Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm on my 2nd Toyota Tacoma (Toyota bought back my '99 Taco last November for $14,100!!) and considered myself a Tacoma fan but I'm starting to lose that warm fuzzy with my current truck.

I bought my current Tacoma in November '09 and have already had to replace the windshield due to a leak and now my radio volume has quit working 2x this week so it'll obviously need replaced as well. Neither fix is a BIG deal but at this rate, I seriously doubt this truck will earn the "bullet-proof" label that has made Toyota so popular to date.

If I could do it all over again, I'd just save some $$ on the front end and go with a Ford F-150...... mad

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I would do the same thing. I bought a 2006 Tundra in January. It is OK, but don't like it as much as my F150. I haven't had any problems yet....on 50K on the odo so far.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I admit that I have a bias against jap products. Its the japs that started World War Two and subsequently killed my mother's only brother Mike in the south pacific.

The japs were so fanatical that they would not surrender even when beaten. We had to drop two atom bombs on them.

Thus I would have no pride in riding in a jap vehicle or owning a jap made gun for that matter.

The (jap) army felt that the troops must be keep fighting until the terms were formally agreed and broadcast this announcement : "We shall fight on to the bitter end, ever firm in our faith that we shall find life in death . . . and surge forward to destroy the arrogant enemy."

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Wait until your accelerator sticks. That will give you a 'surprise'.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Savage_99
I admit that I have a bias against jap products. Its the japs that started World War Two and subsequently killed my mother's only brother Mike in the south pacific.

The japs were so fanatical that they would not surrender even when beaten. We had to drop two atom bombs on them.

Thus I would have no pride in riding in a jap vehicle or owning a jap made gun for that matter.

The (jap) army felt that the troops must be keep fighting until the terms were formally agreed and broadcast this announcement : "We shall fight on to the bitter end, ever firm in our faith that we shall find life in death . . . and surge forward to destroy the arrogant enemy."
The Tacoma is made in the U.S.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I'm on my 2nd Toyota Tacoma (Toyota bought back my '99 Taco last November for $14,100!!) and considered myself a Tacoma fan but I'm starting to lose that warm fuzzy with my current truck.

I bought my current Tacoma in November '09 and have already had to replace the windshield due to a leak and now my radio volume has quit working 2x this week so it'll obviously need replaced as well. Neither fix is a BIG deal but at this rate, I seriously doubt this truck will earn the "bullet-proof" label that has made Toyota so popular to date.

If I could do it all over again, I'd just save some $$ on the front end and go with a Ford F-150...... mad
And if you went with a Ford, a leaky windshield and bad radio would be the least of your worries. You'd be fighting with the dealership to even admit any problem existed in the first place, then you'd be fighting with them to fix it under warranty, then they'd drag their feet fixing it and probably wouldn't do it worth a damn in the end.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a buddy that has a 2007 Tundra, I think he has lost count how many times Toyota has replaces the radio in that thing. I traded in a 2000 F150 4x4 for a 2006 Tundra, and wouldn't have if the transmission wouldn't have gotten salt water in it. Darn Hurricanes. My wife traded in the Toyota for a Nissan Maxima, so her old Trailblazer acts as my "truck" now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My 2006 ram was my first non toy new vehicle. There have been no major problems with the truck, but off the lot one of grab handles in the cab wasn't screwed on, and there was a cracked hose clamp that resulted in a slow coolant leak. The only thing slower than the coolant leak, was the 4 trips to the dealership over 6 weeks to get something fixed I could have figured out in an afternoon.

But why should I crawl on my back in the snow to find a broken hoseclamp when it's a 6 week old vehicle. The answer is, because it takes alot less time to fix it yourself than to deal with the dealership.

Hopefully this will be the last new truck I buy. I am keeping my eyes peeled for a mid 90's tacoma 4 cylinder trd for my kids vehicle.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Nebraska

I bought my current Tacoma in November '09...

Back to the future? smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Look who just ticked off the Germans and slighted Poland...

The japs were so fanatical that they would not surrender even when beaten.

Would you?

Me

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hey Derby Dude, I can see where you are coming from, but I'm going to say it anyway: Imagine applying that fanaticism of theirs that you say they have to the building of little trucks! You, personally, may not want to be caught dead in one, but alot of people don't mind taking advantage of their ability to build a good truck.
At least the guys who fought them got to fight them til their azzes were thoroughly kicked.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No but you will use a computer that has jap parts, watch TV that has jap parts, cook on a stove that has jap parts. You really need to get in touch with everyday life.

Jeff, sorry to hear about the current problems with the Toyota. Mine, Tundra has run 60 K for me without a bump. I now have 75 K on it and just stopped to check on replacing the timing belt, required at 90K. Bout fell over as it will be a 700.00 item.

Last edited by jimmyd223; 09/02/09.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, that's an improvement. On the 3.0 V-6's the timing belt had to be replaced at 60k miles, same cost. It's a fair bit of labor to get to the timing belt.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As soon as I can find the one I want I'm going back to an 01-03 F-250 Powerstroke turbo diesel 7.3. Clunker or not. To heck with all this new stuff.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by jimmyd223
I now have 75 K on it and just stopped to check on replacing the timing belt, required at 90K. Bout fell over as it will be a 700.00 item.

Lots of stuff to pull off to get to that belt, that is what you were paying for, not the belt.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A butt load of stuff to remove, the shop also said it might be a good idea to replace the water pump as it is in the same housing but damn if the water pump is 348.00 not counting labor. Shop said they could do both for 1K. Hell, that would buy another nice gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jimmyd223; 09/02/09.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Wow! In case you haven't noticed, WWII has been over for about 64 years. Get over it! Don't suppose you buy things made in Germany either. And yes, by the way, my Tundra and Camry are both made in the good ole U.S.A. too, and are hands down better than ANY Ford, Dodge, or Chevy than I've ever owned. And I've owned several. But, never again! Go Toyota....

And Savage 99, GET A LIFE!!!!

Hunter01

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tacos WERE made at NUMMI in Kali. A week of so ago, Toyota announced that union party is over and is shutting her down.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
A butt load of stuff to remove, the shop also said it might be a good idea to replace the water pump as it is in the same housing but damn if the water pump is 348.00 not counting labor. Shop said they could do both for 1K. Hell, that would buy another nice gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had that done on my Taraus last fall. Head gasket, water pump, timing chain, and some other crap I can't remember....$2,700 crazy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by duckear
Tacos WERE made at NUMMI in Kali. A week of so ago, Toyota announced that union party is over and is shutting her down.
They're moving production to San Antonio where the Tundra is now assembled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buddy of mine did tons of research on consumer sites, looking at reliability ratings and repair/recall records of all trucks. He was originally thinking of getting a Tundra or a Tacoma, as he is a big Toyota fan, and has had a number of Corollas for his wife and a couple of older Tacomas himself. He says that there have been a number of problems with the newer Tacomas, and transmission difficulties with the Tundras. According to his research, the most reliable trucks are all smaller ones: the Ford Ranger/Mazda B-series, the Nissan Frontier, and the Honda Ridgeline. He says that the big Fords, GM's, Dodges, Toyota are all average at best, and that the Nissan Titan is well below average in reliability.

I've had two F150's and liked them both. The first one was very reliable; I had no problems whatsoever. The second one has been good, but I did blow a spark plug out through the head cover (a fault that is common with the 4.6 litre engine).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by John_G
transmission difficulties with the Tundras.
The transmission "difficulties" were confined to the 2007 model year 5.7 4x4 Tundras only, not the 5.7 4x2, 4.7 4x4, etc.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rolled 160k on the Tacoma today. All I ever put into it was a battery and muffler. Did an IAC valve as well. So about 300 bucks.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tzone
I now have 75 K on it and just stopped to check on replacing the timing belt, required at 90K. Bout fell over as it will be a 700.00 item.

Lots of stuff to pull off to get to that belt, that is what you were paying for, not the belt.

On some engines, the pistons will hit the valves if they're open. A broken belt can be FAR more expensive than a new one that appears to have some life left in it. I much prefer a chain. It might be noisier when it gets old but I've never heard of one breaking.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've went Toyota to Chevy to Toyota to Chevy for a few trucks now.
4 Runners, Silverados, Avalanche, older Blazers etc. The last while not a truck is a used 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. While all have had little extra maintenance the Toyota is the hands down winner.

This FJ is one stout well done machine that I think you will have to work at to break.

Last edited by battue; 09/03/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
On some engines, the pistons will hit the valves if they're open. A broken belt can be FAR more expensive than a new one that appears to have some life left in it. I much prefer a chain. It might be noisier when it gets old but I've never heard of one breaking.

Toyota s are a non issue with the timing belt. If it breaks just get it replaced and move on. Timing belt on my wifes Avalon was 180 bucks and it s tranverse front wheel drive and not easy to get to. I would shop those prices around 770 for a belt seems pretty high

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 09/03/09.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Those dang mufflers will get you every time. grin

My Tundra has been good so far. It is an 06 model, so not the big new ones. It has 50K on it and hope to keep it for a while yet.

The heater fan squeaks sometimes. that is it so far. I keep waiting for something, because there is always something.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah but the local charged me 70 bucks for it. I've replaced it twice - for free under warranty.

Me

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by teal
Rolled 160k on the Tacoma today. All I ever put into it was a battery and muffler. Did an IAC valve as well. So about 300 bucks.

My '99 Tacoma was a manual transmission extended cab 4WD and I rode that thing HARD. I sold it back due under the frame recall and while I like my new truck, those older Toyotas are MUCH tougher trucks IMO.

To Toyota's credit, at least they stood behind their product (voluntarily) which is more than I can say for most.

If I could do it all over again, I'd buy the older 4 door version of the Tacoma w/ a manual transmission or go with a Ford F-?50 and save the $$.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Everyone has their own horror stories and some good ones too about their vehicles. My 2000 GMC full size has been wonderful.. Just runs. Had it since new. Replaced battery, tires, and last year had the shop class at the HS I teach at check it out and they replaced the serpentine belt and a power window motor.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ummmmmmmm folks! It's like this at our house, we will NOT purchase any of those foreign vehicles period. Now my trucks are a 1-ton 4x4 ext cab Ford and Ford F-250 2 x 4 1986 with low miles.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just wondering what your definition of a 'foreign' truck is. Is a Toyota made in the U.S.A. a foreign truck, but a Ford, Dodge, or Chevy made in Mexico or Canada is not a 'foreign' truck. Wow. I must be missing something here. Double WOW! I just have a hard time understanding how anything made in America is considered FOREIGN. Like Honda, Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota vehicles made in America, by Americans, for Americans. Americans who are making a good living working in those 'Foreign' factorys in the good ole U. S. of A.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hunter01
Just wondering what your definition of a 'foreign' truck is. Is a Toyota made in the U.S.A. a foreign truck, but a Ford, Dodge, or Chevy made in Mexico or Canada is not a 'foreign' truck. Wow. I must be missing something here. Double WOW! I just have a hard time understanding how anything made in America is considered FOREIGN. Like Honda, Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota vehicles made in America, by Americans, for Americans. Americans who are making a good living working in those 'Foreign' factorys in the good ole U. S. of A.
My last Ford had an engine made in Canada, the transmission was made in Japan, and the electrical system was made in Brazil. Final assembly was in Claycomo, Missouri. My Tundra has an engine made in the U.S.A., a transmission made in the U.S.A., and was assembled in San Antonio, Texas. That seems a little more "American" than that Ford was.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So far about the only thing on my Ford ranger that says made in U.S.A is the cigarette lighter. Pretty sad IMO.

Bout as sad as people talking up thier american made D-max chevys. Until they find out who make that motor.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ford is an American company.
GM is an American company.
Chrysler is an American company.

They are an integral part of America's economy, and now my tax dollars help to support them in a bad time.

Toyota, last time I looked, was an Asian company.

While I wish the Big 3 did all of their assembly here in the US, and Toyota et al did all of their assembly in Japan, I realize there are cost advantages to doing what they are doing.

Until Toyota is bought by American interests, and pays all of its taxes in the USA, and becomes an American company, you won't find one of those Fugly Tundras in my garage. Or my family's garages. Or my neighbors. Or my friends. Ever.

Happy Labor Day all!!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bighorn

They are an integral part of America's economy, and now my tax dollars help to support them in a bad time.

While I wish the Big 3 did all of their assembly here in the US, and Toyota et al did all of their assembly in Japan, I realize there are cost advantages to doing what they are doing.

Until Toyota is bought by American interests, and pays all of its taxes in the USA, and becomes an American company, you won't find one of those Fugly Tundras in my garage. Or my family's garages. Or my neighbors. Or my friends. Ever.

Happy Labor Day all!!
Ford is a company traded internationally with foreign investment. They also own foreign assets.
GM is a company traded internationally with foreign investment. They also own foreign assets.
Chrysler is a company traded internationally with foreign investment. They also own foreign assets.

Toyota owns several factories here in the U.S.A. They pay taxes on those factories. They employ American workers. They also provide significant investment to U.S. parts suppliers.

Are you able to understand any of that?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

That employs over 100,000 workers and not like GM and Chrysler that are losing workers or sending jobs overseas.

WOW that is some global perspective. Are you aware that Toyota,Nissan,BMW,Mercedes,Hyundai,Subaru and Kia have substantial investments in the US? Last time i checked they didn't layoff their American employees but the "American" companies did. Your statement is laughable.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Happy Labor Day all!!

i agree 100% when you buy a american auto the profit helps us not some foriegn company. most americans could care less what happens to the big 3,then they'll cry like babies when the economy gets worse.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[quotei agree 100% when you buy a american auto the profit helps us not some foriegn company. most americans could care less what happens to the big 3,then they'll cry like babies when the economy gets worse. ] [/quote]

In the case of GM and Chrysler where did this profit go? Into the pockets of overrated CEO's who squandered it. Didn't you hear we bailed out the big 2 . What are GM's future plans ramp up production in China. Nothing about building up the auto industry here like they really give a crap about doing that. Do you think the profits they make there are coming back here with a 35% tax rate in this country? Get Real

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The last time I heard, the two Stillwater Mines here in south-central MT were the only producers of platinum group metals in the U.S. Stillwater Mine is owned by Norelsk Nickel but the mines have pumped a lot of money into my local economy. Kind of like Toyota, Honda, etc. GM had a contract with Stillwater Mine until GM recently cancelled it. GM apparently has no concern for the local/U.S. economy, so why should I or anyone else care about their well-being? If they're looking for every chance to source their supplies/products from other countries, how much is there to really lose?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bricktop
My last Ford had an engine made in Canada, the transmission was made in Japan, and the electrical system was made in Brazil. Final assembly was in Claycomo, Missouri. My Tundra has an engine made in the U.S.A., a transmission made in the U.S.A., and was assembled in San Antonio, Texas. That seems a little more "American" than that Ford was.

Ditto Bricktop. I agree with you 100%. Sounds like we're both on the same page, as well as many others in here. To bad some folks can't see that too. I'll continue to buy American. I'll buy my American made Toyota and not the foreign made Fords, etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
americans have got to turning into the dumbest people on earth.
anyone who thinks buying a toyota is going to help our economy is a total idiot. period!!!!!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
anyone who thinks buying a toyota is going to help our economy is a total idiot. period!!!!!!!

Well I see you like to insult so here it goes:

Anyone that thinks that a bankrupt company 1/2 owned by auto unions and the other half owned by the US government is ever going to amount to anything is a total unequivocal [bleep] moron.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Anyone that thinks that a bankrupt company 1/2 owned by auto unions and the other half owned by the US government is ever going to amount to anything is a total unequivocal [bleep] moron.

BINGO. +about 1 Million.

You forgot to add that their schittbox management is selling low-bid foreign parts sourced from multiple third world nations and "assembled" in the US, all the while pocketing huge bonuses and posting a loss, to be rescued by your and my tax dollars. WTF?

The Ranger is a Mazda, the Duramax is an Isuzu, Geos were all rebadged Asian Imports... the list goes on. Open your eyes people.

At least Toyota USA isn't TAKING anything from the US taxpayer... wink

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MattMan

BINGO. +about 1 Million.

You forgot to add that their schittbox management is selling low-bid foreign parts sourced from multiple third world nations and "assembled" in the US, all the while pocketing huge bonuses and posting a loss, to be rescued by your and my tax dollars. WTF?

The Ranger is a Mazda, the Duramax is an Isuzu, Geos were all rebadged Asian Imports... the list goes on. Open your eyes people.

At least Toyota USA isn't TAKING anything from the US taxpayer... wink

No, they're supplying jobs and not asking for taxpayers to keep them afloat while they squander their corporation away.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Last time i checked they didn't layoff their American employees but the "American" companies did. Your statement is laughable.

?????

These employees don't count?

4,600 employees

or these

200 emplyees

I am sure your response will be- but those are much less than the big 3! I guess, I am just saying maybe you should be more accurate about the company you are boasting about before opening your mouth and inserting your foot.

Hemi

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I am sure your response will be- but those are much less than the big 3! I guess, I am just saying maybe you should be more accurate about the company you are boasting about before opening your mouth and inserting your foot.

You mean this First dumb thing Toyota did was be partners with GM Read that article careflly Hemi and you will see how assinine your statement was.

How many plants has GM and Chrysler closed even before last year? Contrast that with one plant closing in 72 years .

New Toyota plant

Little excerpt from that article:

General Motors (GM), Ford Motor (F) and DaimlerChrysler's (DCX) Chrysler Group are trying to shrink to fit their declining share of U.S. sales. Together they plan to ax 86,000 jobs and idle 26 factories by the end of 2009.

I would rather walk then buy a GM or Chrysler product. I will buy a Ford truck because they seemed to be run by intelligent life and I prefer Ford Trucks to Toyota trucks anyway. They will get my business unless something better comes along but it won't be GM or Chrysler.

In the future Hemi research your information before you insert both feet in your mouth.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hemi,

Guess you and I have to just be glad that we all live in America, where we still enjoy freedoms that many others don't have- like freedom of speech, a 2nd Amendment which gives the right to keep and bear arms, the right to vote for whomever you wish, and drive whatever kind of vehicle you like.

But, here's an observation- ever notice how defensive the Toyota fanboys get when the subject of US vs. Asian nameplates comes up? Do you think it's because they regret their decision to buy that stuff, but have to justify owning it because they're still making payments? Or, maybe it's guilt because nonsupport of an American industry makes them feel vaguely un-American?

All I know is, in my part of the world, Dodge and Ford trucks make up the vast majority of pickups on the road. I honestly don't know if I could get up in the morning, get behind the wheel of a Toyota Tundra, drive down the road on my way to work or anywhere, knowing what my Dodge, Ford, and GM truck owner friends were saying and thinking about me- because I know what I say and think about the Tundroids!

And, you know what- besides the above reasons, I like good lookin' women, guns, and trucks- and Tundras are just plain Butt Ugly....

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
But, here's an observation- ever notice how defensive the Toyota fanboys get when the subject of US vs. Asian nameplates comes up? Do you think it's because they regret their decision to buy that stuff, but have to justify owning it because they're still making payments? Or, maybe it's guilt because nonsupport of an American industry makes them feel vaguely un-American?

If you believe in the right of free speech why do you attempt to insult those that do not share your point of view? or are you a total hypocrite.

I have 2 vehicles and both are paid off there goes your theory . I guess regret having vehicle(s) that go a couple of hundred thousand miles with no maintenance. Yep there are a few million Toyota owners out there that feel the same way.

I guess you prefer that we drop a few billion in the pockets of GM and Chrysler because they are making an inferior product and lost money. Guess what they are going to invest in China. FIat of Italy is looking at buying Chrysler . Now that is [bleep] funny . Who gives a ratz azz about your part of the world. All the taxpayers are faced with higher taxes because of this stupid bailout. I'll pay for that bailout the rest of my life as will my son and his sons and daughters. Think about that before you further show your stupidity. I repeat you could not give me a Dodge or GM truck for free. I will only drive a Ford or Toyota. At least they are worth the money I paid for them.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wouldn't have bought a Toyota Tacoma if they were just shipped over here on a boat from Japan. The fact that they were in whole or in part made here and meant American jobs for American workers made a difference to me. The fact that some people refuse to acknowledge that they are whole or in part made here causes me to not lend alot of credibility to those people. End of argument.
As far as I know, my first partially "foreign" built truck was my 1985 F-250 diesel. It was partially made in Canada and had some metric parts on it.
My '97 Dodge had metric parts on it amd I assume parts of it were made out of the US.
My '03 Silverado diesel had a Japanese Isuzu diesel engine in it, amongst other parts that were foreign made. That was about the time I read that almost 1/2 of GMs business was out of the US.

In light of the above, I think it's safe to say that parts of my '06 F-250 are foreign made. I call it American made, but that's subject to interpretation.

How many of us staunch American patriots are driving Hyundai cars? The papers carried a story not too long ago about how the owner of Hyundai is one of the biggest charity donors to North Korea. Now there's a car I won't buy, and I'd feel like heck if I'd owned one and then found out about part of the money for it going to North Korea.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
How many of us staunch American patriots are driving Hyundai cars? The papers carried a story not too long ago about how the owner of Hyundai is one of the biggest charity donors to North Korea. Now there's a car I won't buy, and I'd feel like heck if I'd owned one and then found out about part of the money for it going to North Korea.

I heard the same and neither Hyundai or Kia would be a consideration.

My '03 Silverado diesel had a Japanese Isuzu diesel engine in it, amongst other parts that were foreign made. That was about the time I read that almost 1/2 of GMs business was out of the US.

My brother had the 2003 model as well and was shocked to find out it had the Isuzu motor.

What irks me about GM is they are going to really phase out their factories here and invest heavily in China with our tax dollars. They will then ship the parts here and assemble them.

Toyota and the other companies use a lot of parts from american vendors more then they get credit for. You then have people tell you that GM is made in the USA yada yada when it is only assembled here for the large part. So again how did this bailout save GM and Chrysler? Yeah the bailout financed by dummy taxpayers will ensure the Ceo's of both get nice paychecks and bonus and the unions get HUSH money since they own part of them anyway.

Obamas plan all along has been to shrink the big 3. To move them from SUV and Trucks to pedal pushing cars. So in the future you might not get the TRuck option from Chevy or Chrysler and if you do it will be taxed so heavy and the choices so limited that no one will want one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by srwshooter

Yep, particularly the ones who can't find the shift key...

Me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

...What irks me about GM is they are going to really phase out their factories here and invest heavily in China with our tax dollars. They will then ship the parts here and assemble them...

This is quite a stretch, but I envision a day in the future with a Japanese car-carrier ship, bringing us the latest Chevy trucks.

There's already a "Cummins" factory in Korea, making engines for tractors (Branson)that are sold here...so why not Dodge/Cummins trucks built there, too?

I'm leaving Ford alone on purpose.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I'm leaving Ford alone on purpose.

Evidently they are a little smarter then either GM or Chrysler when it comes to surviving.

GM's china website

GM to build a plant in china with stimulus money

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Haven't had a truck made by the "big 3" make it to the end of my loan yet...not a newer one anyway. All had more repairs than I thought they should. Chevy was 3 years old, then fell apart. The older ones I've had, with no loans, have been great. I'm going back in that direction.

Jury's still out on the Tundra.

The best car we've had BY FAR, is the 2001 Taurus my wife drives every day. That is paid for, has been for a long time. But in the last year I've put $3500 into it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, you are really scary. I suppose if all the thousands employed at Toyota of U.S.A. were out of work, and the hundreds of thousands of Toyota vehicles being sold didn't exist, our economy would be better. Please explain how that would HELP our economy. Erase Toyota from all U.S. soil, and this country would be MUCH worse off. People like you really scare me, period.............

Signed,
Total Idiot

Last edited by hunter01; 09/09/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow, you are really scary. I suppose if all the thousands employed at Toyota of U.S.A. were out of work, and the hundreds of thousands of Toyota vehicles being sold didn't exist, our economy would be better. Please explain how that would HELP our economy. Erase Toyota from all U.S. soil, and this country would be MUCH worse off. People like you really scare me, period.............

Signed,
Total Idiot

at least you signed it right. if toyota and other foriegn companies were still shipping here instead of building here our people would be employed by american companies. if they had to pay a import tax to ship them here, like it should be, you wouldn't have near as many buying them. people like me should scare you,unlike some we have balls enough to stand up for whats right. most americans need a good scareing these days just to wake them up. you talk just like a obama fan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
srw- you posted earlier this year that you own a Tikka T3. Why did you buy that instead of an American rifle? Just curious...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
if toyota and other foriegn companies were still shipping here instead of building here our people would be employed by american companies. if they had to pay a import tax to ship them here, like it should be, you wouldn't have near as many buying them. people like me should scare you,unlike some we have balls enough to stand up for whats right. most americans need a good scareing these days just to wake them up. you talk just like a obama fan.
Isolationism, it's what's for dinner.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

srwshooter; I think the competition provided by Toyota is responsible in part for the quality of American made vehicles. I agree with you in theory, but the Big 3 didn't really try to keep fulfilling the American Dream as far as quality, until there was pressure to do so. You can't rest on your laurels until you get so overstuffed that your chair breaks and you come tumbling down...but that's what they tried to do.

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 09/10/09.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

You mean this First dumb thing Toyota did was be partners with GM Read that article careflly Hemi and you will see how assinine your statement was.

How many plants has GM and Chrysler closed even before last year? Contrast that with one plant closing in 72 years .

New Toyota plant

Little excerpt from that article:

General Motors (GM), Ford Motor (F) and DaimlerChrysler's (DCX) Chrysler Group are trying to shrink to fit their declining share of U.S. sales. Together they plan to ax 86,000 jobs and idle 26 factories by the end of 2009.

I would rather walk then buy a GM or Chrysler product. I will buy a Ford truck because they seemed to be run by intelligent life and I prefer Ford Trucks to Toyota trucks anyway. They will get my business unless something better comes along but it won't be GM or Chrysler.

In the future Hemi research your information before you insert both feet in your mouth.

You should be in politics, you spin very well. Nowhere did I say that GM or Chrysler have not closed any plants. It is exactly as I said you would respond, trying to cover up Toyota's lay-offs with greater numbers of Domestic lay-offs. That doesn't mean it didn't happen and goes back to your original statement of saying something in the way of Toyota not laying off their workers, when in fact they have. Now you can spin it as to blaming GM for closing their portion of the plant or something else to spin it to where it appears Toyota has not laid off workers. The fact is and still stands that YES Toyota has laid off workers- period. I noticed your incorrect statement in reading this thread and as I said before you should do research or know what you are talking about before boasting about something a company did or didn't do.
I have no fight in the who is a better truck or blah blah blah. I'll leave you knuckleheads to fight that out. You can drive whatever you want and no need to defend your position on why you drive it, but it does seem that Toyota buyers seem to want to justify their position for buying a Toyota. Just an observation I have made.

Hemi

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hemi
You can drive whatever you want and no need to defend your position on why you drive it, but it does seem that Toyota buyers seem to want to justify their position for buying a Toyota. Just an observation I have made.

Hemi
Correctly stating the facts is hardly a justification of anything. You and these other anti-Toyota knotheads have continually banged the drums about this American pride bullshit while your asses have been riding around in made in MEXICO iron. What part of MADE IN U.S.A. don't you understand?

Why do you consider a Chrysler vehicle with a components from Malaysia, China, and Thailand and final assembly in Mexico to be more "American" than a vehicle assembled right here in the U.S. with parts sourcing from U.S. parts suppliers?

GM, Ford, and Chrysler no longer employ U.S. workers when they move plants outside the U.S. They no longer pay property and payroll taxes that benefit my local community and school districts. Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, Hyundai, and Honda do and they prove that safe and well-made vehicles can be made on U.S. assembly lines.

I've asked it previously and never received an answer, but can you understand ANY of that?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Nowhere did I say that GM or Chrysler have not closed any plants. It is exactly as I said you would respond, trying to cover up Toyota's lay-offs with greater numbers of Domestic lay-offs. That doesn't mean it didn't happen and goes back to your original statement of saying something in the way of Toyota not laying off their workers, when in fact they have. Now you can spin it as to blaming GM for closing their portion of the plant or something else to spin it to where it appears Toyota has not laid off workers

The truth of the matter is your owned

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Nowhere did I say that GM or Chrysler have not closed any plants. It is exactly as I said you would respond, trying to cover up Toyota's lay-offs with greater numbers of Domestic lay-offs. That doesn't mean it didn't happen and goes back to your original statement of saying something in the way of Toyota not laying off their workers, when in fact they have. Now you can spin it as to blaming GM for closing their portion of the plant or something else to spin it to where it appears Toyota has not laid off workers

The truth of the matter is your owned

Only in your twisted construded world.

Hemi

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You can drive whatever you want and no need to defend your position on why you drive it, but it does seem that Toyota buyers seem to want to justify their position for buying a Toyota. Just an observation I have made.

Hemi
Correctly stating the facts is hardly a justification of anything. You and these other anti-Toyota knotheads have continually banged the drums about this American pride bullshit while your asses have been riding around in made in MEXICO iron. What part of MADE IN U.S.A. don't you understand?

Why do you consider a Chrysler vehicle with a components from Malaysia, China, and Thailand and final assembly in Mexico to be more "American" than a vehicle assembled right here in the U.S. with parts sourcing from U.S. parts suppliers?

GM, Ford, and Chrysler no longer employ U.S. workers when they move plants outside the U.S. They no longer pay property and payroll taxes that benefit my local community and school districts. Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, Hyundai, and Honda do and they prove that safe and well-made vehicles can be made on U.S. assembly lines.

I've asked it previously and never received an answer, but can you understand ANY of that?

Explain to me how I am an Anti Toyota knothead. Based on anything I have posted here, please enlighten me so. There is nothing I have stated that would put me in a Anti-Toyota column without your spin on things. I guess having worked for Toyota for 8 years and now that I don't it classifies me as that, hugh? But then again, you didn't know that? Did you?

Hemi

BTW, to answer your question, I can understand any of that, because I know where the buck stops and it isn't within these shores.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Hemi
Correctly stating the facts is hardly a justification of anything. You and these other anti-Toyota knotheads have continually banged the drums about this American pride bullshit while your asses have been riding around in made in MEXICO iron.
Explain to me how I am an Anti Toyota knothead.
Explain to me how your absurdly ignorant posts are anything but critical of Toyota.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You made the accusations, the burden of proof is on you , not me. I think it is more relevant of you proving your interpertation of my post to be true than for me to have to prove something that isn't.

Hemi

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You made the accusations, the burden of proof is on you , not me. I think it is more relevant of you proving your interpertation of my post to be true than for me to have to prove something that isn't.

Hemi
I haven't made any accusations. I've quoted your statements and responded appropriately. That you have problems communicating and no longer work for Toyota leads me to conclude why you're no longer in their employ.

As soon as you can properly articulate an argument to support Toyota being less of an "American made" product than competing GMs, Fords or Chryslers, let me know. You haven't done so thus far and you haven't answered any questions put directly to you.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The reason your owned Mr Hemi is the following and please pay attention. Toyota has not made any money at the plant since 1992 . Pontiac one of your beloved GM's division went away. Pontiac had to have TOYOTA make one of their best selling cars the Vibe at this plant. Why would Toyota keep the plant open?

You worked at Toyota for 8 years? In what capacity?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The reason your owned Mr Hemi is the following and please pay attention. Toyota has not made any money at the plant since 1992 . Pontiac one of your beloved GM's division went away. Pontiac had to have TOYOTA make one of their best selling cars the Vibe at this plant. Why would Toyota keep the plant open?

I think it's safe to assume he wasn't in public relations.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I think it would be safe to say he never worked for them but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
srw- you answered my question via PM, but why not here in the post, where I asked the question? People who live in glass houses...You know the rest.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think it would be safe to say he never worked for them but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. grin
I'm trying to give him the same benefit as well. Trying.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I haven't made any accusations. I've quoted your statements and responded appropriately. That you have problems communicating and no longer work for Toyota leads me to conclude why you're no longer in their employ.

As soon as you can properly articulate an argument to support Toyota being less of an "American made" product than competing GMs, Fords or Chryslers, let me know. You haven't done so thus far and you haven't answered any questions put directly to you.

Arguing with you is like riding a merry-go-round. You don't really get anywhere because it goes round and round like you.

So. Again. Please show me where I have said Toyota is less AMERICAN made product. Then once you realize that I haven't, go back and find where I have implied I am ant-Toyota. To try and get it through your thick skull (your avatar really makes me think that is how you look and act, espcially the look on your face) all I ever posted was proof Toyota laid off emplyees- period. Now if you want to spin that into something else- so be it. Your a tard.

Hemi

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

One of their "best selling cars", really? Are you sure?

Hemi

Edited to add: I guess I should give you the benefit of the doubt. Are you saying one of the best selling of all Pontiacs, a specific time period, out of all their cars, or what?

Last edited by Hemi; 09/11/09.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Hemi

Doesn't matter does it ? They are OUT OF BUSINESS because GM and Pontiac are inept at marketing and running a car company . Why should Toyota shoulder the load of that factory for a competitor that no longer exists ?. The same fate is waiting for the rest of Government Motors in this country. There is good news on the horizon for GM fans though. The new re-structured version financed by US(taxpayers) will do fine in Asia. Plants probably springing up everywhere.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Arguing with you is like riding a merry-go-round. You don't really get anywhere because it goes round and round like you.

So. Again. Please show me where I have said Toyota is less AMERICAN made product. Then once you realize that I haven't, go back and find where I have implied I am ant-Toyota. To try and get it through your thick skull (your avatar really makes me think that is how you look and act, espcially the look on your face) all I ever posted was proof Toyota laid off emplyees- period. Now if you want to spin that into something else- so be it. Your a tard.

Hemi
I've already done all of the research I care with regards to your incredibly ignorant ass. You've dodged questions put to you, lied and made counter accusations. What point would there be in continuing a discussion with someone who is obviously incapable of holding an attention span of more than 90 seconds? Or is, in your parlance, a "tard?"

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I guess we can say we have something in common. I think the same of you- or possibly less.

Hemi

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Hemi

Doesn't matter does it ? They are OUT OF BUSINESS because GM and Pontiac are inept at marketing and running a car company . Why should Toyota shoulder the load of that factory for a competitor that no longer exists ?. The same fate is waiting for the rest of Government Motors in this country. There is good news on the horizon for GM fans though. The new re-structured version financed by US(taxpayers) will do fine in Asia. Plants probably springing up everywhere.

Yet another spin in not answering the question. I guess I don't know- does it really matter? You are the one who made the statement in the begining- so i guess you are asking yourself does it matter. Well, does it?

Hemi

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Hemi
I've already done all of the research I care with regards to your incredibly ignorant ass. You've dodged questions put to you, lied and made counter accusations. What point would there be in continuing a discussion with someone who is obviously incapable of holding an attention span of more than 90 seconds? Or is, in your parlance, a "tard?"

I'll take that as in you can't find or quote me as saying Toyota is less American. It's OK, you still have your interpertations of what I said to hang on to.

Hemi

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That employs over 100,000 workers and not like GM and Chrysler that are losing workers or sending jobs overseas.

WOW that is some global perspective. Are you aware that Toyota,Nissan,BMW,Mercedes,Hyundai,Subaru and Kia have substantial investments in the US? Last time i checked they didn't layoff their American employees but the "American" companies did. Your statement is laughable.

GM and Chrysler should have been allowed to go bankrupt.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You are right. I see lots of proof that there are some dumb frickin people that post on this site.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hemi,

Guess you and I have to just be glad that we all live in America, where we still enjoy freedoms that many others don't have- like freedom of speech, a 2nd Amendment which gives the right to keep and bear arms, the right to vote for whomever you wish, and drive whatever kind of vehicle you like.

All I know is, in my part of the world, Dodge and Ford trucks make up the vast majority of pickups on the road. I honestly don't know if I could get up in the morning, get behind the wheel of a Toyota Tundra, drive down the road on my way to work or anywhere, knowing what my Dodge, Ford, and GM truck owner friends were saying and thinking about me- because I know what I say and think about the Tundroids!

And, you know what- besides the above reasons, I like good lookin' women, guns, and trucks- and Tundras are just plain Butt Ugly....

I'll race you. Me in my Tundra and you in, let me guess, your Dodge. Last man to the mechanic wins.

Expat

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess we can say we have something in common. I think the same of you- or possibly less.

Hemi
That's your problem: you don't think.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had a Tundra 2006. Always felt embarrassed driving it. The Toyota trucks are a "female's pick-up truck".

You cannot tell me when pulling into hunt camp,ect in a Tacoma/Tundra you do not feel little stupid? OF COARSE YOU DO!

My daughter has the Tundra. They look cute together.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Slg888, where we live, trucks are tools. Didn't realize that where you're from they are an accessory. Do you worry if they don't match your purse? FWIW, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by slg888
I had a Tundra 2006. Always felt embarrassed driving it. The Toyota trucks are a "female's pick-up truck".

You cannot tell me when pulling into hunt camp,ect in a Tacoma/Tundra you do not feel little stupid? OF COARSE YOU DO!

LOL... The thought has never crossed my mind when driving my Tundra. If you're feeling a little female like, I'd say it has nothing to do with the truck. blush

I went without a truck for 2 hunting seasons to save some $. I put a hitch on my Corolla and pulled a 5x8 trailer that held my 4 wheeler while I hunted public land. I did feel a little goofy pulling up to check my deer, but I'd have felt the same if it had been a Taurus, Malibu, etc... wink

JCM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now my version of an AMERICAN MADE vehicle is one that is just that, all parts are made in the USA but sadly over the last 3 decades or so, the auto industry in this country had gone overseas or South of the border.

WHY??? Now try asking those in Congress who have let GREEDY CEO'S and Management call the shots to move out of this country. Now without getting into Politics and I do mean both the REPUBLICANS & DEMOCRATS in Congress who have stood by with hands under the table for cash and favors while all this takes place.

YOU just look up what happend to Youngstown Ohio and Pittsburg back in the early 70's!!! YES, the US STEEL INDUSTRY went to JAPAN and thousands of workers got the rug pulled out from under them. NOBODY bailed out those workers or provided any assistance whatsoever......FACT

I pray I will see a comeback of days of old but I fear it will Never be the same with the BIG 3 AUTO Industry again.

YES, Toyota does employ thousands of US workers and if things keep going, we will be flying the Flag of the Rising Sun or CHINA over our present US soil. Sorry for my long rant!!! I think I have earned the right to speak my peace and then some.

I still think FORD makes a better pickup truck but if it were a Diesel, I would look to GMC and the Duramax engine and Allison Tranny.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmm, toy truck never made me question my masculinity. Perhaps there are some underlying issues?

I have seen many guys with the big macho trucks that seem to be compensating for something.

As a co-worker says, they must be equiped with two bb's and a tic tac.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Dutch
Slg888, where we live, trucks are tools. Didn't realize that where you're from they are an accessory. Do you worry if they don't match your purse? FWIW, Dutch.
My truck is a tool, but Im not going to buy a feminine rice-burner because I need a truck.

Enjoy your Toy ota. Don't get upset with me, I did not tell you to buy one. Deal with it till you can get a Ford or Chevy.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Tonk

YES, Toyota does employ thousands of US workers and if things keep going, we will be flying the Flag of the Rising Sun or CHINA over our present US soil. Sorry for my long rant!!! I think I have earned the right to speak my peace and then some.

I agree Tonk. I believe every American when buying a Toyota truck knows & has thoughts that this purchase is not something a good American would do.

I cannot see one reason to own Toyota. My Fords & Chevy's have always lasted till the day I decide to sell.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

This is too funny to disregard.
slg888, here's a little test for you that SHOULD help you determine if you look feminine because you're in a Toyota---and you seem to be the only one who has thought being in a Toyota is a challenge to his manhood...

Next time you drive into hunting camp, stop just before you get there. Put on some lipstick and some eyeshadow. Now drive into hunting camp and see if anyone notices you look feminine because you're driving a Toyota.
Get back to us on this. I'll bet some of the guys would rather sleep in the Toyota with the doors locked, that share a tent with you. laugh

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

This is too funny to disregard.
slg888, here's a little test for you that SHOULD help you determine if you look feminine because you're in a Toyota---and you seem to be the only one who has thought being in a Toyota is a challenge to his manhood...

Next time you drive into hunting camp, stop just before you get there. Put on some lipstick and some eyeshadow. Now drive into hunting camp and see if anyone notices you look feminine because you're driving a Toyota.
Get back to us on this. I'll bet some of the guys would rather sleep in the Toyota with the doors locked, that share a tent with you. laugh

You must have tried this before huh? I do not think one needs lipstick to look feminine in a Toyota. How about this, Why don't you take a pic with you & your Toyota and start a thread how much you love your Toyota.

As I said before, you bought the thing, you have to live with it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I haven't tried it, and won't, but you go ahead...you're the one that is concerned about if he looks feminine or not.
Personally, I'm not worried about who thinks what about how I look..in or out of a Toyota, or a Ford, or anything else.
Your insecurity is showing. Too bad you can't laugh about it...that was funny about a certain brand of truck making you feel like you look girly.
Maybe you should post pictures of yourself...it's entirely possible that you do look feminine and that your fears aren't just paranoia. Help is available, just keep posting about your fears.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree Tonk. I believe every American when buying a Toyota truck knows & has thoughts that this purchase is not something a good American would do.

I cannot see one reason to own Toyota. My Fords & Chevy's have always lasted till the day I decide to sell.

Do you still own any Tikkas or have you sold them all?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No Tikka rifle's or Toyota's. Actually all my handguns/rifles are American made. Just bought a Ithaca slug gun{deerslayer 100%USA}also.

Some of you can drive your little feminine Toyota trucks, but Im buying American and always will. Every American should always try to buy American IMO.

Last edited by slg888; 09/17/09.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd rather you went back to school and learned some decent grammar and punctuation. Don't care what kind of truck you drive.

Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

So you DID initially buy a Tundra but somehow after that you lost your sexual identity? Is that correct?

You cannot tell me when pulling into hunt camp,ect in a Tacoma/Tundra you do not feel little stupid? OF COARSE YOU DO

Most of the people I know drive Fords, Toyos or Chevies. Most are concerned about getting a deer or ELk this season and having a good time in the process. Not what kind of truck they each own. . My guess is you hunt with a bunch of cross dressing sexually confused queers. Now that would be a good guess grin

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
oldelkhunter,
Bought a Tundra in 2006 for service delivery's, sold it 2 month's later. My employees were complaining that your Mom could not fit in the back seat.

Last edited by slg888; 09/16/09.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'd rather you went back to school and learned some decent grammar and punctuation. Don't care what kind of truck you drive.

You cannot read? Little insecure about your Toyota also huh?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can read in 3 different languages, what you are posting isn't any one of them.

Insecure about absolutely nothing. Secure in knowing I have a vehicle that isn't going to cause me an issue. I've put 86,000 miles on my truck to my father's 68,000 miles.

Guess who has the nice 2000 dollar engine bill this week? Hint - it isn't the Toyota with 160k on the clock - it's the Ford with 68k on it.

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Yap, and since your researching my background{ha ha}you will find where one .243 was sold in campfire classified. My Sako was sold on Gun broker. They were purchased to re-sell only.

Good rifles, just not American made. Its not all possible to own all American made products, but I do my best trying.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Just a guess...you drive a chevy.

I have 3 Ford trucks and a Toyota. I have to be careful not to sit on my balls no matter which one I get in.

Only trucks I've ever had trouble with were my 2000 F150 and my 2004 Chevy Tahoe, both which are gone.

No need to defend what I buy. I'll get what ever truck or car YOU want me to, as soon as YOU start making the payments.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I can read in 3 different languages, what you are posting isn't any one of them.

Insecure about absolutely nothing. Secure in knowing I have a vehicle that isn't going to cause me an issue. I've put 86,000 miles on my truck to my father's 68,000 miles.

Guess who has the nice 2000 dollar engine bill this week? Hint - it isn't the Toyota with 160k on the clock - it's the Ford with 68k on it.
I can read in 2 Languages. You got me beat by 1. Lets speak some spanish Teal.....

mi ultimo Chevy cojio 140,000 millas. y puede halar la cantidad que GVRW. Yo jamas voy a comprar un Toyota Tundra.

Last edited by slg888; 09/16/09.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice - a guy living in West Palm Beach and he is the one talking about other's masculinity issues.

All while riding a V-star. Mr. American made...

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can read in 2 Languages. You got me beat by 1. Lets speak some spanish Teal.....

mi ultimo Chevy cojio 140,000 millas. y puede halar la cantidad que GVRW. Yo jamas voy a comprar un Toyota Tundra.

Never said Spanish was one of them...

Ja mogu razgovarati na Srpskom i Hrvatskom jeziku. Ali mogu malo na Ruskom i Nemackom jeziku.

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That's not spanish Teal. Nice try!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nice - a guy living in West Palm Beach and he is the one talking about other's masculinity issues.

All while riding a V-star. Mr. American made...
Damn dude, your like stalking me. ha ha, It was a Vmax that was given to me which is now sold and replaced with Harley davidson.

Did you find that on Ebay because It was just sold. Good research Teal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Apparently you can't read English. Said Spanish wasn't one of the ones I read. An American in Florida bragging about speaking Spanish isn't really all that much of an accomplishment.

I don't care if he does have "Deer Destroyer" engraved on his rifle...

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Apparently you can't read English. Said Spanish wasn't one of the ones I read. An American in Florida bragging about speaking Spanish isn't really all that much of an accomplishment.

I don't care if he does have "Deer Destroyer" engraved on his rifle...
Holy Chit, your like a campfire detective going thru member's pages. My deer Destroyer is nice huh?

I was born in Tn, but wife speaks 2 languages so I learned from her. We could debate the whole Chevy/Toyota thing all day, but gotta go. I am 100% white American and the older I get, the more American I get and try to purchase all American made products if all possible.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
mi ultimo Chevy cojio 140,000 millas. y puede halar la cantidad que GVRW. Yo jamas voy a comprar un Toyota Tundra

You call that Spanish? ROTFLMAO . YOu need to spend more time studying Spanish and less time letting your inner women out on these forums.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
mi ultimo Chevy cojio 140,000 millas. y puede halar la cantidad que GVRW. Yo jamas voy a comprar un Toyota Tundra

You call that Spanish? ROTFLMAO . YOu need to spend more time studying Spanish and less time letting your inner women out on these forums.
My Spanish is fine. Not perfect, but good. Reads fine oldelkhunter.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
JI have to be careful not to sit on my balls no matter which one I get in.

That is funny! laugh

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My Spanish is fine. Not perfect, but good. Reads fine oldelkhunter.

Not not really it is not even close. Reads like very bad portoro or Cubanese grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd be more impressed if ya didn't speak any spanish...Teal at least has a good reason to speak several languages.

and there sure as hell ain't no debatee between a Chevy and Toyota. I could post a list a mile long of the chit that broke on my Chevy at 108,000 mi. More than 3K worth.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'd be more impressed if ya didn't speak any spanish...Teal at least has a good reason to speak several languages.

and there sure as hell ain't no debatee between a Chevy and Toyota. I could post a list a mile long of the chit that broke on my Chevy at 108,000 mi. More than 3K worth.

soplelo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am 100% white American
That sounds like code for 100% ignorant bigot. whistle

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ignorant? Look at your avatar.

Last edited by slg888; 09/18/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"You cannot tell me when pulling into hunt camp,ect in a Tacoma/Tundra you do not feel little stupid? OF COARSE YOU DO!"

No, and fortunately for you, we can tow you out when your truck won't start.

Expat

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Never happen.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ignorant? Look at your avatar boy.
You're right, you're just dumber than a brick. And insecure with your masculinity.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop, Go argue with Ringworm or other members, seems your good at that.
Why? Is the public library getting ready to close and boot your ass out with the rest of the vagrants?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yap. Whatever you say Dicktop.

Last edited by slg888; 09/18/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Geez, I can say "insecure, ill-informed, dishonest wannabe" in four languages. Does that make me a stud?

Eikel. Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Wow!

Very educational thread!

Some of you dudes have to do some research on who owns the majority the US debt, you will be surprised!

The rivets are rusty and popping on the USS America. Your new big red brother to the east is captain of the lifeboat..

Last edited by LongDraw; 09/23/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

you can't agrue with dicktop,he pissed a ton of people off a while back on the classifieds. stupid is as stupid does.

i agree that when americins buy a foriegn truck or car they know they shouldn't,but they just don't care about anything anymore. if they did we wouldn't have OBAMA OR TOYOTA!!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
if they did we wouldn't have OBAMA OR TOYOTA!!!!

I didn't vote for that ass clown, but I'll be damned if someone is going to tell me what to drive.

I really don't care what anyone else drives, the buy american argument doesn't work for today's vehicles.

I have 3 ford trucks, that were all made right here in the USA, all before 1978. Sometime after that in the 80's the American cars and trucks really went down hill in quality. Americans started to buy foregin rigs. I also believe that that quality gap has closed a ton recently.

Last edited by tzone; 09/24/09.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But in your mind it's obviously OK to buy a Tikka...

Please tell me how you justify one and not the other.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
you can't agrue with dicktop,he pissed a ton of people off a while back on the classifieds. stupid is as stupid does.
It's not hard to piss off clods who get frustrated when they can't string together a coherent argument.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never happen.

You're right. I probably wouldn't give you a tow.

Expat

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.