Campfire Ranger
G
^

Retired cat herder.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
^

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Where you can buy these as an after market upgrade (for an older M700)? What do they cost? GREAT Post! Thanks for the write up.

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Brownells has them for $90.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/st...amp;title=Blued%20X-Mark%20Pro%20Trigger

They sell on classifieds and auction sites for $35-50.

But don't look until I get one more! grin

Bruce

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I just got done adjusting my Xmark trigger for weight of pull. They are just like the old triggers in this aspect. I got it down to 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. did not touch the overtravel screws or sear engagement screws. pretty straight foward like like
RICK B. said.

Clos

NRA Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know this is an older thread but seeing as I just bought a 700 with this trigger and I'd like to lighten the trigger pull I got to ask. Is this a straight forward adjustment on pull weight by adjusting the one screw, or do you need yo adjust the other screws in synch?

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have a question on this trigger too. Are all the triggers in the new 700's that have the rib on the back and smooth front X-mark pro's or is there an internal difference? I ask this because Remington only advertises it on some of the models and only some have the hang tag even though they appear the same on the other models as far as the trigger with smooth front and rear center rib. Is this a marketing ploy and they all have the x-mark pro or is there something really different about the ones they actually label x-mark pro?

Thanks,
HH

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm pretty sure that it is marketing ploy, as all the new 'back-ribbed' triggers I've seen are indeed the X-Mark Pro.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It is my understanding that all present and future production will be fitted with the X-Mark Pro. The reason for change was not getting a better trigger but a safer one ! Remember, there has been a deadly accident with the old trigger going off when disengaging the safety. Also, between old and new triggers Remingtons came with a keylock.

Andre
--------------------------------------
3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
I know this is an older thread but seeing as I just bought a 700 with this trigger and I'd like to lighten the trigger pull I got to ask. Is this a straight forward adjustment on pull weight by adjusting the one screw, or do you need yo adjust the other screws in synch?

Has anyone answered this question? I'd also like to know this. From what I can tell you can adjust only the weight of pull screw to lighten the trigger without needing to mess around with the rest of the adjustments, correct? My Model Seven has a really nice sharp and crisp trigger with the new X-Mark, but pull weight is a little heavy at what I'd guess around 4 1/2 pounds or so. It could stand to lose a little weight and it would be an excellent trigger.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Only the weight of pull screw should be touched. By turning it counter-clockwise you can bring down the 4 lbs. factory setting to a crisp 2 lbs. BTW, this is the only screw which will allow scraping of the sealant. The 2 (not to be touched) remaining screws are sealed with an epoxy, immune to acetone and only a torch will soften it.

Andre
--------------------------------------
3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That was my understanding too, thanks for the clarity!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yup, I adjusted mine down and its a much better performing trigger, probably reduced it by 2 lbs with a turn or two and yet its still quite crisp. Liking this trigger, and am hoping to get out today and shoot the 257 Roy!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just took a new one out of the bag from Brownells and installed it in a 700. I adjusted the weight of pull down to just a little over 3 lbs. & tested it seveal times at this weight. I put the gun back in the stock and bolted it up. When cycling the bolt hard the firing pin drops!!! OBVIOUSLY VERY DANGEROUS!! This happened about 1 in 4 bolt slams! Needless to say i am concerned and very unhappy with this trigger. I put it away for now and plan to come back to it later to try to fix. Any suggestions.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just got a mod 7 and it has this trigger and it is at factory 5.75 lbs just a little under what the gun is. I will try to adjust later and report how it goes this is a good forum JMO THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO EVERY ONE

DARREN

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just tweeked mine to #2.5. Took less than 5 minutes start to finish. Hate to say it but it feels as good as my Jewells. Well almost smile .

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I just played with my first X-mark trigger. I easily turned it down to 2.5 pounds on a 223 SPS Varmint. A very nice trigger.

RH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I took one apart. Nice MIM sear and override, but a bit more stoning doesn't hurt. If you want to get after the overtravel and engagement, yep, you have to rip it apart. I didn't like the idea of heating the trigger spring or burning something else.
The little tiny clip for the trigger pivot is a bear to take off, use your best seal picks, you'll need them.
Then, and only then, can you burn off the epoxy. You can replace the pin clips with .125 or so E-clips from the auto store, which I did.
I am now looking to get rid of the pull-weight spring, find something with a softer and longer tension curve, the stock springs rise rate is too steep. And BLUE locker from here on out, thanks.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I got my second X-Mark trigger from the classifeds here and the weight adjustment just won't change AT ALL. I've had the proper screw most of the way out and it is still at 4.5 pounds. To my untrained eye, the sear engagement needs to be adjusted since it drags a long way before breaking. I compared the sear engagement with my other X Mark and an older style 700 trigger too. This sear sits a lot fatter than the others. That screw has an allen head and is stuck pretty good mad. I tried heating it with a hair dryer (to the point it was so hot I could barely touch it) but no luck. Any tricks on getting the bugger loose?

RH

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Try soaking it in kerosene for a couple days.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,912 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,365
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.