Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by triggerguard1
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Around here... no problem with mixed race kids in general.

Around here, it's still a problem and not likely to go away anytime soon. Knowing what I've heard about the south, I assumed it was worse there than here....Perhaps not.

Racists are where you find them; you only have to look at the Obama threads on here..

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can tell you from living in that area in the early 90's, a man could cover the majority of Tangipahoa Parish by jumping from one David Duke sign to the next.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
it is very common here.....but usually what you see is just the aftermath. which is usually a very homely white chick buying groceries for her flock of mulatto children with food stamps paid for with my taxes. Daddy be long gone. Usually not married anyway.

a now deceased old judge friend of mine said it was one of the immutable rules of life......there is no white woman so fat or so ugly that she can't find some black guy that will screw her.

but however that may be, people are entitled to marry whoever they want to, as long as they're, like of opposite sexes and legal age.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a 6th grader with mixed parents. She was adorable, happy, social, and popular. I had to talk to her for being to gabby in class. Her parents came in for a teachers conference night and told me they were concerned about how we all perceived her as a child of mixed parents. They said she was convinced I hated her. I told her parents she got along very well, had a lot of friends, was doing well in class, but if anything was overly social and disrupting class. Their eyes were wide open and staring at me in shock. They thought their daughter was an outcast. It made me very sad for a long time that they felt their girl was being persecuted for having mixed parents.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
is he really incorrect about his reasoning?

Who a person marries should be that person's choice. If he doesn't want a person of another race for a spouse, that's his prerogative. But he has no right to force his (IMHO erroneous) opinion on others.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The Judge was afraid for the welfare of children from a mixed marriage?

Is he aware of the identity of our present POTUS?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
No kidding. Thankfully it wasn't 20 years ago for the white lesbian couple I saw on TV the other day that decided they wanted a family and one of them was artificially inseminated with the sperm from their gay black friend.

Good thing we are making progress, else folks like that would never be able to give a child a loving home.

But JeffO says the religious, puritanical right won't allow such openmindedness.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
it is very common here.....but usually what you see is just the aftermath. which is usually a very homely white chick buying groceries for her flock of mulatto children with food stamps paid for with my taxes. Daddy be long gone. Usually not married anyway.

a now deceased old judge friend of mine said it was one of the immutable rules of life......there is no white woman so fat or so ugly that she can't find some black guy that will screw her.

but however that may be, people are entitled to marry whoever they want to, as long as they're, like of opposite sexes and legal age.

That mirrors the Metro Detroit area to a tee.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ivan
NEW ORLEANS �
...Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.

"There is a problem with both groups accepting a child from such a marriage," Bardwell said. "I think those children suffer and I won't help put them through it."

It seems to me that this country treats children of mixed race pretty well. We elected one President. It can't be true that "most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships"? 95% of blacks voted for O'bama.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's only the "blacks", by and large, that don't accept those who are not racially like them.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ironic with your sig line...

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Blacks were saying Skippy wasn't black enough before the primaries started. It was only when they started seeing ACORN $$ in their heads, that his "blackness" no longer was an issue.

Mulattos are still somewhat ostracized in both the black and white communities. Not like it was 20+ years ago but it's still reality. Ridiculous to deny a marriage, though it's curious that they didn't just go to another JOP like he suggested.

Considering the chick plans to go to college to study minority politics, one could wonder if they didn't either pick this guy on purpose or made it an issue on purpose, as she's obviously got an agenda. No one suddenly decides to go study minority politics just because the first JOP they approached was a bigot. Hell the first preacher me and my first wife approached to marry us, said no, because he was against marrying a Catholic and a Protestant. Only people looking for an issue, don't just move on.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
ironic with your sig line...

Apes are heavily influenced with the use of simple stimulus, much the same as that which our current leader uses to appeal to his constituents.

Is that irony?

I know 90% of blacks, the majority of which lack basic education, at the hands of their "leaders", support our current President.

If I had a racist/bigot bone in my body, I'd be trying to explain away why the white folks voted for him.

Last edited by kciH; 10/15/09.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Ridiculous to deny a marriage, though it's curious that they didn't just go to another JOP like he suggested."

I agree but if they shrugged their shoulders and let it go, who would they sue?

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you just explained your bigotry and racism quite well.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I used to stop often at a local gunshop to drink a coke and visit with others, after work, before going home. And I got to know this black man, pretty well. He was a pretty good fellow, and came in the gunshop pretty often as well.

The rest of us were usually white. One day the subject of race came up, and this black man, made the comment that everyone was racist to one degree or another. Some of the men denigned this, noone admitted it, probably because they liked him and of course did not want to offend him in any way.

At that point the black man, who was married to a white woman, by the way, said "OK then answer me this, how many of you would be OK with a black man, marrying your daughter?"

You could have heard a pin drop on that floor. I kept my mouth shut, but I had to admit to myself that he had a darned good argument. But then again, I can also readlily admit that there are of course a whole lot of sorry white guys that I wouldn't want to marry my daughter, either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess it all depends on your viewpoint of things.

Perhaps I should forward you the email address or phone number of my nephew, he looks a great deal like our current President, so that you could inquire of him about all the racism and bigotry I have subjected him to.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lastmohecken
...The rest of us were usually white....

Interesting.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
is he really incorrect about his reasoning?
In today's day and age; yes. 20 years ago, he had a point (would still be in the wrong, but at least had a point).

So in that, I'm assuming this day and age children of mixed race, especially white and black, are not discriminated against and would and will likely have a happy and healthy childhood?

Maybe not that, but at least they can be elected President of the USA, that's more than anyone from Arizona can do! grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Krap, .....I thought this was gonna be kinky,.......

"Man weds Nutria,........and his flock of hens", struck down by a Superior court.

just more of same chit,.......discovered.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,389
Posts18,488,664
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.