Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bender
Didn't say they SHOULD NOT be civil, but rather, I understand when they are not. After numerous failures in real life by athletes, actors, etc, we obviously expect too much of them. Every now and then, a good one comes along, and they stand out. Lou Gehrig comes to mind. A class act all the way. Most people are not up to the task of fulfilling our dreams.

There's a big difference between "living up to my dreams" and just not acting like a total jackass. I would personally accept something between the two extremes.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
How many of those disciplines have you studied? Have you sparred against any of the above?

I've seen guys who have bragged up their Krav skills SCHOOLED by MMA fighters (MT/BJJ backgrounds specifically).

Krav as practiced by the military, in a military setting, is probably a different ball game. I can't say as I haven't actually experienced it. Funny, that..

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by NH K9
How many of those disciplines have you studied? Have you sparred against any of the above?

I've seen guys who have bragged up their Krav skills SCHOOLED by MMA fighters (MT/BJJ backgrounds specifically).

Krav as practiced by the military, in a military setting, is probably a different ball game. I can't say as I haven't actually experienced it. Funny, that..

George

Yep. Krav's meant to save your life, not win a fight with rules. Eye gouges are frowned upon by the UFC, I hear. laugh

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Yup, it is.

The same can be said for most disciplines, though. We learn things in most that are unacceptable for the ring. Hell, some of it I won't even use on the job under most circumstances.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Can't dispute the dissing of the sponsors-that was uncalled for, but these guys get paid to go out and beat the living crap out of each other to entertain the audience, and they're expected to show class? What am I missing here? Yeah-it's real classy to kick the snot out of a guy for a paycheck, ain't it?

You are missing everything,and obviously have watched little if any MMA.

There is a reason why Randy Couture is the most beloved fighter of all time,bar none.And it has nothing to do with his fights.He doesn't say a bad word about any of his opponents,win loose or draw.He's humble in victory and defeat,and treats everyone with the upmost respect.That is the reason why so many fighters look up to Randy,and why so many fighters name him as their role model.

These fighters are regular people who just choose to make their living as professional athletes.How they conduct themselves while doing their jobs is how we judge them.

Guys like Randy Couture and Minotauro Nogueira do their jobs with style and class,no matter if they have a good day or a bad day at work.And everyone loves them,no matter what.

Guys like Lesnar on the other hand,who act like they just broke out of an insane asylum while at work,are generally thought to be a$$holes by the general public.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nebraska

The KO was outstanding but the hit he put on Bisbing after Bisbing had hit the mat was WAY beyond a cheap shot and could've killed the guy. VERY poor form IMO......

There was nothing wrong with the last shot he landed on him and it would have been a non-issue if Rogan hadn't asked that question and Henderson cracked the joke about shutting him up.

No one said bo-peep about Gabe Gonzaga hitting Cro Cop two or three more times after flat lining him with that head kick a few years back.Or when Rashad Evans did the same thing to Sean Salmon.Or yadda yadda yadda.

SOP is that you knock a guy down,and you pounce until the ref pulls you off.Pretty much everyone follows that and so did Henderson.If it wasn't for the joke afterwards,no one would have said anything.

FWIW,Henderson knocked Renzo Gracie out cold with a strange uppercut on the ground,and the ref didn't see it at all.Henderson was the only person who noticed it,and immediatley stopped fighting and was checking to make sure Renzo was ok before the ref had even called the fight.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is what one of Brock's co-workers thinks.

From Shane Carwin's website-

The main card did not let us down. Each match was put together perfectly and in the end the fans got to see a great display of technique, talent and heart. I cannot say I was surprised by anything that night other then Brock's reaction to beating a very tough Frank Mir. Frank is a legend and a great guy who got out powered not out classed. The sponsor issue, you need to talk to your manager not the fans or Dana.

The flipping off of the fans that just lined your pocket with millions of dollars is just LAME. He may be a Champion but he has a long ways to go before he earns the respect of a Champion. The fans are why we do this Brock, this sport is not about fat paychecks and drama it is about hard work and sacrifice for a shot to do what you did last night. It doesn't matter how much money you make if you can't earn your peers respect and the respect and love of the greatest sporting fans in the world. We have no scripts in this sport, no pre-determined earning amount and no pre-determined outcomes. It doesn't matter if you win or loose it matters how you win or loose.

Every autograph I give, every hand I shake I am thankful that you give me the opportunity to be a part of your world. This is the greatest sport int he world and most of the athletes in it deserve the love and respect they get and some just dont get it.

From leaving the venue all the way to the Airport I have had fans of the sport ask me to take out Brock Lesnar for them. The thing is I have a very tough fight ahead of me that IMO is every bit as tough and talented as Brock. Cain is no joke and he may have had a tough fight against Kongo but I got rocked against Gonzaga. Fact is we are at the top of the HWT division and anyone we fight moving forward is going to be a real test. Cain is nothing short of a super athlete with amazing wrestling and he trains with one of the best camps in the country. I am sure Joe Silva told Cain the same thing he told us, winner gets the title shot. Cain is not looking past me he is looking right at me as the person that is in his way from potentially one of the greatest opportunities of his life and mine.

I have said what I have to say about Brock. He will make sure the world knows who he is and what he is all about. I ask that you my fans and the fans of Cain give this fight its due. You would never see two rising undefeated stars put together in Boxing so enjoy this fight. Two warriors with wills to win and the skills to do so are going to show those watching UFC 104 what the future of the sport will look like. Tune in and support Cain and I.

WB.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I was very impressed with Henderson. I really think that he took it very personally to personally teach Bisping the difference between UFC competition and what it takes to win a title.

Lesnar for all of the hullaballooh might not match well with Tim Sylvia before he gets to Fedor. I know that Dana White will make Lesnar busy. I can imagine Lesnar fighting almost every single month for a while.

GSP rocks. He dominated a stronger Thiago. He showed that technique beats raw strength. I hated Joe Rogan's commentary on GSPs wrestling skill.

It was worth it.

Sincerely,
Thomas

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
It appears most everyone has overlooked the obvious in their concerns over improper behavior in these discussions.
Over the years old Vince and the WWF/WWE/ or whatever they are calling themselves this week have filled their pockets with your money by playing the good guy/bad guy game to its limits. Poor behavior be dammed, they play it to the highest level.
Now Mr. White is no fool either, and intends to fill his pockets with the money of fools that get caught up in the game. Again the use of poor behavior will enhance the good/bad guy battle and insure huge gates receipts for future matches.
FREE advice.....go hunting or fishing with a kid, and don't worry about MMA unless you have nothing better to waste your time on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know if I have ever watched Shane fight. Will have to find some on youtube.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B3

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
"Good card,it was worth the $45"

watching Hendo KO Bisping was worth every penny
so WB hypothetical Lesner VS lashley how does it play out ?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
If it wasn't for the joke afterwards,no one would have said anything.

I commented on it the second it happened and the joke just solidified the thought that he knew what he was doing when he landed the cheap shot.

IMO that was a big-time cheap shot period. You can list all the other instances of cheap shots to justify it but two or ten wrongs don't make a right. He should've showed better restraint and not taken that shot - bad blood or not. YMMV....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pretty easy to say when you're sitting on the chesterfield in front of a television, watching slow motion re-plays.

Fact is, hesitation can/will lose fights, and I've seen guys get hit and fall like that, only to recover and pull guard. There is a good reason why they have a 3rd guy in a black shirt in the ring....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by michaln
so WB hypothetical Lesner VS lashley how does it play out ?

Hard to say at this point,since Lashley hasn't faced any sort of a stern test in the ring yet.It seems like Lashley is cut from the same mold as Lesnar,as both cringe at the thought of getting hit.So,a fight between the two would most likely be a grappling match for the most part.I'd lean twards Lesnar in that regards,although if Lashley could keep the pace up with lots of scrambles,he could wear Lesnar down.Lesnar tires quickley when the pace is fast (watch the Couture fight),and that would be one of the keys for Lashley in that sort of match,since Lashley would have the much better cardio of the two.

Nebraska,
Henderson did nothing wrong or dirty.Ask Bisping and he'd tell you the same thing.You go until the ref pulls you off.The only thing Dan did wrong is say that he enjoyed giving him the extra shot at the end.

Now this is a cheap shot.

WB.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I don't know if I have ever watched Shane fight. Will have to find some on youtube.

Here is his last fight.

WB.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
There is a reason why Randy Couture is the most beloved fighter of all time,bar none

Speaking of Randy, he thinks he can take Brock if there's a rematch.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/2537310/Randy-I-know-I-can-beat-Lesnar.html

Though I dislike Brock, I think Randy would have his hands full w/ a rematch. I'd love to have him surprise me though, and see Randy drop him w/ a KO.

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Randy or Lashley would get mauled,IMO. Brock is getting better every time he goes out. A second chance isn't in Randy's favor. As far as Lashley goes everything he brings Brock does so x2 not to mention the competition level Brock has been facing.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,862
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.