Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Does this seem a fair deal and a good lower option to begin with,gents?

http://riflegear.com/p-576-lmt-defender-lower-with-sopmod-stock-and-two-stage-trigger.aspx

Last edited by isaac; 07/26/09.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You can find better deals if you shop around but a bird in the hand..... wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
For 600 I'd want to know what trigger. The lowers are worth around 100 bucks these days, parts kit around maybe 75 or so. Then add that fancy stock, and the fancy trigger... and the rest of the parts to get there.

Used to be standard RRA lowers with 2 stage triggers were around 225. I don't think you'll find that anymore but its what it was.

OTOH you can't really go wrong with that other than possibly the pricing.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
isaac, you might want to check this out, a fair price at todays market and just have the fellow building it fine tune and stone the standard trigger.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134611021

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Tod
Charles, have you used the CompM4? I have a couple of M2s, but they do suck batteries dry. I like the that they've finally switched to AA. I have too many optics that use weird batteries (like 'N' in the old Eotechs).

Quite a bit. I still haven't had to change the battery in the very first ones we got. I also greatly prefer the 2MOA dot vice the 4.
As far as the M2 in concerned, I still use one. It works. I leave it on the second or third highest setting and just replace the batteries about every six months.

When were talking versatility it is very hard to beat a 2 minute Aimpoint in conjunction with a magnifier. If most of my shots are under 300m and they are likely to come at any range within that 300m, the dot+magnifier works very well.

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
issac, the LMT lower with SOPMOD stock and 2 stage trigger retails for just under $540. I love the SOPMOD stocks and the LMT 2 stage trigger is one of the good ones, not the best but a good one.

That setup would make a very good platform to build an accurate yet reliable gun. For me the SOPMOD stocks give me a cheekweld comparable to a good bolt action stock, has storage compartments for oil, batteries and such and still is adjustable.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
TWR

Good info on the stock. Wasn't all the familiar with it.

Didn't know LMT did their own 2 stage.. something comparable to an RRA/Armalite, or a step lower like a Bushy/CLE, or a step above the RRA?

Does LMT do dealer stuff? Need to find if Armalite does dealer too for a friend after some AR10 stuff....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
rost495, I have both the RRA and the LMT 2 stage triggers and both seem to be about equal. That being said I prefer a jewell or having the standard trigger reworked to my liking.
The SOMPOD stocks are the only way to go as far as I'm concerned and I have two guns using them and if I could afford it they would all have them. As TWR said the cheek weld is as close to a normal rifle as you can get.
It is funny watching isaac go through this AR build process as he really doesn't know whats in store for him once the bug bites him. grin The only end result is just how much money you want to spend building AR's I don't think there has been a time in the last 10-15 years that there has not been at least a half dozen complete AR's and enough parts to build a few more sitting in the gun room, heck I have parts I didn't even remember I had.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Jeff, LMT does setup direct dealer accounts and even gives a pretty good LE discount. Problem is like everyone else they are behind...

Even though I'm a dealer, I've never seen one of their 2 stage triggers to compare for myself. I've seen pics of course and seen lots of reviews, they are more expensive than retail on RR's. I remove the brad on the RR disconnector and replace it with a SS pin that is captured by the lower. (thanks to ADCO for the idea) Not really necassary but I like things bulletproof. LMT's option seems to be more rugged but again I ain't seen one in person.

As I've tried to say before, every piece of "bling" on my guns serves a purpose. The stock is tight, as in no wobble, zero, carries stuff and feels better than any other I've tried. Yes they are expensive but what ain't anymore? If it allows me to shoot better, it's money well spent.

Even their standard M4 stock is designed to take more abuse and lock up tight on the tube. I use their bolts and carriers or Colt for all my builds. Again I just like bulletproof stuff.

I wouldn't call that 2 stage thing Bushmaster makes a trigger.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by jimmyd223
isaac, you might want to check this out, a fair price at todays market and just have the fellow building it fine tune and stone the standard trigger.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134611021

+++++++++++++++++

Jimmy,

Exact same stock as I posted but you found one cheaper, correct?

Thanks for the help gents. I think I'll buy my lower today. If the two you and I posted are the exact same thing Jimmy, I'll do the "Buy It Now" for 495 on the one you posted.

I don't have the trained eye for observation you boys have so I want to be certain. I can read and it appears they are the exact same lowers with one being a hundred bucks cheaper.

BMT....it was a pleasure speaking with you last night and I appreciate you taking time from your hectic schedule to help a dumbass out in this very fun project.

Last edited by isaac; 07/27/09.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great way to start. You are lucky to find one given the current backlog that exists at the moment.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
rost495, I have both the RRA and the LMT 2 stage triggers and both seem to be about equal. That being said I prefer a jewell or having the standard trigger reworked to my liking.
The SOMPOD stocks are the only way to go as far as I'm concerned and I have two guns using them and if I could afford it they would all have them. As TWR said the cheek weld is as close to a normal rifle as you can get.
It is funny watching isaac go through this AR build process as he really doesn't know whats in store for him once the bug bites him. grin The only end result is just how much money you want to spend building AR's I don't think there has been a time in the last 10-15 years that there has not been at least a half dozen complete AR's and enough parts to build a few more sitting in the gun room, heck I have parts I didn't even remember I had.

Interesting, you couldn't give me a jewel or a tuned standard trigger.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
issac, the one jimmy posted has the standard trigger in it. The trigger is $120 extra or so so the one you found would be a cheaper deal.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
TWR...The one I posted had the 2 trigger system and was 599. I've not found the 545 price as of yet.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Terry, I just ordered one of the Leupold 1.5-5X20 illuminted with the circle dot. It should be at the house next week and will go on the LMT/RRA, hoping it will make a good combo.
I sure do like the looks of that 2.5-10 though.

I have been using a Leupold 1.5-5X 30mm VX-III on my Bushmaster varmint rifle. It seems to be doing a fine job.
[Linked Image]

Sam......

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You likley won't. As stated you will pay a premium finding one in stock. I was wrong on the $540 price, that one has the ambidextrious safety (which I don't like) here's the retail price direct from LMT for the SOPMOD stock and 2 stage trigger and lower
http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=27&cid=4&session=dc0d8ed0b8d0dbb0adea44afd24fca6c
but again they are way behind on orders and some dealers are adding a premium for in stock status.

Here's a great deal, Denny is a good guy.
http://global-tactical.com/lmtdefender2000withsopmodand2stagetriggerinstock.aspx

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The in stock premium is just that.

If I HAD to have something right now, there is no option. I saw guy's paying 225 plus for stripped lowers... I just got in 2 AR10 lowers for 189 each.. and AR15 lowers are back to the 100 dollar area..

Just saying you gotta know how desperate you are at this time.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by TWR

+1 on Denny and the deal.

BTW - what type of grip is that??

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
I was wondering if it was the Ergo grip myself. That's the grip I prefer.

Also, does the 2000 lower as to Denny's deal have any significance as opposed to the others that left that year? out?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TWR
You likley won't. As stated you will pay a premium finding one in stock. I was wrong on the $540 price, that one has the ambidextrious safety (which I don't like) here's the retail price direct from LMT for the SOPMOD stock and 2 stage trigger and lower
http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=27&cid=4&session=dc0d8ed0b8d0dbb0adea44afd24fca6c
but again they are way behind on orders and some dealers are adding a premium for in stock status.

Here's a great deal, Denny is a good guy.
http://global-tactical.com/lmtdefender2000withsopmodand2stagetriggerinstock.aspx

I don't care if it was made by Jesus Christ, anyone paying that kind of money for a lower is getting ripped.

Sam......

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,336
Posts18,526,767
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.