Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
KI,

I do not have one on any lever action as I do not own any, but I do have one mounted on my custom small-ring Mauser 7x57. I used it for almost all my hunting last season and was much impressed. It can be mounted as low as you want, has super eye-relief, really good optics, and all this in a 6.5 ounce package! In my opinion, it would be hard to beat for the purpose you have in mind.

M Bell

"You are so equipment conscious...you carry heavy millimeter cannon with you into the field. The American's sense of sportmanship is equated with his ability to master the sport with his purchases, not his skill." --Scottish author unknown--
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a Leupold 2.5 on my Winchester 94 .444 Marlin for a while; I replaced it with a 3X and sold it. The 3X seemed to me to have much better field of view. They also have great eye relief, don't weigh much, and stand up to recoil superbly. As does the 2.5X, and if it works for someone it's a good scope. The out-of-production 4X Burris Mini I wouldn't recommend on anything bigger than a .22. I had one for a while, and they don't have enough eye relief for heavy-recoiling rifles. Mine was on a .257 Roberts, and that kicked enough to plant it in my face occasionally -- even in a low-recoil rifle.

Best thing to do is call and email Leupold and ask them to produce an FX II 3X grin.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I have a Weaver 2.5 on my GG. It is the right power range for the gun. Buy it and be happy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I opted for the Scout Scope setup

I don't care for lever actions with scopes, but that's just personal preference, they always reminded me of a cargo carrier on a two seater sports car. Functional yes, aesthetically pleasing NO at least to me.

but I couldn't tell what accuracy my GG was capable of w/out a scope
so I hooked up the Scout Scope with QD Leupold rings.

glad I did, that little rifle can shoot with loads it likes.

[Linked Image]

it works well for my intentions for that rifle, it's my boat, snowmachine knock around rifle. Goes on hunting trips as a tent rifle and serves as a backup for everyone along on the trip. I'm lh so it works for Rh'ers too. take the scope along and if someone's rifle or scope goes TU, we put the scope on it and resume hunting.

the scout scope on this rifle was a good compromise for me. YMMV

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I like the 2.5 Weaver, 1x4 Leupold, the 3X Leupold, but my all time favorite is the now discomtinued 2.5X Leupold Alaskan with the smaller 7/8th inch tube..It is compact and really a nice scope, a copy of the old Lyman Alaskan but with a centered reticle.

For he life of me I don't know why they discontinued it in the 80s as I recall, guess it didn't sell..Today they bring a real premium if you can find one...

IC B2

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Yep, I like the one 2.5X20MM I have . Its the best scope I have ever had. I am likeing the smaller tubes on my levers alot these days . They seem to fit about as good as any to me . I flat gotta have a scope now to hit anything or I would just go Ghost rings all the way.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,087
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.