shooting as well wink

I'm waiting for Greenhorn to show up with some of those creatures he shoots.

MAN!!! There are some BUCKS on here!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
BobinNH Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ingwe: I have some pics hanging around somewhere but they're scattered,and on film....how the hell do you get those on the computer?

I DID have an Alberta buck posted on here a couple years ago...dunno how to find it. You guys are flushing me out.....I'll get some photos over to Scott.They are not as large as some of the bucks here, but I was impressed when I shot them grin

mudhen: If it's liquid,and brown, it's good by me wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
skeezix-

I think the term used in fishing is "lunker". That's BIG-nice shootin' too.

Bob's right, for the sake of our ego's, we'd better hope Greenhorn doesn't show...*laughin*

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Greenie has a pic of a deer he shot while quite young that makes me drool. It's a lunker.

As to our buddy Bob - its called chummin' wink I'm sure he's got a few to share.

Bob, If you scan the pics, save as a pdf, you can post them. Unfortunately the quality sucks. I'm looking to do the same for a few bucks I've killed. 'Cept I can't hang with the big dogs, so I should stay on the porch - or under it...........

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
B
BobinNH Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bwinters

'Cept I can't hang with the big dogs, so I should stay on the porch - or under it...........

b: Me,too! grin

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Bob, all my pics are on old fashioned film, I took them to a Kodak kiosk and scanned them into CD form,loaded that into my computer, and uploaded them into a photobucket account ( free) From there its, click, copy and paste...
I am REALLY technologically challenged and trust me, if I can do it...
One hint, if you use a Kodak kiosk, use the generic CD and not theirs, its a softeware PITA thing....
Ingwe

B
BobinNH Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ingwe: I assume I could take them to Staples also to do this?I found a few (not all). I am pretty sloppy when it comes to pictures,not at all as diligent as I should be..... smile

Not too many back here were interested but me...

But thanks for that tip...I will follow up on that.

Last edited by BobinNH; 06/06/09.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I've ben thinking about this thread after posting on it the first time way back toward the beginning.

What is it about 300-pound deer? THERE'S MORE MEAT ON 'EM!!!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Bob, Staples should be fine.BTW when you go to post from the photobucket account, click and copy on " IMG Code"...
Mule Deer; PM sent.
Ingwe

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SKane
skeezix-

I think the term used in fishing is "lunker". That's BIG-nice shootin' too.

Bob's right, for the sake of our ego's, we'd better hope Greenhorn doesn't show...*laughin*

+1 to that

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,830
Posts18,477,961
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.