Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'll take my "quiet" 260 fps from my Outback and spend the $1200 I save on a new Rezen on women and beer...the rest I'll just waste.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm also sticking with my Outback for now....why fix what aint broke

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had the original Switchback IMHO was the best bow Mathews made.I sold it last year to buy the dxt.Didn't like it so I traded it for the 6.5.The 6.5 had a bit more had shock that I like.
The shop didn't have everthing I needed for it so I waited for it on order.In the mean time the Monster came it.My bow guys said I have to shoot it.So I did and let me tell you it is he better bow.
Not a dual cam fan,not a split limb fan,but this bow is smooth and fast,fast.I'm shoot 70# 29 inch draw 330 gr arrow(I know under spined hear all the time) but it tunes nice. I get a sizzling 353 FPS.
BBJ

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
There is a reason the switchback is still in the lineup (aka s2)

Politicians and Diapers both need to be changed often, and for the same reason!
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I don't have a mathews, but I do have 2 mission bows. One is the UX2 and the eliminator. The UX2 is the smoothest dual cam bow I've ever shot and down right accurate. I can go up to 70lbs., but I have it set at 58 lbs. And it's oh so quiet. The eliminator, I will say is the best of all the bows I have, and I've bought 4 this year. There is absolutely no hand shock, and I don't here anything until the arrow hits the targets of mine. Mathews was smart putting out a line of bows, that everyone can afford. All mathews and mission bows of course come with the zebra hybrid strings which is a plus.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I looked at the Rezen, but it just didn't feel as good as my Outback and i just couldn't see paying more for less . I will stick with my Outback for now and use the money on another Lilja or Shilen barrel.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Personally, I shoot the Drenalin LD...and absolutely love it! ....but that's due to the fact that I'm a 31" draw and all of the other Mathews bows mentioned above stop at 30 or 30 1/2"" draw lengths, or are no longer currently available.

The best bow for you is going to be the one that feels the best to you when you draw and shoot it. And that will most likely be the model that is 4" to 6" longer axle to axle length than your draw length. This will provide you with the smoothest draw cycle and give you more stability. But do yourself a big favour...be honest with yourself...regarding your strength and shooting form. Picking the right bow for your abilities now, will pay you huge rewards as you shoot your new bow.

The Drenalin has to be one of the smoothest and best performing bows on the market today. It's light, it's quick, it's forgiving, it's smooth and it's quiet. And with proper hunting weight arrows, most guys (even with shorter draw lengths and lower draw weights) can still get enough speed out of them to get complete pass throughs on bull elk, out to 40 yards, if they do not contact heavy bone. What more is required than that?

The best reason to move to a shorter bow would be if you are mostly a treestand or groundblind hunter and require the compactness due to space restrictions. Other wise the weight saved by buying a DXT or Hyperlite over a Drenalin isn't enough of a reason to give up smoothness of draw and stability.

If speed is your thing, than the Reezen or the Monster are definitely faster...but keep in mind, you are giving up brace hieght, which equals forgiveness to shooting form flaws. You are also going to be getting into bows that produce more handshock. But for a measley 5 fps the Reezen 7.0 or the Monster are going to be more forgiving to shoot in both models due to the longer brace heights. Also keep in mind that tuning these bows becomes a greater challenge, and that they require heavier arrows to make them perform better...as the norm.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by tzone
I'll take my "quiet" 260 fps from my Outback and spend the $1200 I save on a new Rezen on women and beer...the rest I'll just waste.

A reezen is only $725, if you pay 1200 who's selling it to you?

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I've been shooting fairly crappy but Ok bows for years.

My first bow was an onieda Eagle, second was a PSE nova, third was a Jennings Buckmaster G2xL. Now I'm shooting for the first time the Matthews.

I think the ease to draw back the bow is highly under rated, my main reason to upgrade was that pulling back my 65lb buckmaster was much more difficult than the reezen. That and the Reezen shoots a lot faster, and I had extra $$ from selling a rifle so I'm re-investing some coin.

Spot

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was pleasently suprised when I drew a 63# Monster. I was expecting the feel to be similar to the PSE 2 cam, but wow, that was smooth - could definately tell it is a speed bow, but not as bad as expected. IF I were to buy one I would consider 50# peak weight. It would draw and shoot like a 60#'er with an IBO of around 305. In the end there is no free lunch. A fast bow will draw harder than a slower bow - The stored energy has to get there somehow.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
In the end that's why I got the Reezen, more speed for less draw weight, and smooth as a 27 year old thighs is just icing on the cake.

I've got a 28" draw, so I get more speed than a guy with a 26" draw anyway, but dropping the pull weight 5-7lbs and incresing speed - come on!

Spot

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I gotta love the "NEW" S2....(Switchback 2)...........547.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,780
Posts18,477,082
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.